PDA

View Full Version : 2 in 1 shampoos and conditioners

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or in the "Conventional Products & Hair Accessories" section. This is just really a generalized question, and I apologize if it's been asked before. :o

It may just be with me only, but does anyone else noticed a difference when you use a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, as opposed to using the individual bottles?

Example: When I use a 2 in 1, It seems that it effects my hair differently. I get more tangles, and unusual texture feeling.
When I use the individual bottles, I noticed a big difference, no hard to comb out tangles, and it feels somewhat better. . . :confused:

Is the 2 in 1 solutions not as potent as buying each bottle separately? :shrug:
Does anyone else get the same reaction?

Thanks To All,
Peace Out

Beldaran
August 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I don't personally know anyone with long hair who uses a 2 in 1. There's just not a lot of conditioner in there, and I need conditioner after the shampoo, not mixed with it. Also I find the shampoo in those to be too harsh. I've always thought of them as a way for short haired shampoo only types to get a bit of conditioner without buying a whole bottle, I've never thought of them as something that long haired people use.

The only people I know who use 2 in 1 stuff are my mom, dad and husband, and all of them have short hair, my mom's hair is possibly 4" long max.

KarpatiiSiv
August 19th, 2009, 04:53 PM
My DH uses a 2 in 1 because he can't be bothered to use conventional conditioner even though I tell him he should especially as his hair is getting longer.:shrug: At least using a 2 in 1 he does get some conditioning. IMO the 2 in 1 products just don't work for longer hair - insufficient conditioner equals tangles. I have used a 2 in 1 once or twice but definitely didn't like the way it made my hair feel.:eek:

Fiferstone
August 19th, 2009, 04:54 PM
My husband tried a Garnier 2 in 1 and it might just as well have been straight shampoo for all the conditioning he got. I think that the surfacants in the shampoo are going to limit the effectiveness of whatever they've added as the conditioner, and conversely, the conditioner ingredients are going to limit the effectiveness of the surfacant. I think it's the worst of both worlds. If I had to go back to conventional stuff, I'd go separate products, that way you can find whichever brand works best for you in each category and no, the products do not have to be from the same line in order work well together.

Fractalsofhair
August 19th, 2009, 04:55 PM
They are just moisturizing shampoos, and slightly better than a regular one in that respect. However, they shouldn't replace a conditioner if you need one.(For instance, I use a moisturizing shampoo bar. I still use conditioner after if I need it!)

Syaoransbear
August 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I don't really understand 2 in 1s. It seems like the shampoo would just wash out all of the conditioner.

squiggyflop
August 19th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I don't personally know anyone with long hair who uses a 2 in 1. . .
well you sort of know me.. though my hair is only just past hip.. not really that long by TLHC standards..
i find that 2in1's are great for use as regular shampoo but i follow it with conditioner..
see regular shampoo just isnt moisurizing enough for me.. so i use a 2in1 and follow it with a conditioner on most wash days but i do clarify every now and then..

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I often cycle through Garnier Fructis (Length and Strength, Moisture, Body and Volume) but they don't seem to work as good when I buy the 2 in 1 version. I'm currently using Pantene Pro-V "Full and Thick" 2 in 1 bottle. Which I noticed did not work as good as the individual bottles. However as some of you previously stated, it worked just fine for shorter hair!

Should I start using a 2 in 1 as a main shampoo and then buy a better conditioner to re-enforce the 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner effect? For example (the 2 in 1 Pro-V (Full/Thick) that I previously mentioned, and then perhaps a Garnier Fructis Moisture conditioner, because sometimes I get dry scalp :o )

Thanks for your suggestions!!

halo_tightens
August 19th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I've used them before, but I've always used them simply as shampoo and then used regular conditioner afterward.

pradabacon
August 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I agree with those who have said that the shampoo in the product decreases the effectiveness of the conditioner, and vice versa. It does seem like the cleansing agents in the shampoo would wash away most of the goodies in the conditioner, and that the ingredients in the conditioner would just provide extra stuff that the shampoo is intended to wash away. That's got to be the reason 2-in-1s don't work for longer hair.

That said, I used to love Pert Plus (the smell and the way it made my hair feel), but I always followed it with a separate conditioner. If you have long hair, you can use a 2-in-1 as a shampoo (if you just like the formula or something), but you will need regular conditioner too.

