PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst thing you've got stuck in your hair?

Heavenly Locks
August 19th, 2009, 09:50 PM
What is the worst thing you've caught your hair in or gotten stuck in your hair? Did you get it out successfully or did you have to cut it out? :shudder:

I think we've all got the classic gum in the hair, or evil round brush tangled in...

Once, I got a BIRD caught in my hair. Luckily it was a pet bird and the poor dear landed in my hair and got his little feet all caught up. I was worried about his toes and feathers getting hurt! We did get him out unscathed, but my hair got pulled pretty bad...

adiapalic
August 19th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Oh my goodness! I remember my little cockatiels wanting to fly and land in my hair--poor little things :)

I remember getting tree resin stuck in my hair when I was younger. I think I just snipped that little bit of hair off, it was hidden under the canopy. However, now I would probably try dish soap and hot water to get out something like that.

ETA: Oh, and I forgot... those evil soft rollers I tried once when I was 16. Well, I didn't know I should use those little tissue papers on the ends to prevent tangling when taking them out. But those things were evil to my hair. I don't think I knew what I was doing!

Bereft
August 19th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I've gotten a little baby rattie stuck in my hair. Poor thing was probably traumatized! It took more than 5 minutes with two people helping to get him untangled! It didnt help that he kept squirming and making it worse.:lol:

I've also gotten my DBF dog tags and my other necklaces entangled in my hair while we were play wrestling. I cant remeber how long it took to get them out, but it felt like it took forever. I almost had to cut it out, but thankfuly DBF is good at getting my hair untangled now.:p

Laurel32
August 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
When I was younger my twin sister stuck gum in my hair.:demon:

Giant Robot
August 19th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I walked into a fly strip once - gross! I had to cut it out of my hair.

Heavenly Locks
August 19th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I walked into a fly strip once - gross! I had to cut it out of my hair.

AAAGH!! *yucky dance*

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I thought that I had a black widow fall in my hair from an overhead branch (because I was trying to take a pic of one that was on the ground) So I felt one drop on top of my head, and I started shaking my hair out so fast to the point where my vision blurred lol! But it wasn't a black widow, it was one of these http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.carolinanature.com/spiders/argiope6252a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.carolinanature.com/spiders/blackandyellowargiope.html&usg=__YTX5yT6SulmxT9GFRIpcjeDPyyg=&h=450&w=600&sz=29&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=oem9hn2TfT0dwM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dyellow%2Bblack%2Bspider%26hl%3Den%26c lient%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1 :D

By the time I finished shaking my whole head the spider fell on the ground, I tried to get a pic of it, but we were both stagering around and we had a hard time keeping our balance! :bounce:

Lady Mary
August 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Nothing too major, the worst I think I have encountered and had stick to my hair was probably spider webs. I did have to help my friend get gum out of his shoulder length hair once, that was a nightmare :mad

Charlotte
August 19th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Nothing so far in my hair, but dear daughters have had the odd bird poo and spiral brushes are a definate NO around here due to daughters tangling their hair all up and needing emergency scissor work :rolleyes: .

Quixii
August 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Oh gosh, I know this is in the "we've all had" list, but the first time I ever saw one of those round brushes where the bristles go all the way a round, I just had to try it. I figured you wrapped your hair around it like a curly. It was so stuck! I think it took a long time detangling with a little bit of cutting to get it out. I haven't touched one of those since!
Other than that, I've had pretty normal things like gum, sticks, glue.

rogue_psyche
August 19th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I once got a toy racecar stuck in my head. It was one of those that you wind up by rolling it backwards repeatedly and then let it go and it bursts forward. I was goofing off, pretending to give myself a back massage with it, and my hair just suddenly wrapped around the car's axels. My mom had to cut it out.

I also got a round brush stuck in my hair.

RancheroTheBee
August 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
HAHA! What a great idea for a thread!

I think the worst was a comb. I was about nine. Instead of waiting for my mom to get home, I cut out. I had this intense little... broom-shaped thing of hair sticking out of my head for the longest time.

masterofmidgets
August 20th, 2009, 12:21 AM
A few weeks ago, a huge fly flew into my face, and when I swatted it away, it got caught in my hair. You could hear me screeching two blocks away.

I think this is worse though: I have bad allergies year-round, and back when I used to wear my hair down all the time, I remember at least a couple times sneezing when my hair was in my face. EW EW EW.

jasper
August 20th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Round brushes- it took me a couple of times to learn that lesson when I was young.

I'm an art teacher, so glue and paint were the worst. My hair is long enough now that it needs to always be up in the classroom.

naselflee
August 20th, 2009, 01:49 AM
2 years ago I got leg wax stuck in my hair. I was trying to give myself dreads. So you could imagine it was all sticky and awful. Got it out by rubbing eucalyptus oil in my hair and brushing it out for a whole month. I lost 6 inches and 1/3 of volume. Silly silly me :brickwall

Hiriel
August 20th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Parcel tape is quite nasty. It stuck completely, had to cut it out. Note to self: wear hair up.

Merlin
August 20th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Please note: Bats do not get stuck in your hair!

marzipanthecat
August 20th, 2009, 04:25 AM
A small plastic toy Christmas tree. I think it might have been part of some Barbie playset (it was certainly part of some toy!)

