PDA

View Full Version : Needed - Advice on treatments for wet hair.

FallenAngel
August 18th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I''ve started to work out again, and that messes with my hair habits. I want to shower and CO-wash my hair after I've been working out, and then I usually go to bed.

Before I did SMTs and henna glosses when I wanted to do something nice for my hair, but I always put it in dry hair and then waited for a few hours before I took my shower and washed it out. When I henna I also put it in dry hair.

Is it the "same" to put it in wet and leave it over night for a second shover and rinse in the morning, or what? What happens?

I don't want to wash more often, I don't want to go to gym classes with SMT in my hair :cool: and I don't want to shower twice in one evening. And I DO want to treat my hair.

What would you do? Or what DO you do?

Help?

GlassEyes
August 18th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I do almost all my treatments on wet hair--that includes SMT, oilings, etc. etc. Soooo...whatever you've been doing, I'm sure you can get away with on wet hair. Works for me.

The only benefit I can really see to doing this stuff on dry hair is so that you can tell when every single strand is saturated or not, but since most of my DTs are conditioner based, I just comb them through when wet, and if my hair feels slick, I know it's covered.

FallenAngel
August 18th, 2009, 09:51 AM
How long do you leave it in? That's the major "problem" for me. :D

Roseate
August 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I do most treatments on damp hair, too- it's easier for me to distribute, and I think in the case of moisture treatments it's actually good to have water in the hair, for more moisturizing power.

I leave SMT's in 30min-an hour, and cassia treatments in 2-4 hours. After the gym is a common time for me to put them in- I just rinse myself lightly at the gym and wet my hair, then walk home and put in the gloop du jour, leave it in and take a real shower when it's ready to come out.

JamieRose
August 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I leave SMT's in 30min-an hour, and cassia treatments in 2-4 hours. After the gym is a common time for me to put them in- I just rinse myself lightly at the gym and wet my hair, then walk home and put in the gloop du jour, leave it in and take a real shower when it's ready to come out.

This is pretty much what I do, too. I'll come home from the gym with damp hair, put an SMT on, (and usually a face mask, so I just look all sorts of weird :p) and watch TV for an hour or so before I take a "real" shower.

aisling
August 18th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I generally do deep treatments as a post wash treatment. I've solved the problem by walking around for 30-60 minutes with my hair under a shower cap and then I only rinse my hair by bending forwards and flipping my hair over in the shower. This way I don't have to wet down all of me, just my head. Granted, I may get some more tangles this way but nothing serious, I just have to be careful when flipping my hair back and detangling with my fingers first. Ohh, and blot the excess water out of your hair before adding a deep treatment.

FallenAngel
August 18th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Thank you guys for replying. It's so HARD to change your habits, even when you don't really think you have any.

Seems like I won't be able to get around the two-step shower no matter what suggestion I follow. Either by taking a quick shower at the gym or by rinse only hair after it's been treated. But - a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. :)

Aisha25
August 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah this is one of the many reasons why I dont do DTs on wet hair, I dont want to be bothered and I dont think my hair would like 2 washings in the same day.