Longlocks3
August 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I often cycle through Garnier Fructis (Length and Strength, Moisture, Body and Volume) but they don't seem to work as good when I buy the 2 in 1 version. I'm currently using Pantene Pro-V "Full and Thick" 2 in 1 bottle. Which I noticed did not work as good as the individual bottles. However as some of you previously stated, it worked just fine for shorter hair!

Should I start using a 2 in 1 as a main shampoo and then buy a better conditioner to re-enforce the 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner effect? For example (the 2 in 1 Pro-V (Full/Thick) that I previously mentioned, and then perhaps a Garnier Fructis Moisture conditioner, because sometimes I get dry scalp :o )

Thanks for your suggestions!!

DBF uses 2 in 1 and I really don't think very highly of the stuff. He keeps his hair short but I still don't see why he should be abusing his hair! :p

Let me bring you over to the dark side.......Have you tried CO? I had scalp issues(including dry scalp) and CO really helped me. I do sometimes use shampoo but very limited.

Pre-LHC I used Pantene Full n Thick also. Shampoo and Conditioner in separate bottles. No way I'd go back to it now, either in one bottle form or two.

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Conditioner Only? What if I'm constantly outdoors, doing yard work, exploring in the woods. . . etc. Wouldn't I still need to shampoo? :confused: To get all of the bugs, goat crap(lol j/k), poison ivy, and black widows out of my hair?

Heavenly Locks
August 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM
You'd be surprised! CO is just as effective (for me) when done right, as shampooing. I haven't used shampoo since march. :D It really does get all the dirt, sweat, engine grease and spiders out!

Longlocks3
August 19th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Conditioner Only? What if I'm constantly outdoors, doing yard work, exploring in the woods. . . etc. Wouldn't I still need to shampoo? :confused: To get all of the bugs, goat crap(lol j/k), poison ivy, and black widows out of my hair?

I CO even after I do a hard run. It does get out bugs. I don't know about goat crap, and I will not test out poison ivy!:p

Conditioner does have some of the same 'cleaning' properties as shampoo. It is just milder and it does take some getting used to. When I started here at LHC, I switched to it. What I personally do is, wet my hair. Load on conditioner, I mean ends and scalp. LOADS! Of course, I have 40 inches of hair so adjust according to length. I scrub my scalp with fingertips or a cheapie scalp massage like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Swissco-Deluxe-Massage-Shampoo-Brush/dp/B000HLEXT6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1250734764&sr=1-9

Sometimes I let it sit for a couple minutes while I do other assorted shower related activities. Sometimes I only let it sit for two second and wash it out.

This is just my routinue though. There are lots of variations. Also some people do cone COs and some people do cone free COs. I do cone free for me.

I like it because:

1. its cheap, VO5 and Sauve CO is never more than $1 per bottle
2. its simple, apply and rinse, one step
3. it feels easier on my hair, doesn't dry it
4. I wash everyday, so I hope this is the least damaging way to do that

I'll stop now before I recite the entire CO thread. PM me if you want more info. I know that huge CO thread is daunting to go thru.

Charlotte
August 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Mmm....maybe it would be ok for the scalp area (kind of like a dilute shampoo/conditioner only method combined)??? I don't think 2in1's would contain enough conditioning agents in it for the length involved in long hair though... :confused: :)

rogue_psyche
August 19th, 2009, 08:50 PM

Many conditioners have ingredients that work as surfactants--they work to clean the hair as they condition. In fact, in VO5's Strawberry conditioner, the third and fourth highest ingredients are surfactant, with at least one more further down the list.

I still use shampoo though, but only twice a week, now that I've gotten the hang of CO washes.

The Article on Conditioner Only Washing (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=18)

pradabacon
August 19th, 2009, 09:23 PM

I mostly CO (I use a diluted shampoo about once a week). I don't encounter much :poop: that I know of, but it does work for sweat, grass, mud, ticks, chiggers, poison ivy, swamp water, and black widows. For Brown Recluses and anything more than one Copperhead, you do need shampoo.

:D

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 09:46 PM
You'd be surprised! CO is just as effective (for me) when done right, as shampooing. I haven't used shampoo since march. :D It really does get all the dirt, sweat, engine grease and spiders out!