I remember my grandmother cutting it out. It was really knotted in. I have honestly no idea how it got so bad.

Sigh.

Newniepg
August 20th, 2009, 04:56 AM
I think my only bad experience was getting a round brush stuck- evil things.

I am getting grabby baby hands stuck in my hair quite a bit recently too! Difficult to detangle.

willowcandra
August 20th, 2009, 05:03 AM
the back end of a hair dryer. Those lil metal mesh things are there for a reason:rolleyes: had to snip bit until I could pull it all free. Long time ago now.

Loreley
August 20th, 2009, 05:36 AM
When I was four, my hair was waist-length. Then I get it cut to neck-length. Two weeks after I fell asleep with a chewing gum in my mouth. It had to be cut. My hair was a few centimetres after that. :mad:
Since then I've been growing my hair.

GlassEyes
August 20th, 2009, 06:27 AM
My mom and I tried to roll my hair with velcro rollers once.

It didn't end well. At all. I've also had gum in my hair, but I think we just shaved my head--I had short hair.

And there was one time a bee got trapped in my hair. @___________@;; NOT COOL.

halo_tightens
August 20th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I did the round brush thing once too-- but it was one of the ones that's a cross breed with a curling iron, and it was super-hot when it got stuck! I could smell the hair getting hotter and hotter, and I was afraid of burning that hair past all redemption, so I acted fast! I unplugged the horrible thing and starting dousing that part of my head with cold water to cool it down as fast as possible. I was so angry at the curling iron brush thingie that I didn't care if I got water inside it and ruined it, lol. After it cooled down, I had to remove the end of it with a screwdriver (while it was still tangled in my hair), slide out the individual combs that made up the bristles, and detangle each of those from my head individually. Needless to say, each piece went straight into the trash!

In the end, there was very little discernible damage to my hair. Glad I had the sense to cool things down FAST! :D

Charentais
August 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM
http://www.firstaidmonster.com/images/products/FAM_COMB_5_BLACK-2606.jpg

When I was a little girl, my evil teacher tried to brush my rats-nest hair with an evil black comb for evil picture day at evil school.

She tried.

Evil.

ecologystudent
August 20th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Heh, I got a comb just like that caught in my bangs when I was a kid. I was just messing around, winding the bangs around it like it was a curler or something. I have no idea how it got so bad that mom and I couldn't get it unstuck- she had to cut it out.

To top it off, just a few weeks ago I was playing with a comb and my hair and winding it around, and just stopped myself in time when I realized what I was doing.:o

metalgypsy85
August 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Some brat kid in 8th grade stuck gum in my hair. I got it out, but seriously, ripping apart my hair to get someone's chewed gum out is disgusting.

SHELIAANN1969
August 20th, 2009, 09:09 AM
A mixer, the beaters to be exact. I also got my tongue stuck to the freezer, I was a rambunctious kid, lol. :D

LadyLongLocks
August 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
When I was young I got gum stuck in my hair when I fell asleep with it. Next was hair getting sucked into the back of the blow dryer and all wrapped in the little fan.

Michele
August 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Nailpolish! Half a bottle. I did get it out with nail polish remover though, never had hair so dry and i've never felt more stupid.. :brickwall
:D

lindaton
August 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
As I mentioned in another thread, I had my hair sucked into the motor of my hedge trimmer. About 8" of it. It was wrapped around the motor. DH had to take the trimmer apart to get the hair out. I wear my hair up for these tasks now.

Aisha25
August 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Once when I was small a brush got lost and so tangled in my hair. I cried for days cause it hurt so much to take it out :wail:

NiAosSi
August 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Ha... I also walked into a fly strip once. Needless to say, it was full of flies. It was funny and DH was not much help because he was laughing hysterically...:rolleyes::D

young&reckless
August 20th, 2009, 11:05 AM
[quote=marzipanthecat;730700]A small plastic toy Christmas tree. I think it might have been part of some Barbie playset (it was certainly part of some toy!)
quote]

Lego christmas tree for me, spiral tree of doom.

Worst ever was my pet bunny (the small kind) never fall asleep with a bunny on a couch, poor thing was screaming but I got him out. But, bunnies poop when they are scared.:(

cobblersmaid
August 20th, 2009, 11:12 AM
My brother once decided that it would be funny to spin a whirleygig on my head. My hair got all wound up inside the center piece. Lucky, my mum was able to get it all out. I have gotten gum in it lots of times, but cold water and a fine tooth comb takes care of that no problem.

Kiraela
August 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Probably the worst thing I've got stuck in my hair was not one, not two, but three! four week old kittens. I was laying on the floor playing with a litter of kittens, and three of the six started wrestling on my hair. THAT was fun to detangle... a writhing mass of hissing, clawing, freaking out kittens. Very... Pointy.

Aisha25
August 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Lol kiraela I remember my mom had cats and I was wearing braid and it was hanging from the back of the chair and all of a sudden I feel tugging I looked and a grown cat was climbing up my braid :laugh: All the way to my shoulders I was like ahhhh its going break my hair!! Thanks goodness no bad came to my hair:lol:

lovebug
August 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
How to get rid of bubblegum stuck in your hair? Thatīs the worst ever happened to me.

