PDA

View Full Version : I have a consultation/hair appointment tomorrow

Poetic
August 19th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I have a consultation and hair appointment set for tomorrow. The price is great, around $65. However, I am not sure how it will turn out.:rolleyes: I warned the stylist that I require a consultation. I also informed her that I am looking for someone who knows how to comb and detangle long, curly hair--that the stylist's ability to comb and detangle hair is far more important to me than the hairstyle itself. I have lost a great deal of length and suffered a lot of damage to my hair at the hands of stylists who cannot comb/detangle curly hair. :wail::mad

Wish me luck!:scared::pray: It is so hot I thought I would try braids.

spidermom
August 19th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Have you considered combing out/detangling yourself? I always do that when I see my stylist. I think she appreciates it.

Maddy25
August 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Fun!!! Good luck! Post photos once you have it done :)

Renbirde
August 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
*wishwish* *wishwish* :D

plainjanegirl
August 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
enjoy! and yes we need pics of afterwards.

Poetic
August 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone!:D I have detangled most of my hair. However, there are still a few tangles at the roots. I have an injured hand and arm, so that I cannot detangle as I should. But I will have my hair separated into about ten twist. I have already cleansed it, so hopefully, she can just use a good leave-in and finish detangling. :rolleyes: I want her to do only as much combing/manipulation as need be.

Oh, and I will try to post pictures.

spidermom
August 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hooray for pictures! I hope all goes well.

LittleOrca
August 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Goodluck :D

Fiferstone
August 19th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Best of luck to you, and if you find that the individual is an artiste who knows what's best for you, my advice is to run...in the opposite direction...screaming.

embee
August 19th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Good luck and keep a close eye on what they're doing to you.

camirra555
August 19th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Hope all goes well! Are you getting a trim by any chance? If so I wish you extra good luck! Can't wait to see pictures

adiapalic
August 19th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I can't wait for photos! Goodluck for your appointment, and I hope your hand and arm get well soon. :flower:

Poetic
August 20th, 2009, 09:18 AM
:DThanks everyone!:)

Best of luck to you, and if you find that the individual is an artiste who knows what's best for you, my advice is to run...in the opposite direction...screaming.

If I find that the stylist will not listen to me, I shall grab my things and run indeed . . . in the opposite direction and screaming.

Good luck and keep a close eye on what they're doing to you.

I have informed the stylist that my hair MUST be handled in a particular way (i.e. tools that must be used, techniques, etc.). She says this is not a problem. I shall see.

Hope all goes well! Are you getting a trim by any chance? If so I wish you extra good luck! Can't wait to see pictures

I am trimming my own hair. Fear of strangers with scissors.:scissors::scared:;)

I can't wait for photos! Goodluck for your appointment, and I hope your hand and arm get well soon. :flower:

Thanks.

Medievalmaniac
August 20th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Fiferstone/ Lady Marigold is a sage. Heed her counsel. And don't forget to post pics!! :)