I'll take your word for it on the engine grease :p

I CO even after I do a hard run. It does get out bugs. I don't know about goat crap, and I will not test out poison ivy!:p

Conditioner does have some of the same 'cleaning' properties as shampoo. It is just milder and it does take some getting used to. When I started here at LHC, I switched to it. What I personally do is, wet my hair. Load on conditioner, I mean ends and scalp. LOADS! Of course, I have 40 inches of hair so adjust according to length. I scrub my scalp with fingertips or a cheapie scalp massage like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Swissco-Deluxe-Massage-Shampoo-Brush/dp/B000HLEXT6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1250734764&sr=1-9

Sometimes I let it sit for a couple minutes while I do other assorted shower related activities. Sometimes I only let it sit for two second and wash it out.

This is just my routinue though. There are lots of variations. Also some people do cone COs and some people do cone free COs. I do cone free for me.

I like it because:

1. its cheap, VO5 and Sauve CO is never more than $1 per bottle
2. its simple, apply and rinse, one step
3. it feels easier on my hair, doesn't dry it
4. I wash everyday, so I hope this is the least damaging way to do that

I'll stop now before I recite the entire CO thread. PM me if you want more info. I know that huge CO thread is daunting to go thru.

^Thanks soo much I've gotta check that out!

I mostly CO (I use a diluted shampoo about once a week). I don't encounter much :poop: that I know of, but it does work for sweat, grass, mud, ticks, chiggers, poison ivy, swamp water, and black widows. For Brown Recluses and anything more than one Copperhead, you do need shampoo.

:D

Well not only will I need something for the copperheads, but also the Diamond Back Rattlers, Bobcats, Lynx, Coyotes, Wolves, Bears. . . Oh and Bigfoot! :D haha

Heavenly Locks
August 19th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Well not only will I need something for the copperheads, but also the Diamond Back Rattlers, Bobcats, Lynx, Coyotes, Wolves, Bears. . . Oh and Bigfoot! :D haha

Oh sheesh, I don't think ANYthing can get out a Bigfoot!! If you get that in your hair, you may as well resign from LHC :p LOL!

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 09:49 PM
^ LOL or I could just wait and get them all in there, and then just french braid them all together! Now if that wouldn't protect your hair, then nothing would!:taz: haha

Heavenly Locks
August 19th, 2009, 09:50 PM
bwahahaha!! :rolling:

Lilli
August 19th, 2009, 09:51 PM
As a child I only used 2-in-1 (esp Pert Plus) because my hair was so fine and so straight and so virgin that it was all I needed.

IStand4u
August 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM
In my experience if you are going to be using a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner then you gotta also use conditioner after :)
So either use separate shampoo and conditioner or use conditioner after always! Especially if you have long hair! Or curly hair!

pradabacon
August 19th, 2009, 10:25 PM
As a child I only used 2-in-1 (esp Pert Plus) because my hair was so fine and so straight and so virgin that it was all I needed.

Ha! See? Pert Plus is goooood! You just gotta condition, too. Dang, now I want to go out and get some Pert Plus. It smells so clean! Unlike Bigfoot...

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 10:32 PM
^ In all honesty, I care nothing about the fragrance, of anything because my sense of smell is somewhat impaired! I've had allergies ever since I was a child, and I could never smell much of anything. . . except when somebody cracks off a big juicy :poot:!
Then I just can't breathe :o

So It doesn't matter what the shampoo and conditioners smell like! haha :)

pradabacon
August 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
^^^ http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/lol.gif

Well, it matters to all those ladies you go around complimenting with wild abandon all the time! :eyebrows:

pradabacon
August 19th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Why am I suddenly glad there's no such thing as Big Juicy shampoo? I bet there are lots of guys out there who would use it. :p

yellowchariot
August 19th, 2009, 11:22 PM
^^^ http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/lol.gif

Well, it matters to all those ladies you go around complimenting with wild abandon all the time! :eyebrows:

not funny . . . :patrol:
LOL j/k :laugh:

willowcandra
August 20th, 2009, 01:37 AM
My children have a two in one. But they have typical children's hair. Ie soft and shiny. It seems to me just to be a very moisturising shampoo. I have considered using it myself. But I would definately use conditioner.

When I was at college hairdressing in 97 we were taught that they don't work as conditioners because shampooing opens follicles and conditioner closes and you can't do both at the same time. I don't know how accurate that is though. I am sure they used to make things up as they went along.