Kiraela
August 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Aisha: that's why I don't wear a braid when I sit at the computer anymore!! My cat will grab onto the end of it and start tugging if I ignore her when she demands snuggles. (after that, she starts tapping me with one claw *tap* *tap* *tap* *claw at me like I was a scratching post*). She's a very determinedly affectionate. Actually, she was one of the babies that got caught in my hair!

nucleardelusion
August 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
An electronic hamster on wheels. My brother thought he was being cute. My bird gets tangled now and then, but he usually avoids my hair. He hates it! He'll do whatever he can to sit on my shoulder and get his little cockatiel beak around my earrings, but he HATES hair. He "attacks" it & hisses.

Aisha25
August 20th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Aisha: that's why I don't wear a braid when I sit at the computer anymore!! My cat will grab onto the end of it and start tugging if I ignore her when she demands snuggles. (after that, she starts tapping me with one claw *tap* *tap* *tap* *claw at me like I was a scratching post*). She's a very determinedly affectionate. Actually, she was one of the babies that got caught in my hair!
LOL that is tooo cute she lets you know she wants lovin :inlove: You cant help but love them so much :cloud9:

Kiraela
August 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Oh, yeah. This kitty has been my beloved baby since the second she was born and I had to breathe life back into her.... I am definately her devoted servant! (And she knows it, haha). When the cats misbehave, DBF's cat may get squirted with the water bottle, but my Emma... She knows I won't actually use it on her. So spoiled!

Reptilia
August 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Definitly gum! When I was pretty young.

Otherwise... candlewax!

LawyerGirl
August 20th, 2009, 12:52 PM
a BAT... like, the animal. No, I don't want to talk about it! I'm still traumatized... I think I was 7 when it happened...

Merlin
August 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM
a BAT... like, the animal. No, I don't want to talk about it! I'm still traumatized... I think I was 7 when it happened...

Don't worry, you don't need to talk about it because it's probably something you're mis-remembering, or a family myth. Because it just doesn't happen under anything like normal circumstances anyway..

LawyerGirl
August 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Don't worry, you don't need to talk about it because it's probably something you're mis-remembering, or a family myth. Because it just doesn't happen under anything like normal circumstances anyway..

It wasn't normal circumstances. I crawled in a crawlspace when I moved into a new house that had not been occupied for a long time. It flew out, and as I was in the entryway, it flapped around in my hair long enough to make me cry and then flew away.

Amraann
August 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I had this attachment for my vaccum cleaner meant to clean upholstery. Small little piece that had a rolling brush in it.
I once got my hair tangled in that.
Luckily once I turned the vaccum off it easily spun the other way and untangled with minimal damage.

rach
August 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM
another gum problem here once. had to cut it out because it was that imbedded . took a while to grow out "sigh"

Kirin
August 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Industrial fly strip. Yep. That about says it all.

windinherhair
August 20th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I would say gum is the worst, but I hate these hair clips too:

http://www.u-handbag.com/images/hairclip.gif

joyellen
August 20th, 2009, 06:56 PM
The worst thing I've had stuck in my hair was gum when I was little. Unfortunately it was a lot of gum, and my hair was very long. My mom spent hours and used more than one bottle of baby oil to get the mess out.

When my mom was really young she was combing my great grandma's hair. Somehow she got the comb stuck so badly that it had to be cut out. Yikes!

AJoifulNoise
August 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Fly paper. The. Worst. Most disgusting. Thing. EVER. It washed right out... But, but... fly pieces!

LittleOrca
August 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
The idea that I could only keep it short when I was younger. ;)

Soft rollers hurt and got stuck a lot when I curled my hair without heat. I also got a hair hang stuck in my hair, like tied around it and I had to spend 10 minutes getting it out so I wouldn't lose my hair.

Thankfully I have not had a gum problem or anything else. Knock on wood!

thankyousir74
August 20th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Oh gosh, I know this is in the "we've all had" list, but the first time I ever saw one of those round brushes where the bristles go all the way a round, I just had to try it. I figured you wrapped your hair around it like a curly. It was so stuck! I think it took a long time detangling with a little bit of cutting to get it out. I haven't touched one of those since!

My experience with one of those was horrible. I was like seven and it seemed no matter what I did I couldn't get it out. By the time my mom found me I was in full blown tears :(

ericthegreat
August 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I've gotten actual glue, yes glue in my hair. Luckily, washing my hair and running the showerhead over it for a very long time and also some careful scrubbing in the spot I got the glue helped to dissolve the glue away from my hair.........most of it anyway the part of my hair that had glue on it still felt "gummy" afterward.

Jinx2234
August 20th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I've gotten a round brush stuck in my hair before. Also once I was lying in front of an old fan and my hair got wrapped around the inside of it. Luckily I got my hair out without having to cut any of it. Also I thought that foam rollers were supposed to be used on wet hair so I got quite a few of them stuck in my hair. Usually I could get them out without cutting but one was so tangled that I had to cut my hair (and the roller) to get it out. I haven't used the rollers since that time.

hennaphile
August 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Hairbrush. When I was 14 I was fiddling with it and got it stuck:P
Took a few hours to get out. That was back when my hair was long and thick. *sigh*

jasper
August 20th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah, and apart from glue, paint and clay, I've also had masking tape stuck in my hair. Masking tape made the other things seem trivial.

