PDA

View Full Version : Just over 1-year anniversary

Oskimosa
August 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Well, I'm not sure if anyone remembers me. I've been MIA for a bit. My growth had stalled and I found it depressing to come here and remind myself every day how lame my short hair is compared to all the awesome locks around here. :( But I'm happy to say that lately it's been growing like a weed; I've had to henna twice in the past two months to keep up with it! I guess it's one of those things, like how a watched pot never boils. I can stop feeling sorry for myself now :P

I found a pic from June 08 when I joined, and took one today for comparison. Overall, I'm happy with the progress, even with the stall and trim! I still haven't found a good routine, although the articles and the advice here have helped me find some things my hair likes. I especially appreciate Aisha's info on herbs, since my hair likes them from time to time. I ought to try Mellie's advice on soapnuts too. Anyways, I'm rambling, but I wanted to express my appreciation for the help and advice members here have given me directly and indirectly :) Hope the next year is even better!

Sorry for the links, I don't know how to embed flickr pictures. (help anyone?)

June 08:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41491609@N08/3817953443

Today, August 09:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41491609@N08/3818763238/

lawyermom
August 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
that is fantistic growth. It looks great!

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Wow!!! It look great!! I'm glad you came back. Sometimes hair is just annoying!! Then it gives you what you want with great growth. Try not to let others growth etc get to you. I hope you stick around this time. I say wherever you are with your hair journey this place is a great place to be for a lot of reasons.

Dachsdragon
August 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM
You have some amazing growth. It looks really healthy and shiny. Congratulations.

Garnet66
August 13th, 2009, 03:00 PM
You've gotten a lot of growth in a year. Your color is beautiful.

freckles
August 13th, 2009, 03:05 PM
wow! That IS impressive growth, very good, I'm jealous :D

Centifolia
August 13th, 2009, 03:20 PM
WOW I wish my hair grow that way! Yours looks really shiny and healthy. Congrats!

cakedcake
August 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Great progress!

Ahhh, I can't wait until my hair is that long!

Oskimosa
August 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks so much for all the compliments! :) They really mean alot to me. I guess we are our own worst critics! Now if I could find some updos to do with this layered length, I could forget it for the next year and have another great surprise :p

patience
August 13th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Happy Anniversary!
you've grown quite a lot in a year. Love your color, too.

JamieLeigh
August 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Wow, that's great progress for one year. Happy anniversary! Great color, by the way! :flower:

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM
WOW!!! :agape:thats fantastic!!! no, REALLY!!! I can only hope and pray that I could have such impressive growth over this first year:bowtome:..and your color is amazing ♥

serious
August 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I am glad you are back!
I've always admired your shiny hair!