Amraann
August 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
My mother was a hairdresser, and as a child with knee length hair, long before 2 in1's were popular I decided to be clever and mix my shampoo and conditioner.
(I was 8 I figured I could shave some time off the bath in a cold New England winter)

My mother basically said what Willowcandra said above.
When 2 in 1's became popular I just assumed it was a good marketing ploy but not so good for someones hair unless they trim it every 6 weeks and conditioning was not high on their list.

yellowchariot
August 20th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Why am I suddenly glad there's no such thing as Big Juicy shampoo? I bet there are lots of guys out there who would use it. :p

^ Ohh you know that if I see a shampoo / conditioner that said "Big Juicy" on the label I'd have to buy it! :happydance:

My children have a two in one. But they have typical children's hair. Ie soft and shiny. It seems to me just to be a very moisturising shampoo. I have considered using it myself. But I would definately use conditioner.

When I was at college hairdressing in 97 we were taught that they don't work as conditioners because shampooing opens follicles and conditioner closes and you can't do both at the same time. I don't know how accurate that is though. I am sure they used to make things up as they went along.

^ That's very interesting to hear. . . So should a period of time be given between each? for example shampoo in the morning and condition at night?

Beldaran
August 20th, 2009, 03:54 PM
well you sort of know me.. though my hair is only just past hip.. not really that long by TLHC standards..
i find that 2in1's are great for use as regular shampoo but i follow it with conditioner..
see regular shampoo just isnt moisurizing enough for me.. so i use a 2in1 and follow it with a conditioner on most wash days but i do clarify every now and then..I guess I meant I don't personally know anyone in real life, but even on here I don't think anyone only uses a 2-in-1, which is what I meant. Yellowchariot ask asking about the difference between a 2-in-1 vs. separate bottles, so if you're using conditioner afterwards, that's separate bottles essentially.

^ That's very interesting to hear. . . So should a period of time be given between each? for example shampoo in the morning and condition at night?I just think she meant "at the same time" as in "when they're both on your head". As far as if it's true or not, if two chemical reactions are opposites of each other, and you mix the two reactions together, one reaction will over power the other (or nothing will happen I suppose, depending on the chemicals). So you'd need to shampoo, wash the shampoo off to stop the chemical reaction and then apply conditioner.

Think of it like trying to wash and wax your car in one step by adding soap to your car wax. Wouldn't work very well. (I know they make car wash soap that's supposed to "wax" but I'm talking real wax, like in Karate Kid)

amyapple329
August 20th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I use a 2 in 1 as a shampoo then I follow with a conditioner. I found it makes the shampoo less harsh. I could never just use it alone as it does not provide enough conditioning and that makes my hair end up in massive tangles. Used as a replacement for shampoo works great for me. I know short hair people that love it though.

pradabacon
August 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM
...but I'm talking real wax, like in Karate Kid

:D Ahhhh...wax on...wax off. Now I feel all Zen. :cloud9:

pradabacon
August 20th, 2009, 06:03 PM
^ Ohh you know that if I see a shampoo / conditioner that said "Big Juicy" on the label I'd have to buy it! :happydance:

Of course you would, you nasty thing! :D You men are all alike! :p

Just kidding, mens...don't get mad at me! *puts on puppy dog eyes*

GlassEyes
August 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM
You know, I HAVE wondered how those would work out if used as just a shampoo with conditioner afterward. By themselves they'd destroy my hair, but I used to use them when my hair was short. I think I knew they were bad for it even before LHC though. XDDD

pradabacon
August 20th, 2009, 07:16 PM
^^^I actually cheated on my CO/no cones last night and went and dug up an old bottle of Pert Plus. ;)

I'm a little extra frizzy today since I didn't use a coney conditioner with it, but it's still pretty okay and it smells as good as I remember. :) I used to love it when I followed it with cones. The Pert Plus has cones in it, but not enough! Oh no! Not nearly enough! :laugh:

P.S. I blame you for my frizz, yellowchariot. :p

ScrimHazard
August 20th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I only use 2in1's...have for the last year and I would not go back to seperate bottles unless my hair changed. I have super fine, almost baby fine hair and always wondered why my hair was so limp...I was over-conditioning! Who knew. :) I don't get very many tangles and it dries faster.

yellowchariot
August 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I guess I meant I don't personally know anyone in real life, but even on here I don't think anyone only uses a 2-in-1, which is what I meant. Yellowchariot ask asking about the difference between a 2-in-1 vs. separate bottles, so if you're using conditioner afterwards, that's separate bottles essentially.