WhitsEnd
August 21st, 2009, 10:56 AM
When I was in high school I played soft ball and would always get this girl to do the cornrow braids halfway back and then put the rest in a ponytail. After the game and having worn a helmet for most of it(I was hindcatcher) it was always to matted and gross. I would have to cut those little rubber bands out of my braids.

WelshLocks
August 21st, 2009, 11:18 AM
I repainted my bathroom this summer and got primer in my hair.:o
Once,I was making a peanut butter toast sandwich and got the peanut butter in my hair(that was a mess to get out)

hmmm...those really tiny hair ties(made of elastic but not covered)I've gotten those in my hair.They're awful to get out, and I refuse to touch them anymore.

Syaoransbear
August 21st, 2009, 11:44 AM
A puppy.

Back when my dog was an 80 pound puppy and not yet trained, he'd jump up sometimes. One time he jumped up and chomped on my hair, hit a bunch of tangles and dragged me down to the ground. Then he started freaking out because my hair had him like a net. Ugh.

RancheroTheBee
August 21st, 2009, 12:07 PM
After I wrote that the worst thing I've ever gotten in my hair was a comb, I slipped on the newspaper on my floor and crashed my head into the wet paint on the wall. It looked pretty cool, like I had a patch of grayish-blue hair.

Fractalsofhair
August 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Extensions. They sound minor compared to odd animals, but the way mine came out wasn't... Minor.

In 8th grade, there was a guy who sat behind me who had a bit of an obsession with my hair. He ended up pulling out my pink extensions, and it was amusing!

violetka
August 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
After reading this thread I feel very alarmed about having longer hair :D It seems to be a dangerous thing.

The worst thing that ever got stuck in/on my hair were the eggs of lice when I was 7. Removing them took two weeks of vacation for me and hard labor for my parents.

The funniest was my cat`s nails.(playing with hair is very appealing but not safe)

Marika
August 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM
Bird :poop: is by far the worst thing! I still feel like vomiting when I think about it. I had to wash my hair like 5 times and the smell just wouldn't go away! It was also a bit traumatizing... Whenever I see birds, I get shivers down my spine and feel like running away. It doesn't help that there are birds everywhere where I'm living. People think I'm crazy because I'm constantly looking up in the sky with a worried look on my face!:D

teela1978
August 21st, 2009, 01:45 PM
Roundbrush. Stupid me I've done it like 4 times. The last time I think I was 20 or so. We were visiting my aunt, a cousin tried to style my hair. It was bad. My mom wasn't at the house right then, and the Aunt was about ready to cut it out before my mom came back and sat there for a couple of hours slowly undoing it.

Terrible things. Why do they even make them??????

I had a bee in my hair once. That kinda sucked because I thought it was a leaf, so I grabbed it and once I saw it was a bee I tried to flick it away and got stung. Bee stings kinda hurt.

JamieLeigh
August 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM
Gum, of course. And a little plastic green army man got tangled in it a couple of years ago. :(

Stephichan
August 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think someone already mentioned this one, but fly paper. I volunteer in a plant sciences research lab, and some of the growth chambers have to be absolutely devoid of insects, and when you're planting/transplanting, or just moving stuff around, you have to be very careful of where you stick your head. I've gotten those darned things in my hair too many times to count.

wendyg
August 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
My word, you all lead such eventful lives.

wg

muuserid
August 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM
A vacuum. I was maybe 11 or 12 and hanging out in my older brother's room while he was cleaning. He thought it would be funny to vacuum my hair, and I'll tell you what, it was definitely not funny. It took my mom about half an hour to get me untangled and we ended up cutting several inches. I recently reminded my now 38 year-old brother, and he just gave me this look like "gimme a break!" I don't think he even remembers!

Not sure if this really qualifies for this thread, but I also once set the entire left side of my hair on fire. I was working at a kid's bday party and leaned a little to close to the cake and, of course, the burning candles. I freaked out, but thankfully only my hair was harmed. I lost several inches that time, too. And man, did that room stink! I laugh now knowing that the birthday boy probably still remembers the time the random girl at his party caught her hair on fire.

toodramatik
August 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
My sister got metal shavings stuck in her waist-length hair the other day from Shop class. Poor thing.

julya
August 21st, 2009, 07:37 PM
I had a bee in my hair when I was in first grade, but thankfully I was not stung. The buzzing was so loud!

redwoman
August 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM
When I was in second grade I got chewing gum stuck in the back of my hair after going to sleep with it in my mouth. The next morning my mom was trying to get it out and I kept crying to "cut it off", but she didn't. She got it out and I kept my waist length hair...gotta love mom for that...

JCFantasy23
September 6th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Actually hair accessories. I've gotten a small clip twisted somehow in my hair all sorts of ways, and when I took it out it had tangled in different sections, resulting in a mess with broken hair in various spots.

Hiriel
September 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I was St. Lucia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy's_Day) in elementary school. Look at that picture on wikipedia, and guess exactly how much candle wax there was in my hair...

ritza
September 6th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Gum..Happy Hair Growing!

