PDA

View Full Version : 17 months of a little progress

CryssieWillow
April 15th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Yes! I made some hair progress :P
I am currently in my no measuring, no pictures period so I have no exact measurements, but I cheated a little so here comes a progress report.

I started seriously growing my hair in november 2006.
Seeing what happened in between it is surprising that it grew at all. :P
I trimmed about 8 inches in total off and had 2 growthstalls of a few months.
But weeeh!

This is my hair november 2006. Crooked cut and all.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/CryssieWillow/haar26112006.jpg

Aaaand, this is my hair april 2008 in a really dark shot that was taken at night.
My thumbs are at waist and the pants are a little above hip.
BSL is pretty self explainatory I think :D
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/CryssieWillow/33_13april2008.jpg

And well.... weeh!
It seems that I am not goin to join the ranks of people with thick ends anytime soon (no matter what I do about it), but maybe fairytails (pun intended) suit me better anyways.
At least the ends are solid enough for it to feel a bit long.
I am starting to get there now.... the feeling of having long hair.
It would help to have it reach waist, elbow or belly button in the front, but with a u shaped cut and..... some more "hills" to conquer, that is going to take a little more patience :p

Thank you LHC for the oodles of information and the friendship!

mommy2one05
April 15th, 2008, 04:52 PM
your hair looks very pretty
remember to have patience and baby the hair the whole way down ( so to speak)
not too far from waist though

Remke
April 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Wow that looks really good Crissywillow! I've seen your hair irl and I love it!

minkstole
April 15th, 2008, 04:57 PM
That looks really nice. Congrats! What routine helped you along?

jojo
April 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
oh that is inspirational, you grew loads and your hair looks amazing.

Lamb
April 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
That's great progress!
On another note: I'm not sure it's a good idea to take these pics in your underwear and post them in an open forum. Just IMHO.

michelle99
April 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
great progress.

eadwine
April 16th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Woohoo!! Looking really good there :) Congratulations

Amoretti
April 16th, 2008, 05:19 AM
That's great progress, CW! When we met your hair was a bit shorter and now I can see a difference. About the thick ends; as your hair twin, I feel your pain. They can get thicker but you have to be patient.....maybe hair like ours isn't meant to be super thick at the ends? It's still very pretty though!

Katze
April 16th, 2008, 06:26 AM
WOW, your hair has grown! Woo hoo, good job!

I don't think your ends look that bad, they are just tapered somewhat, but you are solidly at waist.

You give me hope...! ;)

Nightshade
April 16th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Awesome progress!! :flowers:

Anje
April 16th, 2008, 07:19 AM
With growth stalls, 8 inches isn't bad progress for 17 months. Maybe 1/2" shy of "average" (if we can believe the much-rounded 1/2" per month figure), but it's definitely making progress. Your ends may not be super-thick, but they look healthy and natural.

I'd put you at a solid waist, or maybe a bit past. Looks good!

CryssieWillow
April 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Thank you all for the compliments! :cheese: I have some hope that it will get better since the hair is recovering from years of torture.

My routine that helped me:
* Handle with care.
* Everything with moderation. If you soak your hair in conditioner every day for hours, it will not thank you in the long run. No matter how good the conditioner is.
Wearing it up and also wearing it down once in a while. If you decide to wear it down, don't brush it the entire day but detangle once.
* eat and sleep well
* no brushing. You can see the difference in the pictures. The first one is way more frizzy and puffy.
* no fuzz routine. Less stress for me is better for my hair. And less handling is better for my hair.
* Keeping hair out of harms way. I keep my hair up at work where I have to tend to an open fire.

I am happy because it is longer then it ever was in my teen and adult life, which is really hopefull!

And ooh, Amoretti. If my hair gets as long as yours I will not mind the fairytails anymore! :D Your hair is sooooo pretty, like it belongs to an Elf.
Have we posted that already btw?
Amoretti and me are identical hairtwins. Not in colour, but the texture, thickness and wavepattern is frikking IDENTICAL. It even feels the same. Amoretti's hair is just a bit thicker and when we met, in a better state then mine. ;)

eresh
April 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Amazing progress :-)
Looks very good

lora410
April 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Woow for trimming off 8 inches you did great growth in two yrs!!!!

Guenever
April 16th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Looks beautiful, sweety! :joy: hip-length is getting closer and closer!