PDA

View Full Version : The Hair Moment

jera
August 16th, 2009, 01:23 AM
What's the hair moment you're most eagerly anticipating? The moment when you will feel like you've reached a personal goal.

My hair moment will be when I sit behind my computer, crane my neck forward towards the screen only to have my head snap back.... because I've just sat on my own hair. :D Yeah. sitting on my hair. That's the moment I can't wait for.

What about you?

Charlotte
August 16th, 2009, 01:28 AM
The hair moment I'm waiting for is when I can see that I have reached tailbone length! :D

LittleOrca
August 16th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I am looking forward to the time when I have to pull my hair out of my skirt and it takes at least three yanks to get it all clear. :D Of course I will probably be wearing it up, but just image all that lovely hair. :cloud9:

cakedcake
August 16th, 2009, 01:38 AM
The moment I'm waiting for is the relief of finally reaching BSL! (Probably a small goal for LHC, but a giaaaant personal one.) Being able to do long braids is like a far off dream. D,:

Heidi_234
August 16th, 2009, 01:45 AM
When it will cover my entire lower back solidly, when it will reach beyond the curve of my back and lie on my booty, and when I'll bring it forward and it will frame my hips. All this hair moment I'll going to have within the year, so I'm eagerly await :pray:

Zindell
August 16th, 2009, 02:30 AM
When all of my hair can be pulled back behind my shoulders.

My hair has a blunt cut just passed APL, except my former bangs that I grow out. They still have about 2 or 3 inches before they'll pass my shoulders.

Grow bangs, grow! :cheese:

Samitra
August 16th, 2009, 02:33 AM
When I can do one English braid and wrap it around my head.

Athanéis
August 16th, 2009, 03:19 AM
The moment I'm waiting for is the relief of finally reaching BSL! (Probably a small goal for LHC, but a giaaaant personal one.)

The same for me. At that point it will be longer than it has ever been. I'm also waiting for the moment that my hair will be healthy, which will also be at BSL because I will maintain there for a while to cut off all the old damage.:)

Ryanne
August 16th, 2009, 05:15 AM
When my hair swings along and brushes my whole back without having to tilt my head.

Fencai
August 16th, 2009, 05:19 AM
i have to agree that its when I will be able to sit on it!

Isa-belle
August 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Same here. My hair moment will be when I can sit on it :)

practikalmagik
August 16th, 2009, 06:12 AM
When I can do a crown braid firstly and then when I can sit on my hair loose! Never had hair long enough to sit on!

violetka
August 16th, 2009, 06:20 AM
The moment I'm waiting for is the relief of finally reaching BSL! (Probably a small goal for LHC, but a giaaaant personal one.) Being able to do long braids is like a far off dream. D,:
Same here. I have never ever ever had my hair as long as it is now - I have always worn it at earlobe level.
BSL is like the cornerstone of long and not long hair:)

Medievalmaniac
August 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
All of the above! :o) :o) :o) I'm excited about where my hair is going in the next year or two if everything goes well!!

Carolyn
August 16th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I can't wait to sit on my ends and they must be thick blunt cut ends :cool:

dernhelm
August 16th, 2009, 07:24 AM
What's the hair moment you're most eagerly anticipating? The moment when you will feel like you've reached a personal goal.

My hair moment will be when I sit behind my computer, crane my neck forward towards the screen only to have my head snap back.... because I've just sat on my own hair. :D Yeah. sitting on my hair. That's the moment I can't wait for.

What about you?

This is exactly the moment I am waiting for!
eta:I mean when my hair gets stuck between my back and the chair. I am a looong way off from actually sitting on my hair.
Getting there will be a HUGE mini-goal for me. That and when my stupid chin length layers grow out...

Loreley
August 16th, 2009, 08:13 AM
When I see my hair is almost knee-length. :)

Lilli
August 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
When I get it caught behind my back when driving or in my armpits when sleeping.

plaidprincess
August 16th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Mini goal = bra strap length, major goal = waist and final goal = hip length. I'm trying to enjoy my hair at this length but I want all this too much. At least each of these moments will be mini victories.

marikamt
August 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I am at BSL but can't do any updo's cause of layers.... blech! Can't wait till it is a few (4-6) inches longer and I can do all the pretty updos I see and play with sticks.... :D
Then I want to thicken up my hemline....

Fethenwen
August 16th, 2009, 08:28 AM
When I can use my hair as a scarf against the cold :cloud9:

CrystalStar
August 16th, 2009, 08:39 AM
For me, it's the moment I've grown out every last millimeter of bleach damaged hair! :D

Kiraela
August 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
The hair moment I am most waiting for, is when I can tell that my hair is finally classic length. Then I can cut off all the dyed ends and still have long hair!

