PDA

View Full Version : Hair color change?

Fractalsofhair
August 17th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Recently, I switched to shampoo bars from a local company. My hair seems to have gotten lighter, and more "golden"(In a good way, which surprises me!), and feels healthy. So... My question is, can a shampoo bar with nettle(A small amount, the herbalist who made it says she has "Very long hair"(it was up when I saw her), and she made it to cover her grays, and said it didn't work too well)(after using African Black Soap in liquid form and other tinted shampoos) lighten hair? The bar appears light to the appearance, but has darkened my leg hair when I didn't rinse it all off.(of all things! XD)... Is this lightening harmful?

Also, oddly enough, my hair doesn't seem to hate cones like it used to. If I use a coney serum occasionally to tame the frizz(applied outdoors to prevent the fragrance from bugging me), it seems to like it and be happy, rather as before, when I had damaged hair, my hair got very angry at me.

Other odd thing that may help you. Perhaps it's just because my hair is short and healthy now, but it grew a good inch all over(slightly more than the normal rate of .75-1inch per month), and hasn't had any breakage, but my curl is gone because I've been using a fine toothed comb(I know bad! But with short hair, it's very hard to detangle otherwise!)