PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a new bun? (pics)

AnnaMarie
August 14th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I was fluffing around with my hair the other night and came up with this bun, has it been done before or could it be a new style?
This is from the back
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa303/AceyHorse/gardenandhair1489013.jpg
From the side
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa303/AceyHorse/gardenandhair1489015.jpg

Aditi
August 14th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Have never seen this kind of bun before, i think its brand new one :D
Although, the bun looks excellent on your hair color :thumbsup:, Can i have the tutorial please :)

Schnail
August 14th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Ooh, really pretty, the second photo makes it look like a sushi-bun! (Which, of course, makes it pretty and delectable :D)

JamieLeigh
August 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
That looks very nice! What did you do?

AnnaMarie
August 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks everyone! :)
Yes Schnail when I first did it I thought it looked like a Sushi Bun as well, but its made quite differently. My hair is wet at the moment but tomorrow I'll get DH to take some photos for a tutorial and I'll post it
I'll have to think of a name for it now yay! :p

missmagoo
August 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! So excited to see the tutorial

Jessikinz
August 15th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Cool bun, hope to see a tutorial soon.

eadwine
August 15th, 2009, 12:47 AM
If you could tell us how you did it? It could already exist, I cannot tell from the picture itself.

Meaning: I know a bun or two three that come out differently each time, depending exactly what spot I insert the stick in, but they are the very same bun :)

AnnaMarie
August 15th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I will try to explain how I did it, but I'm hideously bad at explaining things so this may make no sense :o

So...
Gather your hair in a medium height ponytail ( you don't need to secure it with a band)
Fold hair up around your left wrist, with hair finishing up on the right side
Hold onto the ends with your right hand
Twist your left hand around anticlockwise, as you do sort of retract you hand so the loop of hair ends up more on your hand
The fingers of your left hand should now be under your "ponytail" point towards the right

Pass your ends from you right hand and hold them between your index and middle finger
Pull you left hand upwards fingers pointing down and pull the ends up into the loop
You can either pull the ends out the top so they poke out like or leave them tucked in the loop
Take your hair stick and poke it up into the "knot" created where the base of your pony tail was turn and poke down vertically.
I hope that makes sense, I'll post photos of the steps tomorrow

eadwine
August 15th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Yep, that is my loopknot bun, or.. well mine.. someone must have done it before me, but I called it loopknot :)

It's somewhere on this forum..

The only difference is that I have to twist the length to get rid of some of it :)

rach
August 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM
i really like that bun!!

amaiaisabella
August 15th, 2009, 08:43 AM
It looks kinda like a compact French twist- very cute :)

AnnaMarie
August 15th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Oh its already been done! :o Thanks for letting me know eadwine. Could you put up a link to the tutorial for everyone wanting to know how to do it?

CowgirlKate
August 16th, 2009, 01:06 AM
That is a very pretty bun.

eadwine
August 16th, 2009, 02:54 AM
I don't think I wrote a tutorial, but you just did, so they can follow that hehe.

I did put a youtube up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdhKi9Zgnw
Mine is sideways, but it's the same principle.

Elle214
August 16th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I think this is quite the same as the "Lazy Wrap Bun". The "Lazy Wrap Bun" is not twisted, but the technik is the same, I think.
I will definitely try this version, too!!

Rhea
August 16th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I think this is quite the same as the "Lazy Wrap Bun". The "Lazy Wrap Bun" is not twisted, but the technik is the same, I think.
I will definitely try this version, too!!
I´m thinking the same and yes , I´ll try this version soon ! Thank you for showing this bun .

Aditi
August 17th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the tutorial AnnaMarie and the link eadwine, i cant wait to try this out tomorrow :)

eadwine
August 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Good luck on doing this do :) Do share pics!