PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype jury --> please help

Idun
August 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Hi everyone! I need some help deciding my hairtype.
I always thought I had very straight hair. Not as straight as my sister has, she also has a coarser hairtype, but non the less - no need to iron. There is a very slight wavyness to it that disappears when combed. And after hitting waist it seems my ends have a little "bend".

What do you think?
My hair is slightly damp and has not been combed after washing.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3451&pictureid=48049

Idun
August 17th, 2009, 06:39 AM
In this photo it looks a little wavier perhaps?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3451&pictureid=48050

Idun
August 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM
After combing. Streaks already forming at the ends :(.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3451&pictureid=48064

Calista
August 17th, 2009, 09:56 AM
The ends flip quite a bit, especially in the second picture, and I see some loose s-waves there (e.g. above your right hand). I´d say you´re a 1c.

Idun
August 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Really? Wow - thatīs almost wavy!! :happydance:

Iīm not quite sure if the "wannabe waves" are present because I put my hair up in a towel or not. It would take forever to drip dry, so for now this is what goes.

Most people has voted 1b or 1b/1c so I think I will carefully move myself up to a 1b/1c postion for now.

LutraLutra
August 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I vote 1b/1c

"1b - straight but with a slight body wave, just enough to add some volume, doesn't look wavy
1c - straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves (e.g. nape of neck or temples)"

Your hair looks great.

lilalong
August 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I voted 1c.

twilight_faerie
August 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I voted 1b. There's no way your hair is wavy enough to be 1c, IMO.

Fractalsofhair
August 17th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I'd actually say 1a/1c. It is pretty close to straight, and I call my hair 1b/1c. since it sometimes curls, and does have a bit of a wave to it. Your hair looks to be straight, but with a bit of volume and not flat ironed straight in appearance. I think of 1a as being what most "Asian" (sorry if this sounds awkward) people have for their natural hair type.

HairColoredHair
August 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
1b at most, in my opinion.

I find my hair can take up wave (albeit briefly) from being tucked over a shoulder, etc, while drying...

*squints* What do you mean streaks? I'm confused. :o

Idun
August 18th, 2009, 01:37 AM
1b at most, in my opinion.

I find my hair can take up wave (albeit briefly) from being tucked over a shoulder, etc, while drying...

*squints* What do you mean streaks? I'm confused. :o

Yes, my hair does that too.

Streaks: I donīt actually know the word ( I took a chance :)). I mean when the hairs cluster together in small sections and you get a "stripy" appearance, - in my case very shortly after having been combed. It may have something to do with static electrisity, because it seems to be worse during winter.

Idun
August 18th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I'd actually say 1a/1c. It is pretty close to straight, and I call my hair 1b/1c. since it sometimes curls, and does have a bit of a wave to it. Your hair looks to be straight, but with a bit of volume and not flat ironed straight in appearance. I think of 1a as being what most "Asian" (sorry if this sounds awkward) people have for their natural hair type.

I think some of the "volume" is due to all the flyaways or halo or what one calls it. When I had long hair before, this was not so prononced because I did not dye. Now I sometimes consider cutting to start over.

Nat242
August 18th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I voted 1b, as although you're edging towards 1c I'm not seeing the s-waves. Your hair is BEAUTIFUL.

Idun
August 18th, 2009, 03:22 AM

An overwhelming majority now have me as 1b so I bumpted myself back a notch. I also put ii instead of ii/iii because so many people here at LHC with ii/iii who seem to have tons more hair than I. My pony circumference is 9-10 cm depending on when I measure it. 10 when newly washed.

Idun
August 19th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who voted and commented:flower:! It was great help!

It seems the distribution of votes stays the same. - So Iīm going to stick with 1b.

HairColoredHair
August 19th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Yes, my hair does that too.

Streaks: I donīt actually know the word ( I took a chance :)). I mean when the hairs cluster together in small sections and you get a "stripy" appearance, - in my case very shortly after having been combed. It may have something to do with static electrisity, because it seems to be worse during winter.

Oh, that! My hair does that too... I don't mind it... it looks especially nice if I have braid-waves in my hair though. :D

Petra
August 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I'd say 1b/1c, your hair looks a lot like mine--I think you may be my hair twin albeit your hair is much longer. I've got a uncombed, air dried picture in my album that looks much like yours. Not wavy enough to have discrete waves per se but it definitely clumps together and has some s-bends in there. Looks lovely, btw!

ericthegreat
August 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I would put you at a 1b Idun. You clearly have some bend at your ends, but I definitely wouldn't call them waves. You're also one of my hair twins, altho mine is just a touch straighter than yours!

Reptilia
August 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I voted 1b, not totally stick straight, but not really any waves, just a little bend. Your hair is so pretty!