PDA

View Full Version : My hair changes so fast

juliaxena
August 17th, 2009, 12:19 PM
My hair is so strange sometimes. I was able to use the same conditioner for a year, then used a few protein treatments and now I can't use it al all. Then I found another favourite one then use cassia and couldn't use that one either. No I use conditioner that is more on the moisture side and have beeen for long enough to remove protein overload but the old conditioners just don't work anymore. Is it possible that I have permanetly chanegd the structure of my hair? It doesn't look or feel different but it doesn't like old time favorites anymore. What is up?

Fractalsofhair
August 17th, 2009, 01:29 PM
It sounds like your hair just has too much protein in it, and the cassia could affect it. Give it a few months and it should be fine.

Madame J
August 17th, 2009, 01:35 PM
What is your hair care routine? Have you tried clarifying? Kirin has written an article about diagnosing what your hair's issue is. Her method involves clarifying thoroughly with a sulfate shampoo and then letting your hair dry without conditioning to see what it looks like. She gives examples of what protein-starved versus moisture-starved hair will look like.

If you have too much protein, you can find out with this, and do a protein-free moisture treatment to balance this (like an SMT with protein-free conditioner). If you just need to clarify, then this method will help, too.

juliaxena
August 17th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I don't think I still have protein buildup but thanks for your opinion anyway. SMT does not suit me, made my hair dryer actually. Only "industrial" humecants seem to be working for me. I clarifyed not once but at least five times since cassia. I don't know, I think my hair has simply changed forever.

Aditi
August 17th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Keep using your old favourite condish for few more times like a month or so and if it still doesn't work like before then i guess you will have to search for another favourite one.

juliaxena
August 17th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I can't stand using it, it leaves my hair a bit dry and I'm afraid it will start breaking. It's just not a good feeling putting it on.

Aditi
August 17th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Then how about using aloe gel as leave-in on your towel dried hair?

juliaxena
August 17th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I suppose I could try although I do remeber I used it once and it did absolutely nothing for my hair. Glued it together a bit I think, maybe because I have fine hair. I do wish my old conditioner would work because it's not pleasant to keep having to find products that will make my hair feel nice and soft. I wish I could use one product all the time. It's really strange all this.