Gingevere
September 6th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Burdock! When we were really little, my best friend and I would come in the house after playing outside, both with a headful of them. They're just awful.

Nowadays, I'm a bit more careful... but I still have to deal with them in my horse's mane.

Feline
September 7th, 2009, 06:45 PM
When I was a kid, I had a great big ugly bug stuck in my hair... problem was I told my mom that "something's crawling in my hair" and she didn't believe me, until she saw the thing MOVE...she did get it out pretty quick then.

More recently, a bird dive-bombed me on a visit to our local big box hardware-lumber-home improvement store...thank God they have public restrooms, where I was able to remove a large amount of it...jumped right in the shower the moment we got home and washed like crazy. YUCK!!!:disgust: I wear a hat now whenever we go there.

friskybiznus
September 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
About 8 years ago I got a (pardon the pun) "wild hair" and had someone put dreadlocks in my almost-waist-length hair. Wore them just long enough for them to get "locked in", then decided I didn't want them (they looked horrible, I hated them). I tried combing them out, but it was too late. Had to get them cut out....traumatic!!!:p

Gladtobemom
September 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Definitely the worst thing was a chair wheel. It was AWFUL. I was all by myself and had a devil of a time getting out of the chair without pulling a chunk of hair out.

Then I picked the chair up and carried it to the lab and spent half an hour picking my hair out. I still had to cut some.

littleWren
September 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Now let's see....
I have had
metal shavings
pine cones from climbing trees
Lice(now that was a nightmare.)
my curls have been caught around tree branches
while working at a barn my hair has been caught in jump post under the metal thing that holds the poles up
my violins shoulder rest has grabbed some of my hair before
my hair has devoured my cats paws multiple times
I've accidentaly supperglued my hair to something I was fixing
my hair often gets caught on he back of chairs
and I have had flypaperstuck to my hair

All of the above has happened to my hair

dont know if it counts but horses have tried to eat my hair and my birds LOVE to hide in it:D

allege
September 7th, 2009, 11:06 PM
One of those curling iron brushes. My sister was fixing my hair when I was about 9 or so, and got the curling iron brush stuck in my hair. So not only was it twisted around the teeth (like with those horrid round brushes) but there was also heat! Most was untangled but I did end up with bangs from it.

Milui Elenath
September 8th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Oh the memories! I will jump on the bandwagon with the round brush curling wand with supposed retractable brush bits - yes they do retract but they take the hair with them, velcro rollers, back end of the hairdryer sucking in, sticky tape but worst of all an ez comb hairstyle that had me stretching and wrapping it around and around - I believe it took about half an hour to get it out. - Its in my blog. Also the quickbraid - the one with the little hooks you wrap your hair around as they spin it into beautiful rope braids; or else instead wrap your hair around the item itself. Remarkably I've never had to cut my hair to detangle but sometimes there have been a few rips, sore arms and many tears.

Aquamarine
September 8th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Toothpaste,! I was like 5 when I accidentally spit on my hair while brushing my teeth (my hair was past my waist then) I don't leave my hair loose...mom always puts pigtails(side braids) in my hair....but even now I occasionally find my hair soaked in toothpaste in my bathroom sink on one of those terrible mornings;) I live near a beach so, you'll often find me cleaning sand off my hair.:rolleyes:

Arriens
September 11th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Loads of wet concrete. Coworker was sleeping and didn't noticed me.

Its a bitch to get out of your hair when you are in the middle of nowhere where you can only you the tap (for washing hands).

But I succeeded, but the boss wasn't too happy with the missed working time. :p

linda g
September 11th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Another fly paper trauma. ew ew ew

Less icky, but hard to get out: a toy gyroscope:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyroscope

My hair was twisted into that thing every which way!

masnmab
September 12th, 2009, 08:47 AM
this thread is scaring the bejeesus out of me. The other day while walking the dogs, I felt a bug hit my ear and started screaming and beating my head in the street. It felt like one of the giant NOLA flying roaches and I was so afraid it would be stuck in my hair! shudder:

I've had lots of glue, tape, stickers and other school stuff get stuck because I'm an elementary teacher, but nothing too traumatic yet.

bahannas
September 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Plaster, after an art project. It was such a pain to get out! :eek:

Nicoliee
January 20th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Other than that, I've had pretty normal things like gum, sticks, glue.
I HATE those brushes. My mom gave me her old one and I tried it and thought I'd never get it out!

turquoisebud
January 20th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Seems like a lot of us have "used" a round brush when we were little! :p That's probably the worst thing I had in my hair except for tree sap. It was pretty common for me to get it in my hair as I played in the woods a lot. :) I had a friend who little girl got silly string all in her hair. I was horrible, but they got it out thankfully! I felt sorry for the little girl because she was like 4 and someone else got it in her hair. Ouch! :(

Intransigentia
January 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Pine tree resin, with assorted pine needles, bark, and cones.

beez1717
January 21st, 2011, 02:50 AM
I'm currently getting out the last bits of white paint from my volunteering job i did a few days ago. Yuck. Besides that i haven't had anything really bad in my hair because it was never long enough to hold anything in it before,,,, XD

Freki
January 21st, 2011, 04:21 AM
The worst thing for me was getting a moth stuck in my hair. Moths frighten me... that's probably part of the reason why.

