PDA

View Full Version : need hair help ASAP

redneckprincess
August 17th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be working on a movie set (sorry dont know if I can tell you the name of the movie just yet) as an extra. :D

question is....what do I do with my hair???

Im willing to straighten again. (for the 3rd time this month...ok in the past week) I have my red clip in extentions, I could curl with my curlformers. The only styles I can really do are pictured in my album. Besides like a half up braid or barrette or something basic.

Does my funky two-toned hair look to "unprofessional" to leave down? *BE HONIST* because honistly this is the way I am thinking about wearing my hair...

My length is pictured below (for those of you that dont "know" me) but it is very layered from virgin hair down.

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:Im so cheesy!! lol

spidermom
August 17th, 2009, 10:53 AM
If they didn't give you any tips, do what makes you feel good about your appearance. Have fun!

melrose1985
August 17th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Well I say why not! I mean what's the worst that could happen? they tell you to take the color clips out? I dont think they would anyways. I like the pictures you posted with the colored clips.

halo_tightens
August 17th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I agree with Spidermom-- if there's some particular way they want you to wear (or NOT wear) your hair, I'm sure they'll say so. If not, just do what makes you feel the best about your hair and yourself in general! :)

redneckprincess
August 17th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Well I say why not! I mean what's the worst that could happen? they tell you to take the color clips out? I dont think they would anyways. I like the pictures you posted with the colored clips.

very true!!! ...plus when I signed up with this casting agency..My hair was dyed (and somewhat faded) red (a small peice on each side of my fringe ) Plus that is one style that if they didnt like, it could be easly changed even without mirrors, combs or brushes.

redneckprincess
August 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I agree with Spidermom-- if there's some particular way they want you to wear (or NOT wear) your hair, I'm sure they'll say so. If not, just do what makes you feel the best about your hair and yourself in general! :)

Also very true!! Good point thank you!!

GermanCurl
August 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
If they wanted you to do something with your hair, I'm sure they would have to told you in advance.
I think even as an extra they might send you thru Make-up and Hair, depending on the movie of course.

Heidi_234
August 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM
If they didn't say anything, then I guess it's fine. I'd leave it down but I'm a sucker for two-toned hair. And if anything, the clip-ins will make it look more intentional. In any case, everything looks great on the big screen anyway. :p
Enjoy! You're our local LHC movie star now. :D

SHELIAANN1969
August 17th, 2009, 12:20 PM
No advice on the hair do, but girl, you got it going on, DJ'ing, *starring* in movies, wow! Way to go, it sounds like fun! :flower:

Danamarie
August 17th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I read somewhere else on this forum that people should enjoy their hair at all the phases it grows through and not just be waiting for it to be long before they enjoy it. As a newbie, that's what I'm trying to do. My hair is short and I'm learning how to care for it. As it gets healthier I'm liking it more.

LutraLutra
August 17th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Like other people said, just come as you are - if the film people don't like it, they'll stick a wig/hat on you. If they knew what you looked like when you were cast they won't be in for any surprises.

I'm guessing the film is set in the modern day - if it's supposed to be medieval germany then your hair might prove more of a problem... :D

Have fun and keep us posted as to how it goes.

Jemoiselle
August 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I used to work in film too as an extra, with small character parts, commercials and tv. I don't think I can offer any advice about hairstyling until we know what your character is supposed to be doing. Even extras have characters! Where are you in the setting, what are you doing etc? Are you a "lady lunching" or a "waitress", "commuter"? Get my drift hehe. If you don't have any character outline at all, I would just go with what the camera would enjoy the most to increase your chance of the crew noticing you. Wear it down!

Good luck, let us know when you know more!

redneckprincess
August 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I used to work in film too as an extra, with small character parts, commercials and tv. I don't think I can offer any advice about hairstyling until we know what your character is supposed to be doing. Even extras have characters! Where are you in the setting, what are you doing etc? Are you a "lady lunching" or a "waitress", "commuter"? Get my drift hehe. If you don't have any character outline at all, I would just go with what the camera would enjoy the most to increase your chance of the crew noticing you. Wear it down!

Good luck, let us know when you know more!

Thank you I will. I believe my "character" will be a guest attending a graduation party...but Im not completly sure I am still wating for complete conformation and details. Last I heard I was supposed to dress "cassual, but nice"

Fractalsofhair
August 17th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Congrats! Since you're an extra, your appearance likely won't matter all that much. I'd suggest leaving your hair down, unstraightened, and with the cool curls in it! If your character is supposed to dress nicely casual, perhaps a bun(from a scrunchie+folding over), would work the best.