PDA

View Full Version : Hair drying advice needed

Yayasmurf
August 13th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I have a special evening coming up. I want to roll my TB length hair. I'm a newbie here and have read so much about not blow drying. Any advice on how to speed up the drying process once I have rolled my hair?

Teacherbear
August 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I've rolled my hair a few times. When I did, I let it dry almost all the way, then rolled it. That way it wasn't damp to the touch, but just past that. Then I wore the rollers for a few hours. It worked wonderfully well for me.

Yayasmurf
August 14th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking the same thing but mine doesn't really curl as well when I do that. But a little curl is better than NO curl :)

Charentais
August 14th, 2009, 09:32 AM
If your dryer has a low heat/cool option, maybe you could still use it.

(I know some only have warm and hot settings. I hate those!)

mugglemomof3
August 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I've sat in front of a regular box fan with curlers in trying to speed up the process. It does help a bit, and since it's not hot and your ends are around curlers, it's not damaging. But it only helps a little.

Yayasmurf
August 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM
If your dryer has a low heat/cool option, maybe you could still use it.

(I know some only have warm and hot settings. I hate those!)

I just checked and mine does have a Cool setting. Woohoo! :D

Yayasmurf
August 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I've sat in front of a regular box fan with curlers in trying to speed up the process. It does help a bit, and since it's not hot and your ends are around curlers, it's not damaging. But it only helps a little.

I love this idea... it will surely save my arms. Will definitely try this!:cheer:

amyapple329
August 19th, 2009, 11:21 PM
The fan idea works great. I do this all the time just to dry my hair when its down. I also use heat but I try to use the fan as much as I can and it works.

plainjanegirl
August 19th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Do you live in the country or have a private fenced yard.....if so and it is warm outside you could just go sit and relax outside with a book and let them dry.

Aditi
August 20th, 2009, 12:23 AM
The fan idea works great. I do this all the time just to dry my hair when its down. I also use heat but I try to use the fan as much as I can and it works.
Me too, but i do it when i am in rush otherwise i just let it naturally dry.

Renbirde
August 20th, 2009, 12:56 AM
You might be able to mix the "warm" and "cool" settings-- go really quickly over your hair with warm air, and then use cool air for a while, then another puff of warm air. The idea would be to replicate a warm dry environment-- you want the air around the hair to be warm, not the hair itself.

You might get this to work by using the warm setting directed past your hair-- just missing it. Close enough so there's some heat transfer, but not enough to cause damage.

Also-- is this a really rare, special occasion sort of thing? Blowdrying's not great, but as long as you don't do it often you should be able to get away with it.