PDA

View Full Version : agh...my ARMS! *pic*

Heavenly Locks
August 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I just put my hair into a mid high ponytail and started a herringbone braid...I could only get about half way down the ponytail before my arms started to tremble. So I banded it off and decided to try something different.

I topsy-ed just the loose ends, behind the band (from the underneath so that the ends came out on top) and wrapped/pinned them around the base of the ponytail. Leaving a loop of herrinbone braid. Kida cute, what do you think? (is this a new style?)

Oh and I pinned a bow that matches my uniform underneath. :)

I certainly hope my arms will get stronger, I want to be able to do some of these amazing braided styles! My hair isn't quite long enough to bring around front to braid either. :( boo.

grow hair!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC_0237_4.jpg

Monsterkitti
August 14th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Oh thats so cute! Ive no idea if its a new style really but I havent seen it before so maybe :)

Im just at the point where its nearly long enough to bring over my shoulder but I keep trying to continue braiding down my back, it is a killer on your arms :)

AnnaMarie
August 14th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Thats really pretty :)

Aditi
August 14th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Your arms are not used to work so much before because your hair were short, but now that your hair have grown they are bounded to get used to it :D

I have never heard about this braid style before so its a new style for me and it looks cute on you :)

Schnail
August 14th, 2009, 01:44 AM
That looks lovely. I've never thought of topsying the ends of short braids - brilliant idea!

Medievalmaniac
August 14th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Time for those arm strengthening exercises...try bellydancing! ;op The arm positions have reall helped my muscles to strengthen and stabilize, I have very cut and defined upper arms because of it, and even my forearms because of all of the twisting hands action!

embee
August 14th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with weak arms! Your updo looks really cute, and I'm sure your arms will become stronger over time as you work with different styles.

rach
August 14th, 2009, 06:09 AM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC_0237_4.jpg

cute , love the green ribbon :D

Bunnyhare
August 14th, 2009, 06:13 AM
This does look really cute! i never thought of flipping the ends up through either..brilliant!!the bow is adorable too:0)

Curlsgirl
August 14th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Oh yes I feel your pain sister! It's the main reason I don't do french braids much anymore. I am worn out halfway through! I am starting Curves exercise and hopefully I will build the muscles up for hair updo strength! LOL!

BlndeInDisguise
August 14th, 2009, 06:36 AM
You're going to have huge biceps by the time your hair is waist length. :D I've tried doing some of those braids and stuff and I know what you mean. They're exhausting!

GlassEyes
August 14th, 2009, 06:53 AM
That looks awesome, and I've never seen anything like it when I lurked in the articles section. :D Or on longhairloom...I think that's it, and their collective of styles.

JamieLeigh
August 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I like it! That's a really cute idea, especially the bow. I'm sorry your arms hurt, though. :flower:

SallyLopez
August 14th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I always like a bun with cute detail. I may try this.

Deborah
August 14th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Boy, I understand about those weak arms! I can't even do a French braid! Well, it may have as much to do with klutziness as with lack of strength. Probably no one could hold their hair up long enough to properly braid it when they keep dropping strands and somehow magically causing tangles. :oops: I guess that makes me weak and klutzy. :bigeyes: You are probably only weak, so you're still way ahead of me. :flower:

melrose1985
August 14th, 2009, 08:07 PM
that's so cute!

MemSahib
August 14th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Upper body exercises will help. Curves is great. If only I would go.

camirra555
August 14th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm a weakling too! My arms are pathetic. I'm known in my family for being the weak one (and I'm the eldest) lol. I really want to learn how to French braid so I'm gonna have to do something about it. Your hair looks great!

rexy
August 15th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Cute style, and yes I feel your pain. On the positive side thats one reason I never heat styled my hair much, I would wear out from holding the dyer up for so long lol!

Daoine Sidhe
August 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Doing updo's is a great exercise :p

Very beautiful updo! The braided part looks a bit like a leaf ! Can you see it ? ^^ Cute :)

I would call it "The Leaf"

rags
August 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM
It's very beautiful! It's amazing how doing braids like that will wear you out. I love twin French braids, but by the time I get done my arms are like jello! :p

CowgirlKate
August 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM
That is really cute. Thanks for sharing.