PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trying cones again?

janeytilllie
August 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone :waving:

I have been using my Faith in Nature hemp meadow foam and aloe vera conditioners for a few months now. I love them :inlove: They make my hair super duper shiny and soft they are natural and have no cones but they are so expensive.:( My heath shop has raised the price to £6.00 each. I go through these so much. I’m spending £12.00 on conditioners roughly every 3 weeks.

So I have no choice but to find a cheaper alternative. I live in a small town so I don’t have a lot of shops.

I went to Morrison’s and bought their own brand apple conditioner which is cone free. I tried a few days ago it left my super greasy and lank. I later found out it had mineral oil in it.

So today I bought Timotei bamboo and Shea butter and Timotei avocado and apricot conditioners. They were only 4.61 for two huge 400 ml bottles. They smell lovely too. :D

My only concern is they have Dimethiconol listed as the third ingredient. Is this similar to Dimethicone? Is Dimethiconol drying to hair?

Has any tried Timotei conditioners before?

I feel very nervous trying cones again.:scared:

The last time I used cones it made my ends very dry I think I was using head and shoulders. My hair at that time was very damaged so maybe it wasn't the cones that made my ends dry? :shrug: but i'm hoping that this brand will be ok.

I really do hope these conditioners work :pray:

I will be using these tomorrow I will post up a review on here about how they went.

Also any advice on cones such as clarifying and how often this should be done and how? Could anyone recommend any threads on using cones?

I'm very sorry if these questions have been asked before :blossom:
Thank you everyone :flowers:

Konstifik
August 17th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Ooh, I'm very curious about all those questions too! I hope they'll be answered. Will watch this thread. :)

misstwist
August 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM
That ingredient is in this list.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

Fractalsofhair
August 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Well, trying cones again is often worth it. I just got back from a long vacation in NYC, and I had to use a coney serum once I ran out of conditioner(I apparently can tolerate fragrances if I'm applying them outdoors and keep my hair out of my face and it's not too strong!(And I thought I had severe allergies) At least in the case of the "Chi Silk Infusion" I used. :) ), and it plus some pomadey thing and a little bit of olive oil kept my hair from going too poofy! :) Worst case scenario, you have to do 2ish SLS washes and wasted a buck or two on a cheap coney conditioner. If you do use cones, I'd suggest clarifying once in a while and still doing oil treatments.

Elphie
August 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Timotei was my holy grail product till I could no longer get it. They never sold it in NY, I used to have a friend ship it from Cali. I LOVE that stuff. Really love it.

janeytilllie
August 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
That ingredient is in this list.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

Thank you so much for the link :flowers: It really provided alot of answers :)

janeytilllie
August 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Well, trying cones again is often worth it. I just got back from a long vacation in NYC, and I had to use a coney serum once I ran out of conditioner(I apparently can tolerate fragrances if I'm applying them outdoors and keep my hair out of my face and it's not too strong!(And I thought I had severe allergies) At least in the case of the "Chi Silk Infusion" I used. :) ), and it plus some pomadey thing and a little bit of olive oil kept my hair from going too poofy! :) Worst case scenario, you have to do 2ish SLS washes and wasted a buck or two on a cheap coney conditioner. If you do use cones, I'd suggest clarifying once in a while and still doing oil treatments.

Thank you for your comment and advice about the clarifying :flower:
I will try out the conditioners tomorrow and see how they go, if they go ok I will purchase a clarify shampoo. Thanks again :)

janeytilllie
August 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Timotei was my holy grail product till I could no longer get it. They never sold it in NY, I used to have a friend ship it from Cali. I LOVE that stuff. Really love it.

Thank you for your comment :D I'm very excited to try the conditioners :cheese:I do hope they work because they smell wonderful! :inlove:

Elphie
August 17th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I hope you do, I really do miss that product.