I just think she meant "at the same time" as in "when they're both on your head". As far as if it's true or not, if two chemical reactions are opposites of each other, and you mix the two reactions together, one reaction will over power the other (or nothing will happen I suppose, depending on the chemicals). So you'd need to shampoo, wash the shampoo off to stop the chemical reaction and then apply conditioner.

Think of it like trying to wash and wax your car in one step by adding soap to your car wax. Wouldn't work very well. (I know they make car wash soap that's supposed to "wax" but I'm talking real wax, like in Karate Kid)

^ Thank you for the car wax metaphor! I totally understood that (guy translation for hair talk LOL) :thumbsup:

I only use 2in1's...have for the last year and I would not go back to seperate bottles unless my hair changed. I have super fine, almost baby fine hair and always wondered why my hair was so limp...I was over-conditioning! Who knew. :) I don't get very many tangles and it dries faster.

^ My hair gets fine textured when it's greasy! and you can see my scalp :o! When I shampoo condition and dry it, then it looks fuller back to more of a medium type, and a lot of it depends on how my hair lays (usually parted in the middle when I brush it straight back) :shrug:

Of course you would, you nasty thing! :D You men are all alike! :p

Just kidding, mens...don't get mad at me! *puts on puppy dog eyes*

oh hush! YOU women are all alike!:rant: *runs off to cry :run: :boohoo:* LOL

pradabacon
August 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
oh hush! YOU women are all alike!:rant: *runs off to cry :run: :boohoo:* LOL

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/hootalicious/hahaha-024.gif

If I buy you some flowers will you stop crying? http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/6.gif

yellowchariot
August 20th, 2009, 11:19 PM
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/hootalicious/hahaha-024.gif

If I buy you some flowers will you stop crying? http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/6.gif

. . . MAYbbbbeeeee. . . :disgust:

twilight_faerie
August 20th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I always figured 2-in-1 was more for short-haired people. I've always found that it just doesn't condition my hair enough, and leaves it ridiculously tangled. Back when I lived with my parents, if we were out of shampoo but had 2-in-1 lying around, I'd use it but always used conditioner afterward, and my hair was all right.

Snowflakey
August 21st, 2009, 12:13 AM
I use a 2-in-1 as a shampoo, and then condition with a regular conditioner after. Simply using the 2-in-1 only doesn't really condition my hair enough.

willowcandra
August 21st, 2009, 02:03 AM
^

^ That's very interesting to hear. . . So should a period of time be given between each? for example shampoo in the morning and condition at night?

No. Hot water opens cuticles and cold closes them. Its fine to do one after the other. You just can't do it simultaneously.

SimplyViki
August 21st, 2009, 06:56 AM
Well, this is sort of on-topic - Pert Plus just came out with a Pert Plus for Men. It's shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in one. :p And if you get the Sunday paper and have a Publix near you, there was recently a Publix (supermarket) back-to-school savings flyer (it's still in the stores, it's dark green) that has a dollar off coupon for one of those. And the Sunday paper had a manufacturer's dollar off coupon for the same thing. So you can try it for under a dollar! :eyebrows:

I went scouting around town to find the only Publix that carried it, and bought two for my fiance. The less steps he has to worry about in the shower, the happier he is, LOL.

ETA: If you're hunting around for that coupon, it was in the August 2 Smart Source.

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 08:39 AM
^^^ I almost always use shampoo as my body wash anyway. :thumbsup: I figure it's pretty much the same thing in most cases. There are some fancy-pants body washes with extra goodies in them, I guess, but regular body wash and shampoo seem to have similar ingredients in similar amounts.

I also use conditioner as a sort of shave lotion. Works like a charm! /hijack

SimplyViki
August 21st, 2009, 08:42 AM
hootietoot - You're probably right about it being pretty much the same thing. I've caught myself mentally contradicting myself sometimes - I'll think idly in the shower one day, "hmm, maybe I'll wash my hair with my body wash today. Nah, probably too harsh!" And then another day, it'll be "Hmm, maybe I'll skip body wash today and use shampoo. Nah, probably too harsh!"