Shiva
August 16th, 2009, 09:12 AM
My hair moment will be when I am driving and it gets caught in the window when I put it up... when it wraps around my teeth... when I need to at least put the top of it back to keep it out of my face.

halo_tightens
August 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Since it's been YEARS since my hair has even reached past my shoulders like this, I think it'll be a big day for me too when I finally hit BSL. I think then I'll feel like a longhair instead of a longhair-in-waiting!! :)

WelshLocks
August 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I'm waiting for the moment I can feel my hair on my lower back when it's dry.

Someday.....

Themyst
August 16th, 2009, 09:27 AM
My hair moment will be when I am walking down the sidewalk with my long hair flowing gently behind me in the soft ocean breeze - and a movie producer sees me and exclaims, "She's perfect!" and rushes in to pair me up with Tommy Flanagan :inlove: in an exciting role.

Err ... back to earth now. :(

missfortune9335
August 16th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I"m also eagerly awaiting my hair to reach BSL so instead of having to pull my hair out of my skirt I guess mine would be when I put on my bra and have to move my hair out of the way (lol)

FreakyGreenEyes
August 16th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Sit on it...braided!

JamieRose
August 16th, 2009, 11:19 AM
When I can wrap a braid around my head like a hair band.... :)

RancheroTheBee
August 16th, 2009, 11:25 AM
When I hit APL, it will be the most thrilling moment of my hair-history. Because APL means it will be the longest I've ever had it since I was a child. :grin: So pumped! I've got about a year of no trimming left to hit this stage.

peachrose
August 16th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I second the feeling of it brushing my lower back. I have a tattoo on the small of my back (exactly waist length) and I can't wait until my hair covers it.

Quixii
August 16th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I also agree with sitting on it.
Or when I'm just getting out of the shower or somewhere, and all of a sudden I feel something brushing against my legs - that's not my furry little cat. :D

ipickee
August 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
My hair moment...most of what everyone posted previous to this! My big hair moment would be when I can do a big ol' bun on the back of my head and people can STILL tell that it's long! My hair's just about the longest it's ever been right now....can't wait for hip length!!

kam984420
August 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I can't wait for the day when all of my hair is FINALLY BELOW shoulder length. I've almost been growing for a year now and can't wait to see what the next year brings.

KarpatiiSiv
August 16th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Having finally got my hair past waist for the first time, it now has to be the time when I can actually sit on it.

Phoenix81377
August 16th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I am just starting to grow mine out again. I am really looking forward to the moment when I can feel my hair brushing against my back. Nothing feels more sensual and elegant to me than that. I love that once it does that - it will always do it! It's the moment that keeps on giving!

jera
August 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
When it will cover my entire lower back solidly, when it will reach beyond the curve of my back and lie on my booty, and when I'll bring it forward and it will frame my hips. All this hair moment I'll going to have within the year, so I'm eagerly await :pray:

That's a beautiful mage you've dscribed. I hope I can do the same with mine when it gets there. :D

lovebug
August 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM
When I´d have to pull my hair out of my jeans when getting dressed :D

may1em
August 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
When I can do one English braid and wrap it around my head.

Me too. (10 characters)

Canarygirl
August 16th, 2009, 03:03 PM
mine is simple: I can't wait until I can put my hair in a low ponytail and not have the front third of my hair fall out because it's too short to reach. :o

patissegrietje
August 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM
when all past damage is finally gone!!

naselflee
August 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
When trimming an inch of my hair every 2 months to get rid of the damage and not crying about how much shorter my hair looks. After that I will grow it classic length.

neon-dream
August 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM
When my hair is all one length, and it rests comfortably on my tailbone :).

Garnet66
August 16th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Mine will be when I can finally get a ponytail.

ImperfectBrat
August 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
When my hemline hits my knees loose which is many, many years away. The more realistic one is when all the damage is grown out. That should only take another year or two I hope :ponder:

Lady Mary
August 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I'll be happy with BSL at this point, since my hair has been short for so long. A real long term goal moment will be feeling it brush against my tailbone, even if I have to lean my head back for it :laugh:

lindaton
August 16th, 2009, 04:18 PM
When my hemline thickens up!

Raven2448
August 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Between BSL and tailbone.

BSL to be able to do all the cool up dos...and beyond because it's uncharted territory for me.

InTheCity
August 16th, 2009, 04:39 PM
When I look like a Victoria's secret model... and when my hair's longer than my ex has described his new girlfriend as having :evil:

Backliteyes
August 16th, 2009, 04:46 PM
When the layers are long enough that they don't make hairsticks and forks impractical.

Fiferstone
August 16th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Samitra and I have the same moment. Can't wait.

bridgetsgirl
August 16th, 2009, 06:35 PM
When I finally learn where my terminal is, wherever that is. (I'm hoping for at least tailbone, thought classic+ would be cool so I can walk around the house Lady Godiva style!) But at the moment, I'd be content to feel it brushing the tops of my shoulders without being pulled to them.