The worst for my hair was a sucker that somehow got wrapped in my hair when I was younger. That had to be cut out. And, like someone else had happen, getting my hair sucked into the back of the blowdryer when I was a teenager.

Othala
January 21st, 2011, 04:35 AM
Chicken poo. Not a nice discovery.

Oz
January 21st, 2011, 04:38 AM
I did the round brush thing once too-- but it was one of the ones that's a cross breed with a curling iron, and it was super-hot when it got stuck! I could smell the hair getting hotter and hotter, and I was afraid of burning that hair past all redemption, so I acted fast! I unplugged the horrible thing and starting dousing that part of my head with cold water to cool it down as fast as possible. I was so angry at the curling iron brush thingie that I didn't care if I got water inside it and ruined it, lol. After it cooled down, I had to remove the end of it with a screwdriver (while it was still tangled in my hair), slide out the individual combs that made up the bristles, and detangle each of those from my head individually. Needless to say, each piece went straight into the trash!

In the end, there was very little discernible damage to my hair. Glad I had the sense to cool things down FAST! :D

that is some quick thinking, well done.

Oz
January 21st, 2011, 04:39 AM
it probably doesnt count as getting 'stuck' but sure as hell is damaging...
but i have one word for you all.

fire!

gizelle
January 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
The scariest was the hot tub. I had my hair in a braid and it got caught around one of the spinning jets and pulled. I've done the small brush and the hair dryer also.

DreadfulWoman
January 21st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Feathers. From an old down comforter I had that started getting holes in it. Before I threw it out, a seemingly endless supply of tiny feathers embedded themselves in my dreads. That was three years ago. The last time I found one of those feathers was two days ago. :doh:

I've done the the roundbrush thing as well. And I think I was even old enough to know better at the time. :o

Cirafly24
January 21st, 2011, 06:18 PM
A child.

Yep, when my god daughter was little she got all tangled up in my hair while we were playing on the floor. It's not easy to make a 2 year old stay still long enough to undo THAT mess. My hair was tangled in her hands, around her arm, in her hair clip, in the buttons of her overalls, etc etc. I got my hair yanked pretty good that time, my scalp was sore for hours. And she was all pissed off because I "wouldn't let her go" lol

I've never done the round brush thing on myself, but when I was about 6, I was playing with my mom's hair and got it hopelessly tangled in a little round brush. She spent about an hour untangling that, and I spent that entire time crying because I felt so bad. I was just trying to make her hair curly! lol

Malibu Barbie
January 21st, 2011, 06:22 PM
The worst was black tar surfing in northern Ca. I had a friend with me and she was used to it. Thats when I learned about babyoil and how it will remove lots of things from hair and skin.

Juneii
January 21st, 2011, 06:27 PM
Bird poop. It was easy to get out but just really gross to think about.

TrichPrincess
January 21st, 2011, 06:48 PM
Please note: Bats do not get stuck in your hair! Duly noted.
A tick. And the &**& really dug into my scalp, too.

RadiantNeedle
January 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
I can't really say precisely what it was that got stuck in my hair, but l'll say 'There's Something About Mary' and that should give you a good idea.
I was at an 'after party' after a 2 week run of a musical (in which I played the lead) and we were all hanging out the whole night at one of the cast member's houses. I didn't sleep and didnt get into one of 'those' situations, so I'm still not sure how it got there O.o
I'm thinking it might have been accidental transfer from a comforter or something.
Still.... Shockingly gross...

MissCharizard
January 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
My uncle stuck Gack(putty type stuff) in my hair as a joke when I was about 8 years old, had to cut it all out! It was a total nightmare because my grandmother had cut all my hair off two years before due to lice. I was so upset and hated my uncle for awhile.

madeline_
January 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM
A man, that just couldn't stop grabbing and pulling and touching it despite numerous not-so-kind warnings. Needless to say I dumped him. Though not so much because of the hairpulling but because of the personality that came along with it.

sulawesi_girl
January 22nd, 2011, 01:26 AM
I was sleeping on the floor once, and was woken up by something crawling in my hair...while still more than half-asleep, I managed to shake it out -- 'twas a cockroach, which hastily scuttled away!

musicallberrii
January 22nd, 2011, 01:39 AM
A fan.. I was trying to be hilarious and talk into one of those desk fans (for anyone who hasn't done this, it makes your voice sound funny) and it sucked in my hair

Ludde
January 22nd, 2011, 04:41 AM
Velcro and knotted hair is not the best elements to combine.

Me and a friend rode through a coppice forest. I was called wood nymph for AGES afterwards.

Heartwillfollow
January 22nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
catus,, :( my poor major as a puppy got catus attached to him in a wind storm and as I was able to get it off of him if flew into my hair.. I thought I would never get it untangled..

Intransigentia
January 24th, 2011, 08:50 AM
The worst thing (in my opinion) to get stuck in my longhair ex-boyfriend's hair: my nose-ring. An hour after I got the piercing done.

Paranda Belle
January 24th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Someone else's sari caught my hair once. It was not fun trying to untangle myself from sequins.

cybernetica
January 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM
The worst thing to ever get stuck was a wasp. That darn sucker kept on stinging my head repeatedly. All the wile my mother telling me there was noting in my hair lol I eventually managed to shake it out.

RedFly
January 24th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Chewing gum... twice :)

growing2shine
January 24th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Once I fell asleep with gum in my mouth...
And once a girl rubbed a big amount of green toy slime on my head. Impossible to wash out!:scissors:

bluesnowflake
January 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
My mom and I have very different hair. When I was little, I wanted curly hair, so I asked if she had rollers. She did, but they were large and had little plastic "hairs" that were supposed to hold your hair. It worked fine on her babyfine short hair, but on my thick hair it was a disaster- like Velcro! I got it out after many hours of combing. I've gotten it caught in the Velcro on my sister's coat That was interesting. Lesson learned- avoid velcro at all costs!

Becky Safari
January 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Fire :(

Leaning over a candle and POOF the hair on the left of my face gone

Funwithsharps
January 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM
One time when I was in 6th grade...I got a whole bush of burdocks stuck in my hair. It was horrible. With the help of someone's mom, we got it all out without cutting it.

HairFaerie
January 24th, 2011, 01:19 PM
A June bug came into the sun roof in my car and got stuck in my hair when it was BSL. After I realized what it was and before I had time to panic...it got out of my hair. But- it was in my car somewhere and all I kept thinking of the whole time I was driving home was "AGH! It's going to get into my hair again!"

In case you don't have June bugs where you live, below is a link that shows them in all of their buggy glory. Someone is holding one (Ewwwww!) so you can get an idea of their size. They get bigger than that too!

http://www.hiltonpond.org/thisweek020708.html

ScarlettAdelle
January 24th, 2011, 01:51 PM
A Barbie brush... a Barbie comb... part of a Barbie car... a Barbie... (when i grew out of Barbies the frequency of things getting stuck in my hair dropped drastically...

My dog... my other dog... my cat (none of these entirely entangled, but there was some hair by hair detangling that had to be done to release them) a pencil, countless necklaces... hair ties...

by far, the worst would have to be the little auto-braider thingiething that came with my Pocahontas doll when I was a child. My hair conquered that little raccoon shaped twister... The broken hairs had managed to wrap themselves in such a way that it never twistie-braided again...

thisischristine
January 24th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Auto braider that came with my Lady Lovely Locks doll. I can't believe they sold that contraption to kids and had a picture of a child using it!!

Fly paper was horrific. The glue was bad, but the bits of fly....

Got it sucked into the end of a hairdryer too, and trapped in the electric window of the car. It isn't even that long yet!!

Annalise
January 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM
When I was a little girl, my mother and grandmother used to let me play with their hair. I rolled up a round brush in my mothers' C/iii hair. That was the last time I ever got to play with her hair.

The worst thing that ever happened to me was when I first realized that my hair was long. I was cleaning out the cat box with my hair loose. When I bent over the tub to scrub it out, my hair went in the dirty cat poo water.

That was the last time I ever cleaned the litter box with my hair down.

feb26
January 24th, 2011, 04:13 PM
peanut butter when I was a child. Spider webs as an adult. Have been quite lucky :)

swivelhop
January 25th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I can't pick one, but none of these required a cut!
Pine sap, carnauba wax, gum, epoxy, 'red' grease, cockaburrs....

gustavonut
January 30th, 2016, 02:35 PM
I got my hair stuck in a brush somehow and had to cut a really big chunk of my hair off. It was funny looking but didn't bother me at all at the time 8)

Sparklecake
January 31st, 2016, 10:05 PM
Somehow when I was younger and even sometimes now I always managed to get hair bands (ponytail holders) stuck in my hair. The hair would wrap completely around and the only way to remove it was cutting... not that I did that when I was younger, I would just rip O.O. IT makes me shudder to think how rough I was with my hair when I was I child. I've no idea how it grew so long then.

AutobotsAttack
January 31st, 2016, 10:11 PM
mainly just gum, and a various assortment of combs, and broken shards of glass.

trolleypup
January 31st, 2016, 11:24 PM
Pine sap. When I was on a 5 day backpacking trip. So it stayed in until I got home...which I guess was good because it was partially crystallized by then...but I still had to use Goo-Gone to get the sap out, and then camellia oil to get the Goo-Gone out, and then water to get the camellia oil out (I was water only at the time). I'm pretty sure vomiting on my hair wasn't the worst because I was thinking of "maybe this is the next great hair treatment" as it was happening.

Islandgrrl
February 1st, 2016, 12:09 AM
A great fat spider. And I'm a terrible arachnophobe. I had my then hip length hair down and I was folding laundry. It was hot, so I had the screen door open for the breeze. I kept feeling a little tickle near the back of my neck, and I thought it was just a hair tickling me. I reached back to smooth my hair and touched something wiggling around in my hair. So I screamed like a horror movie queen until my hubby came running in to rescue me from the eight-legged monster that was tangled up in my hair. I fainted when I saw the thing, too. Four stitches in my left eyebrow where I hit the washing machine. Horrible.

catasa
February 1st, 2016, 01:53 AM
Oh my, this thread is just hilarious! I mean, that so many people actually have had small animals stuck in hair :p though I realize it probably wasnīt fun at all at the time. I donīt have nearly so extreme experiences, I think the worst have been spider web, the classical round brush, and yes, another reference to the "There's Something About Mary" hair gel scene... that was not fun trying to get out (tip - donīt leave it there to dry if you have a choice...)