:p

yellowchariot
August 21st, 2009, 08:57 AM
^^^ I almost always use shampoo as my body wash anyway. :thumbsup: I figure it's pretty much the same thing in most cases. There are some fancy-pants body washes with extra goodies in them, I guess, but regular body wash and shampoo seem to have similar ingredients in similar amounts.

I also use conditioner as a sort of shave lotion. Works like a charm! /hijack

hootietoot - You're probably right about it being pretty much the same thing. I've caught myself mentally contradicting myself sometimes - I'll think idly in the shower one day, "hmm, maybe I'll wash my hair with my body wash today. Nah, probably too harsh!" And then another day, it'll be "Hmm, maybe I'll skip body wash today and use shampoo. Nah, probably too harsh!"

Nobody Hijacks my threads! :draw: lol j/k
So a body wash is pretty much the same?? :confused:

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
. . . MAYbbbbeeeee. . . :disgust:

Candy? http://bestsmileys.com/kissing2/5.gif

Balloons? http://bestsmileys.com/ballons/2.gif

Cheese? :cheese:

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Tongue/mockery-017.gif

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 09:02 AM
Nobody Hijacks my threads! :draw: lol j/k
So a body wash is pretty much the same?? :confused:

I think it is. :shrug: Maybe I'm wrong, but it works for me. :)

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM

LOL http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/hootalicious/lol-1.gif

SimplyViki
August 21st, 2009, 09:05 AM
They both make bubbles, don't they? :D :p :silly:

I have no idea, really, but the ingredients lists are usually pretty similar. Also I've been meaning to buy this stuff that you can dilute and add scents to, and you use it for body wash, shampoo, or bubble bath. I can't find the website, though, LOL sorry.

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
^^^ I think they have something like that at Bath Junkie. I haven't been in there in a long time, though. I wonder if they can mix me up a whole bunch of stuff that smells like Pert Plus?! http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/hootalicious/nuts.gif

Whoops! http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley_hijack.gif

Sorry, mister! Please don't shoot! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

yellowchariot
August 21st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Ok I won't shoot! but you better watch it missy! :patrol:lol

I used AXE shower gel, so what you all are saying is that is almost the same thing? eh? :confused:

SimplyViki
August 21st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Well.... Compare ingredients lists! :D But just a note - Axe is probably very heavily fragranced. But then, so are plenty of shampoos... :hmm:

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Ok I won't shoot! but you better watch it missy! :patrol:lol

I used AXE shower gel, so what you all are saying is that is almost the same thing? eh? :confused:

Aye, aye, SIR!!! http://bestsmileys.com/army/13.gif

And I agree with Viki on the Axe...there actually might be a little too much of something in their body wash (that would count as a 'fancypants' type to me), so check the ingredients, but I think some of those types of guy body wash lines are coming out with the body wash/shampoo/conditioner combo thingies Viki mentioned earlier.

My stepson uses one of those...I can't remember which brand offhand (I just recognize the bottle and grab it off the shelf without paying attention). You might have a look. Or just try the Axe stuff in your hair as an experiment and see what happens. That's what Hootie would do. :D

yellowchariot
August 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Aye, aye, SIR!!! http://bestsmileys.com/army/13.gif

And I agree with Viki on the Axe...there actually might be a little too much of something in their body wash (that would count as a 'fancypants' type to me), so check the ingredients, but I think some of those types of guy body wash lines are coming out with the body wash/shampoo/conditioner combo thingies Viki mentioned earlier.

My stepson uses one of those...I can't remember which brand offhand (I just recognize the bottle and grab it off the shelf without paying attention). You might have a look. Or just try the Axe stuff in your hair as an experiment and see what happens. That's what Hootie would do. :D

oh ok! I gotcha,

*then hijacks my own thread :guns:*

hootietoot, where do you get those emicons?? they're not in the "smilies lists"! :confused:

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 04:35 PM
oh ok! I gotcha,

*then hijacks my own thread :guns:*

hootietoot, where do you get those emicons?? they're not in the "smilies lists"! :confused:

All over the place, I go to different free smiley sites and pick certain ones I like to use a lot and put them in my Photobucket account.

And then if I want a specific kind, I'll just Google something like 'military smiley' or 'candy smiley' and see if anything comes up.

Here are some good sites:

http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/
http://www.freesmileys.org/

Have fun! I loves me some smilies!!!