SallyLopez
August 16th, 2009, 06:44 PM
When I can stand nekkid in the mirror and be as modest as Eve in the Garden. :D

Whimsical wind
August 17th, 2009, 05:49 AM
When it brushes the tops of my thighs.

JamieLeigh
August 17th, 2009, 07:58 AM
When I reach terminal length. That's my ultimate goal. :)

Charentais
August 17th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Hmmm.

I'm not sure yet.

But when that wonderful moment happens, I'll know it.

Heavenly Locks
August 17th, 2009, 08:14 AM
When I have to mind my braid as I pull up my pants :) I really can't wait until I can sit on it or get my braid caught in my belt. :o

Fireweed
August 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM
When I feel it brush below my bum.

KajiKodomo
August 17th, 2009, 09:25 AM
My small one is to reach BSL, because at that point, I'm probably going to cut out the dyed bits (which is most of my hair at the moment, haha).

My ultimate moment is to finally grow beyond the point that I've reached the past two times I've grown my hair out (which is around waist-length).

Kazazi
August 17th, 2009, 09:32 AM
when I can stand up, naked, and feel my hair swishing against my lower pack - somewhere in the hip or slightly below area,I think...

Juneii
August 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
when I can sit on it :D

Sheltie_Momma
August 17th, 2009, 11:59 AM
When it hits the small of my back when I'm laying down. And my husband can reach over and smooth his hand all the way down the length of it, like Bella and Edward in the meadow in Twilight. Ok that was beyond cheesy, huh?

Renbirde
August 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Ooh... When I can do a crown braid. When I can sit on a nice, fat braid. When I can cover my modesty with my hair (think "The Birth of Venus"). :D

skydancer7
August 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
When my hair is long enough, and I can successfuly use hairsticks (and have them stay IN all day)!

LaFlor
August 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
When my hair reaches my hips and all of it is my natural color and texture. :heartbeat

krn2891
August 17th, 2009, 02:16 PM
When I can sit on it.

SimplyViki
August 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
When I have to mind my braid as I pull up my pants :) I really can't wait until I can sit on it or get my braid caught in my belt. :o
That - you know, I pull up my jeans and find that I have to un-tuck my hair. :D

Ooh... When I can do a crown braid. When I can sit on a nice, fat braid. When I can cover my modesty with my hair (think "The Birth of Venus"). :D
That, too.

And also both of the above with one length, uncolored hair.

ETA: Yeah... :rolleyes: That's going to take forever. At least if I'm maintaining here to get rid of layers and dye.

Belledandy
August 17th, 2009, 02:38 PM
When it thickens back up the way it was when I was a kid (Crosses fingers) and tickles the backs of my knees.

Reptilia
August 17th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Putting my hands on my hips and my hair getting caught :p

masterofmidgets
August 17th, 2009, 02:46 PM
When my braid is the same width all the way down. (It's...going to be awhile)

lambhair
August 17th, 2009, 02:46 PM
When my braid tickles the backs of my knees....:happydance:

Little_Bird
August 17th, 2009, 03:37 PM
:DI also can't wait to sit on it, as my goal is classic lenght! I can't wait I can't wait!

So my hair moment will be looking at a mirror from the back and not being able to see my bottom :p

Still, there are lots of hair moments down the road, I've experienced quite a lot so far (from the simple moment where I could finally put my hair in my mouth untill now, where I can push it to touch my tailbone :D)

EtherealOde
August 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
When I have to put it up or braid it in order to get dressed, because it will be easier than constantly pulling it out of my clothes!

RuthieAnne
August 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
When it first tickled my shins I was thrilled. Now I can't wait for it to tickle my ankles. :-)

God bless,

~Ruthie

going gray
August 18th, 2009, 08:23 AM
A great looking healthy thick single braid...hair around 32"

Maddy25
August 18th, 2009, 08:47 AM
My goal is waist and I cannot wait to be able to have my bangs fully grown out (they just reach behind my ears) and be able to pull all of my hair back and into a beautiful long braid or a fancy bun with hair sticks!!! <3 <3 <3

Quahatundightu
August 18th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Without a doubt, to hit tailbone. I've been waiting for that moment ever since I started growing my hair!

Newniepg
August 18th, 2009, 10:51 AM
When it brushes the top of my hip bone from the front.

It seems so long away sometimes.

amyapple329
August 19th, 2009, 05:06 PM
When my hair swings along and brushes my whole back without having to tilt my head.

Same here. I can't wait until I don't have to tilt anymore :)

WhitsEnd
August 21st, 2009, 09:29 AM
I cannot wait to hit tailbone length. I am past waist and when I tilt my head back it it tailbone and I love it.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

annuscka
August 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM
When my hair is waist length and the same thickness for most of it, which is bound to take eons if it ever happens. I tell myself it ought to, as the current thick parts will eventually move further down as it grows, but the good thickness is around my shoulderblades now ;)

meph
August 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM
When I take it out my updo and it falls all the way down my back and reaches the top of my bum.:crush: