PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Ideas and Buying Online

WelshLocks
August 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Hey LHC!
My birthday is coming up in a few months, and my parents have been pestering me about what I would like.:hmm:I've been growing my hair out for over 2 years now and my parents really see how dedicated I am.Therefore, they are much more willing now to buy me hair toys, and accessories for my birthday presents. I already have in mind a ficcare or two(maximas clips),but I don't really care for anything else on their site. Can everyone suggest some of their favorite hair toys and where they got them(online really would be useful).I'm not looking for plastic because my hair already broke 3 plastic hair sticks.:o

Also, my hair is at BSL+(in between BSL and Midback) I have layers if that makes a difference.I am planning on growing my hair to at least waist but will probably end up at hip. :rolleyes:
I really appreciate any responses. Honestly you people(the entirety of LHC) are some of the sweetest and most supportive people I know.Thank you.:heart:

Madame J
August 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
You should check out all the LHC users' Etsy sites. Nightshade's store "NightBlooming" is excellent, and much-talked-about on her thread, although I'm not posting the link because she's put her shop in vacation mode for now. Raven's Lair (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7279819)is another of my favorites, along with Grah-Toe Studios (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6471792), whom I really dig right now. There are a bunch of others, which you can find by searching "hair stick" or "hair fork." My next purchase will probably be from Grah-Toe or Raven's Lair.

Almeda
August 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM
A mason pearson brush ?
Rather expensive, for sure...

Teacherbear
August 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
WelschLocks, I've moved this thread for you. It probably fits here best . . . I think.

My favorite hairtoys are the Ficcare Maximas and Ficcarismos, Mei Fa hairsticks, and Blondie's Turn hairforks (but I don't think she makes them any more) :( I have a couple of other handmade hair sticks that I adore, but I don't know if either member actually sells their sticks.

My favorite tools are Denman brushes (pretty inexpensive) and Kent combs. I own a Mason Pearson Large Extra all BBB. It is very nice, but I wouldn't invest in one unless you LOVE how BBBs work for your hair.

WelshLocks
August 18th, 2009, 09:24 PM
WelschLocks, I've moved this thread for you. It probably fits here best . . . I think.

My favorite hairtoys are the Ficcare Maximas and Ficcarismos, Mei Fa hairsticks, and Blondie's Turn hairforks (but I don't think she makes them any more) :( I have a couple of other handmade hair sticks that I adore, but I don't know if either member actually sells their sticks.

My favorite tools are Denman brushes (pretty inexpensive) and Kent combs. I own a Mason Pearson Large Extra all BBB. It is very nice, but I wouldn't invest in one unless you LOVE how BBBs work for your hair.

That's what I figured as well.Thanks a lot,I really appreciate it!
I've never tried a BBB before but I may...someday.I'm going to go explore all the ideas you gave me. :) Thanks a ton!

twilight_faerie
August 18th, 2009, 09:44 PM
If you're into hair forks, I highly recommend 60th Street hair forks. Here's their website: http://www.60thstreet.net/. They're made of wood and very high quality.

adiapalic
August 18th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Definitely take a look at Ketylo's (http://www.ketylo.com/servlet/StoreFront) exotic wood hairsticks! :flower:

WelshLocks
August 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Definitely take a look at Ketylo's (http://www.ketylo.com/servlet/StoreFront) exotic wood hairsticks! :flower:
Thanks!

twilight_faerie
Thanks!

I'll definitely look at both of those.I'm really interested in hair sticks and hair forks because those are what I am lacking in the most.I know how to do several really cool braids and buns but lack the sticks and hair toys to do them properly.

WelshLocks
September 15th, 2009, 08:42 PM
My birthday is drawing closer(November), and I am bumping this thread in the hope that someone can add more ideas to it.

Thanks!

heatherdazy
September 15th, 2009, 09:02 PM
A mason pearson brush ?
This. Or a beautiful vanity set with an ornately decorated brush and hand mirror.

Or maybe curlformers, one of those little home-sized hood dryers for cond trtmnts, shears so you can S&D at home, satin pillowcases, microfiber towels, jaw clips, large pins, wide tooth combs, hairnets, a showerhead filter... I can't stop thinking of hair stuff! Hahaha. :cheese:

Merewen
September 15th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Do you have any hair scroos? I know I use mine constantly - they hide well for when you don't want things sticking out of your hair and they are really secure.

WelshLocks
September 16th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Do you have any hair scroos? I know I use mine constantly - they hide well for when you don't want things sticking out of your hair and they are really secure.

No,I've never even heard of them. :/
What are they and where can I get them?
I'd definitely like to look into those.