PDA

View Full Version : Plopping and my part

Merewen
August 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Question for all you curlies who plop - I love plopping my hair; it pushes it pretty close to 3A.:crush: But when I do, my part turns out all weird and uneven. Fixing the part will hurt the curls but not fixing it means the top of my head looks weird. Does anyone else have this problem? Remedies? It's not usually a big problem as I tend to put my hair up, but it would be nice to be able to take it down from my overnight plop and have it be ready to go.

InTheCity
August 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I don't know if this would work but it may be worth a try - creating a very fine, thin, neat part when your hair is wet. Plop as normal.
Perhaps a razor-fine part will hold a bit.

Heidi_234
August 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I'm not plopping that much at all, but I don't think tiding your part should necessarily ruin the curls. Take a hairstick and run it on the scalp where the part should be, then divide the hairs accordingly, like hairdressers do. Don't finger-brush and tidy the roots or anything, let it dry as is, but with the part. Maybe that will help preserving the curls?

spidermom
August 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I'm not plopping that much at all, but I don't think tiding your part should necessarily ruin the curls. Take a hairstick and run it on the scalp where the part should be, then divide the hairs accordingly, like hairdressers do. Don't finger-brush and tidy the roots or anything, let it dry as is, but with the part. Maybe that will help preserving the curls?

This, plus maybe spin the hair that you move around a wet finger a few times to encourage the curl to re-form.

Merewen
August 17th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Thank you! I will give both those methods a shot.