PDA

View Full Version : CO Girl from AZ Joining the Party

joyousgard
April 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Hello all!

Just thought I'd take a second to introduce myself. I've been growing out my hair for about the last two years, when in a fit of frustration I allowed a friend of a friend with no professional experience to really hack up my locks.

I've had one hair cut since then, which didn't take any length off but did add some layers. I love experimenting with vintage hairstyles and the I got the layers put in the make setting my hair easier :-)

I've been cleansing with conditioner only for about a year and a half. I started out using WEN, and though I love it it's just out of my price range right now - being the poor college student that I am. I'm continuing to experiment with other brands of conditioner, but my favorite at the moment is Aussie Moist.

I am a bit confused about a couple things. How do I determine my "hair type" as I've seen talked about on the boards? Also, all the abbreviations people use are so confusing! It would be great if someone could create an "Abbreviation Dictionary" post. CO, CWC, SO, NW... what does it all mean? haha

Stacy_E
April 15th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hi fellow Arizonan! Welcome to LHC! This is great place to learn lots of stuff...be careful, this place becomes addicting! The people are very nice here and supportive.

If you click on the top menu bar on "Articles", on the right side (under "Important Articles") are the two articles you are looking for. "LHC Terms and Abbreviations" and "Fia's Hairtyping System" will answer your questions. Determining hair type is a bit subjective, and if you're still in doubt after examining your hair against the category descriptions, you can start a thread on the Mane forum, with a photo of the back of your hair, and people will chime in on their opinions.

Good luck and enjoy this place!

joyousgard
April 15th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Wow I feel like such a dummy for not looking at the "articles" section. Didn't even see it up there! Thanks for the help! :-)