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu287/hootalicious/984.gif<------KarpatiiSiv gave me that one. She likes smilies, too! :D

pradabacon
August 21st, 2009, 04:42 PM
Since you can hijack your own thread, I've decided to hold myself hostage...

GIVE ME ALL MY MONEY!!! http://bestsmileys.com/money/7.gif

Me--->http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent067.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/scared/6.gif<---Me

yellowchariot
August 21st, 2009, 04:58 PM
LOL your too funny! :tongue::crazyq::laugh:

JCFantasy23
September 30th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or in the "Conventional Products & Hair Accessories" section. This is just really a generalized question, and I apologize if it's been asked before. :o

It may just be with me only, but does anyone else noticed a difference when you use a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, as opposed to using the individual bottles?

Example: When I use a 2 in 1, It seems that it effects my hair differently. I get more tangles, and unusual texture feeling.
When I use the individual bottles, I noticed a big difference, no hard to comb out tangles, and it feels somewhat better. . . :confused:

Is the 2 in 1 solutions not as potent as buying each bottle separately? :shrug:
Does anyone else get the same reaction?

Thanks To All,
Peace Out

My brother uses Head and Shoulders, w/shampoo and conditioner combined. My hair FREAKS with that stuff. Just ONE use and its all nasty, seems like for weeks if it's not clarified lol.

Yayasmurf
September 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Yellowchariot, I just bought a bottle of 2 in 1... Pantene Pro V Ice Shine. It left my hair with a strange feel also. I didn't like it. It felt as though only my scalp got a good conditioning. From about shoulders down felt totally left out.

I should stop watching commercials! I just couldn't resist when they talked about the shine. :p

Any one want a "Used only once bottle of Pantene - Ice Shine" :D

yellowchariot
September 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Yellowchariot, I just bought a bottle of 2 in 1... Pantene Pro V Ice Shine. It left my hair with a strange feel also. I didn't like it. It felt as though only my scalp got a good conditioning. From about shoulders down felt totally left out.

I should stop watching commercials! I just couldn't resist when they talked about the shine. :p

Any one want a "Used only once bottle of Pantene - Ice Shine" :D

^ How much'cha won't fur'it? :toofers: I'll give'ehya half'o'watcha paid fur'it! :knuckle:

Liave Ekeli
October 1st, 2009, 08:38 AM
For some reason my hair hates the 2 in 1 stuff. I've tried a couple of different brands on different occasion because I've wanted it to work (everything that can make anything in my life more quick and easy would be good, you know?), but it never does. My hair just ends up getting greasy even faster than it normally does, so 2 in 1's are a no-go for me.

wavywords
October 1st, 2009, 08:53 AM
I went through a lazy period when I used a 2 in 1. I had super-short hair, and wanted to save as much time as possible. Big mistake! Not nearly enough conditioner for my dry hair. Also, I did a lot less scalp massage with it. I'd just work it in, leave it while I showered, and then rinsed out. Not a great routine, as I soon realized.

Now I usually just wash with conditioner, with a sulfate-free shampooing around once a week.

yellowchariot
October 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
As a brief update, I am using 1 bottle of Suave Volumizing 3X shampoo and 1 bottle of the same in conditioner. It doesn't contain any cones, which was one thing I began to read up on here at LHC.

I can in-fact see a difference in my hair. IMO it has improved, especially making it appear fuller on top. ;)

Lamb
October 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Just a brief update from me too. Well, it would seem the 2in1 I've been using since my haircut three weeks ago is not such a good choice after all. It is gentle, very conditioning, cone-free, does not dry my hair out and detangling is easy, but it builds up like heck. My hair has grown a good half inch I think since my cut, and I find I cannot go without conditioner any more...
So, that is the end of my venture into the realm of 2in1 products I'm afraid. Back to separate products.

yellowchariot
October 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Just a brief update from me too. Well, it would seem the 2in1 I've been using since my haircut three weeks ago is not such a good choice after all. It is gentle, very conditioning, cone-free, does not dry my hair out and detangling is easy, but it builds up like heck. My hair has grown a good half inch I think since my cut, and I find I cannot go without conditioner any more...
So, that is the end of my venture into the realm of 2in1 products I'm afraid. Back to separate products.

^ I agree with you Lamb. 2'n'1's are great for shorter hair, but not when you hair reaches a certain longer length! :silly: