PDA

View Full Version : Suffering from hair cut regret....

Crystal520
August 20th, 2009, 09:54 AM
:(

Ok I just recently went from hair that was just below my shoulders to sort of a pixie/crop hair cut. At first I loved it and it has only been like this for since about Monday. But I am finding myself wishing and regreting cutting it soooo short!!

I want to start down the right path to growing it long again and I need some tips to point me in the right direction.

What are some good products I can buy to help with hair growth (live in the US)?? I am already taking a hair vitamin (been taking that for about a month now).

Maddy25
August 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I'm sure it looks great on you and on the bright side, you will have gorgeous hair if you decideto grow it long because it is all healthy new hair!

Sammybunny711
August 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I just did the same thing. I cut my hair back to pixie at the beginning of June and I do love it like this. Truly I do. But I also TRULY want to grow it long. I finally came to the conclusion...I NEED to do this to get it out of my system and you can always cut it short after you have grown it out. If you really want to grow it long again, I would invest in some vitamins, such as Calcium, Antioxidants, plenty of B-Vitamins or your could do a multi-vitamin or Hair-skin-nails vitamin. I would also scalp massage DAILY and find the right hair care routine that works for you.

LaurelSpring
August 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I know how you feel. Everytime I went and got my hair cut short I loved it for about a week then I was bored with it and then regretted it. Finally I did it enough times that I just remembered how much I would dislike it in a week and stoped doing it. The best advice I can give you is to take good care of it and stay away from the salon!

ChrissieM
August 20th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Take good care of yourself (healthy diet, exercise, vitamins, scalp massages, etc.) and hair growth will follow. Take advantage of your short hair now and do some funky spiky styles or something with it that are impossible when hair is long.

Roseate
August 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
^^ I agree, make sure to enjoy your hair while it's short! Don't be so so focused on your goal that you don't appreciate the steps along the way; that will make the growing seem 2000 times slower.

Nothing I've tried has changed my growth rate in the slightest.

Crystal520
August 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone!

The vitamins I am taking now are the GNC Hair, Skin and Nails.....I have been taking them for about a month. I was looking at a few shampoos and conditioners that I might try like Hair Forumla 37 Shampoo and Conditioner.

Oh and did I mention my husband hates it this short :(

lonestargal
August 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Oh man I feel your pain. At the beginning of summer I went from just past BSL to the dreaded everyone has it bob. I liked it for about 3 days and realized I hated getting up early to flat iron just to look decent. Short hair just isn't flattering on me either. So now I'm back on the long road to grow it out. DH is thrilled, he HATES short hair. It's just now skimming my shoulders and I can do a pony tail or sock bun but that's it. I've started CO about 2 wks ago and I can tell a difference in my hair big time!!! Good luck!!

spidermom
August 20th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I've intended to grow my hair long ever since I was a teeny-tiny little girl. But I never developed the patience for it until I was in my mid-40s. That is what you will need the most - patience. Also get busy with other things and try to get your mind out of your hair. The more you think about it, the slower it will seem to grow.

You have a lot of stages to look forward to; enjoy!

NiAosSi
August 20th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I second what Spidermom said. Although I am younger, I did try to grow my hair during my early teens and just got really impatient and cut, colored, damaged my hair because I was just idle at that age... Patience is really the only hair growth miracle available.

SchnauzerMom
August 20th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Been there, done that, many times. Hope you make your goal, patience is the key, lots of it.