PDA

View Full Version : How many hair type support threads do you qualify for?

Charentais
August 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I can realistically claim allegiance to at least three threads here:
1. The wurly curly thread
2. The salt and pepper thread
3. The fine hair thread

I feel oddly disloyal to each when I post in the other hair type support threads.

:redgrin:

Do you struggle with this "major" and important "dilemma?"

rags
August 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
That's hilarious!

Let's see:

1. Salt and pepper thread
2. Fine hair thread
3. APL to BSL grow with me
4. Straight and silky thread

I think that's it!

redcelticcurls
August 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
The curly thread
The chemical color thread.
The BSL to waist thread.

I wonder if there is a coarse hair thread?

I visit them all without conflict

RancheroTheBee
August 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Super-shorties*, wurly and curly, chin and beyond to BSL, chemical color and... probably something else, too.

*: I will pledge allegiance to the Super Shortie Club until someone other than my boyfriend tells me my hair is getting long. :p Because he's been telling me that for more than a year; pretty much since I told him I'm growing out my hair.

Quixii
August 16th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Currently I only lurk in the Wurly and Curly thread. Haven't seen any other "support" threads I qualify for, I think. :(

ericthegreat
August 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I would qualify and have posted on these boards:

The straight and sleek board
The waist length and beyond board
I haven't seen a coarse board yet redcelticcurls, but if there is one I'd join you there

And actually, my hair ISN'T completely virgin hair. Shocking yes I know. See, I am apprenticing to be a hairstylist, so as all young hairstyling students did I played around with color. This was all during the years of 2006 to 2007. I was still doing this as healthily as possible I used only natural herbal semi-permanent dyes and hair glosses. I had red and burgandy tints, and finally at last I dyed my hair back to my natural black in the end so that I could transition back to my natural color. Of course, I kept moisturizing, deep conditioning, and coconut oiling my hair all throughout the years I colored my hair and I continue to do so to this day, this is what I attribute to my hair staying so healthy and being able to grow without trims.

redcelticcurls
August 16th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I would qualify and have posted on these boards:

The straight and sleek board
The waist length and beyond board
I haven't seen a coarse board yet redcelticcurls, but if there is one I'd join you there

And actually, my hair ISN'T completely virgin hair. Shocking yes I know. See, I am apprenticing to be a hairstylist, so as all young hairstyling students did I played around with color. This was all during the years of 2006 to 2007. I was still doing this as healthily as possible I used only natural herbal semi-permanent dyes and hair glosses. I had red and burgandy tints, and finally at last I dyed my hair back to my natural black in the end so that I could transition back to my natural color. Of course, I kept moisturizing, deep conditioning, and coconut oiling my hair all throughout the years I colored my hair and I continue to do so to this day, this is what I attribute to my hair staying so healthy and being able to grow without trims.

Maybe it's because there are more pros than cons to being of the coarser side of the house. :)

ericthegreat
August 16th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Ahhh yes I agree redceltic. The amount of past dyeing, and certainly all the times I have blown out and straightened my hair and still continue to do so would be like hair murder on a finey.

But my hair? Its seriously like a headful of tiny strands of steel!

Charentais
August 16th, 2009, 12:12 PM
(thanks for responding to my potential floatie of a thread!)

Phoenix81377
August 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
1. No trimming for 09
2. Thin Hair
3. Wurly Curly
4. BSL

I am sure I crucified some of the names but the idea comes across...

Now all I need to do is to find the PJ thread...

redcelticcurls
August 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Ahhh yes I agree redceltic. The amount of past dyeing, and certainly all the times I have blown out and straightened my hair and still continue to do so would be like hair murder on a finey.

But my hair? Its seriously like a headful of tiny strands of steel!

True, there is that. Frizz shows a bit more easily too with the strand size.

But, as a long term dye-er, I love having the protection of thicker strands.

JamieLeigh
August 17th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I'm only in the fine & thin hair thread....but I'm about to be in the waist & longer thread, as soon as I can find it. :D

Charentais
August 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I'm only in the fine & thin hair thread....but I'm about to be in the waist & longer thread, as soon as I can find it. :D

Congratulations!

violetka
August 17th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I qualify for the apl to bsl thread
an also for wear your hair up challenge.

metalgypsy85
August 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Fine and thin, non-trimmers, sleek and straight, and the shorties thread.

Ryanne
August 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Wurly and Curly, BSL to WAIST, the Tawny Support Group, and No Cuts/Trims in 2009.