Islandgrrl, that is a horrible story! I havenīt actually had a spider in my hair, but I did have one in my ear once... it was small, and I quickly got it out (I still donīt know quite how), but it was still not fun!

languagenut
February 1st, 2016, 11:07 AM
My little sister got a battery-powered toy car stuck in her hair, and it had to be cut out.

As for my experience, these are the most notable that come to mind:

The grossest: I know it's been said many times, but when I got a fly tape stuck to my head. A fly tape covered with flies. Some of which were still buzzing. Eeewww! :shudder: Thank God for lemon oil! If you get a fly tape stuck to your head, and don't have any lemon oil, I'd recommend trying Goo Gone or Un-Du, but lemon oil is by far the most potent destickier I know!

The most unusual: I was looking out my bedroom window, and the sill was adorned with a half dozen little cacti (each less than 2 in. tall; my mom gave them to me because they were low-maintenance so I couldn't kill them. I proved to be deadlier than she thought). So, anyhow, I, like, flipped my hair or something, and suddenly I feel the weight of something in my hair. I look down, and it's a fishhook cactus! Thankfully it wasn't terribly embedded, but it still took a bit to get it out.

The scariest: One day I was vacuuming, and my hair was down because that is usual for me. There was a bit of something on the floor that wasn't getting sucked up, so I reached down to grab it. Next thing I knew, there was a pull on my hair, and my head was being pulled down toward the vacuum cleaner! I was terrified! Images flashed through my head, of me unable to escape from the evil Kirby, as my hair gets torn from my scalp... Through my panic, my mind cleared just enough for me to hit the power button. Then, with a trembling hand, I tugged on the trapped hair, several inches of which were caught in the machine. Oh my relief, when the roller turned, and my hair began to unwind! And the even greater relief, when finally the end was free! I had to finish the floor, so I stood up, thus getting my hair safely out of reach of the Whirling Roller of Doom, turned the vacuum cleaner back on, and completed the job. But it was hours before the weakness and all-over shaking went away!

Pardon my verbose narratives; that's just how I roll!

Asha
February 1st, 2016, 11:16 AM
My little sister got a battery-powered toy car stuck in her hair, and it had to be cut out.

As for my experience, these are the most notable that come to mind:

The grossest: I know it's been said many times, but when I got a fly tape stuck to my head. A fly tape covered with flies. Some of which were still buzzing. Eeewww! :shudder: Thank God for lemon oil! If you get a fly tape stuck to your head, and don't have any lemon oil, I'd recommend trying Goo Gone or Un-Du, but lemon oil is by far the most potent destickier I know!

The most unusual: I was looking out my bedroom window, and the sill was adorned with a half dozen little cacti (each less than 2 in. tall; my mom gave them to me because they were low-maintenance so I couldn't kill them. I proved to be deadlier than she thought). So, anyhow, I, like, flipped my hair or something, and suddenly I feel the weight of something in my hair. I look down, and it's a fishhook cactus! Thankfully it wasn't terribly embedded, but it still took a bit to get it out.

The scariest: One day I was vacuuming, and my hair was down because that is usual for me. There was a bit of something on the floor that wasn't getting sucked up, so I reached down to grab it. Next thing I knew, there was a pull on my hair, and my head was being pulled down toward the vacuum cleaner! I was terrified! Images flashed through my head, of me unable to escape from the evil Kirby, as my hair gets torn from my scalp... Through my panic, my mind cleared just enough for me to hit the power button. Then, with a trembling hand, I tugged on the trapped hair, several inches of which were caught in the machine. Oh my relief, when the roller turned, and my hair began to unwind! And the even greater relief, when finally the end was free! I had to finish the floor, so I stood up, thus getting my hair safely out of reach of the Whirling Roller of Doom, turned the vacuum cleaner back on, and completed the job. But it was hours before the weakness and all-over shaking went away!

Pardon my verbose narratives; that's just how I roll!

I loved your verbose stories, as well as your use of the word verbose! The vacuum I could definitely see happening.

Asha
February 1st, 2016, 11:36 AM
So this last November. My husband finally gets the wood stove going outside. It heats these water lines and the warm water then circulates. A fan then blows warm air around our house. It's been an economical investment considering we spent thousands our first winter heating our new house. Anywho moving on. This is the second winter we've had this stove. Last year my hair was shorter and the days were colder faster so a hat was employed at all times when I left the house. Hub calls says he'll be home late and asks for the first time this year for me to check the stove to make sure it's still full and burning product correctly. Check it, it's full, great. Open burn door on side, roaring flame towards the back where it's supposed to be. Ooooo toasty. Hmm ashes are getting high better scoop those then call Hubs back and tell him how awesome I am. Scoop one. Toasty toasty. Scoop two. Hmm what's that smell? Is my jacket melting? I'm not even really that close. Going in for scoop three, throwing my hair back. "Oh my god it was my hair!!!!!" I feel this matted, crumbly, dried out chunk in the front. Ended up cutting off 2 inches of curled up shriveled hair (so it was probably more like 4) off the left side of my head.