PDA

View Full Version : *self! stop touching your hair!!*

Aeon F.
August 18th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I can't help it!! LOL My hair is so freaking soft and shiny right now (yay for sally's generic biolage conditioning balm used in a molasses SMT!)- that I keep petting it and I'm dying to take out my bun and just play with my hair!!! But I can't do that for a couple of reasons- one, because I am at work, two- my bun with curls on top is actually really cute.. and if I take it out and try to put it back up again, I know I won't be able to replicate it exactly.. and that will bug me.

But still, I have this intense urge to let my hair down, run my hands through, and give myself a nice scalp massage too while I'm at it. Ha! I am not getting any work done right now. :bigtongue: LOL

I don't know if it's just the sally conditioning balm itself, or it used with a SMT... but I swear my hair's never felt this silky before- and it's been two days since the SMT!

:cheese: hair feels incredible, I'm wearing my very 1st graydog stick I swapped for today (a lovely deep indigo hardwood)- YAY for great hair days!! :disco:

Maddy25
August 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
hehehehe Im at work too. Naughty us.

missfortune9335
August 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
lol, glad you found something you like. I went cone free yesterday and I'm feeling the same way, my hair is so silky now! :) I put it up and am trying to ignore it...

LittleOrca
August 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I have this bad habit as well of touching my hair when it has dried after a wash. It's like a magnet and my hand can't stay away from it.

spidermom
August 18th, 2009, 10:35 AM
That's one of the reasons that I put my hair up most of the time; otherwise it distracts me.

Peregrine
August 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
:DWish I could help you, but l have the same problem myself.

nowxisxforever
August 18th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm a toucher (and at work) too.

I just bring it down at work when I want to play with it, and do an impromptu S&D. Yes, I keep my hair scissors in my purse! I do phone work, so it's not like anyone but my coworkers (who all know I'm crazy and have seen me do this before) will see.

Aeon F.
August 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM
hehehehe :laugh: I knew I couldn't possibly be the only one. It's just sooo temping! Ha!

RancheroTheBee
August 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM
The only thing that stops me is putting my hair up. Even then, I end up playing with my bangs. I try to groom my cat when I want to play with my hair, since we, uh, have similar hair types. :p

jivete
August 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I keep scissors on my desk too. My hair pretty much gets a daily S&D, which is good, because there is a fair amount of dye/heat damage on the ends. But I do have to put it up after a while or I'm over fiddling.

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
when my hair is down I can't keep myself from feeling it.. I didn't used to do this but now I can't help it.. I just think of it as showing it my affection :lol: I don't wear it down a lot so I figure the damage is minimal compared to what I used to do and I do give it lots of love through out the week.. so it doesn't usually object to my heavy petting.

*that wasn't meant as a punn.

merseaone
August 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I have baby fine hair that is extremely soft and I am always touching it. I have been a hair twirler since the day I was born: relieves stress I guess. Everyone always told me I'd go bold in that particular spot... I'm 53 and not bold yet! LOL

Jessikinz
August 18th, 2009, 01:08 PM
This is why I don't leave my hair down very often, because my hands always manage to be touching my hair and I don't even realise. Because it's soft and it smells so nice. Yay for updos :D

pixiedoo
August 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I am always fiddling with my hair. I can't leave it alone if it's down. I recently did my first henndigo as well so it's super soft and shiny at the moment which makes me want to fiddle even more!! Hence it's safely tucked up out of the way in a bun so my fiddling fingers can't get to it :D

little_acorn
August 18th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I'm the same - can't stop petting it when it's down!!! Sounds like we all love our hair very much!

rogue_psyche
August 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
This morning I did a deep condition with my K-pak knockoff followed with the usual biolage knockoff. My hair is so soft, smooth and shiny and I can't stop touching it!

The wind came up as I was on my porch petting my cat and so I put it in a low side pony so I could still see the shine out the corner of my eye and not have to reach back to touch it.

I swear I'm not usually this vain... :agree:

Fractalsofhair
August 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I'm now a compulsive scalp massage. Thank you LHC! XD

camirra555
August 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm a toucher too! Sometimes I'll taake my hair down just to touch it and look at it. Glad I'm not the only one