PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather lessons...

Zindell
August 16th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I have always been a real hair klutz when it comes to hairdos but...

This summer have been unusually hot in southern Sweden. So hot that for the first time in my life my hair bothered me.
I actually got erhm... a sweaty neck. :p

Sooo... Some month ago I grabbed one of my several hair-thinga-majics I usually buy and never wear. It happened to be a beak clip and I just twisted the hair up frenchy style and fastened it. I didn't care at all how it looked, just wanted to get the hair away from my neck.
(Surprisingly it looked quite good after a glance at the back in a mirror)

Since that my hair have been up pretty much daily do endure the hot days. In the beginning it was a french twist fastened with my beak clip, but eventually I started to play with different (often messy) updos and it's been really fun.

The beak clips doesn't seem to be hurtful to my hair either. When I use a barrette I usually get a "mark"... a straight line over my hair where the barrette have been. I never see this after I've used one of my beaks.

Tomorrow I start work again after 5 weeks vacation. I think I finally dare to use an updo at work as well. :D

Sorry for the long, kind of meaningless rant, but I'm so happy about it! :)
Perhaps I am ready to try out some buns soon...

(Sorry, no pics. I have no camera atm)

Charlotte
August 16th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Hi there, :) where I live it's very yucky and humid for about 4 months of every year and I really don't like it at all. Yet until joining this community, I've never really worn my hair up. I've just suffered through... Now though, thanks to lots of inspiration from seeing all of the fantastic updo's and great hairtoys, I'm starting to wear my hair up more often. I almost can't wait for Summer to roll on! :D

Juanita
August 16th, 2009, 03:10 AM
It was about 33 here today and I was out face painting from 10 amto 2.30 pm.I wore my hair in a sock bun style with a cheesecloth tye dyed long scarf wrapped around it. cool and hair out of the way.That's quite pleasant weather compared to later in the year.
cheers

Charlotte
August 16th, 2009, 03:19 AM
It was about 33 here today and I was out face painting from 10 amto 2.30 pm.I wore my hair in a sock bun style with a cheesecloth tye dyed long scarf wrapped around it. cool and hair out of the way.That's quite pleasant weather compared to later in the year.
cheers

Hey there Juanita - yay another Aussie! :D Yes, you're right about the weather now. :) I actually don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that I can't stand - I swear I will never get used to it. I just wilt... :thud:I know the Thud smiley is usually reserved for great hair but it also depicts exactly how I feel in sticky weather. ;)