PDA

View Full Version : New pics in photo album

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I added a couple of new pics to my photo album if anyone cares. :) Please excuse my massive TURKEY NECK!! Yes I'm a bit vain. Anyway....I'm very happy that I can actually do an updo!!

I have a few whispies that are too short to go up. I have the wonderful book by Anne Ackers Johnson called Hair A book of braiding and styles. It is a wonderful book. It has wonderful instructions that anyone can do.

For the last couple of days a few of you have posted about the Gibson Tuck and it made me remember the book! So I got it out and did one. YIPPIE!!! I'm on my way. This completely and totally made my day.

I've been wearing a pony tail for forever now to try and forget about my hair. So I consider this a big step toward my growing since......THE BIG CHOP!!! :)

:cheese:

PS: The one pic is dark for some reason and I have no idea how to lighten it.

Ack!! I just realized how many times I said wonderful!! Oh well I'm happy!!!!!!

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
looks good!!! yey you must have figured out how to add the pics. congrats on that

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I know how to add them to my album but I'm not sure how to put them in my blog or on here. Thanks for the compliment.

Rentlle
August 13th, 2009, 01:36 PM
love the updo!!
that gibson tuck is realy perfect :)

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks Rentlle!! :)

lawyermom
August 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
cute updo and your neck looks fine!

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Lawyermom. You are a sweetie. :)

Bunnyhare
August 13th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Oh i love that do! it looks lovely on you! congrats! is that the book by klutz? i think i have to get that one!

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Bunnyhare - Yes it is a Klutz book. The ISBN is 1-57054-018-7. I got it at a bookstore.

Garnet66
August 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
The Gibson tuck looks wonderful. Your hair has gotten so long.

TammySue
August 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I love the Gibson Tuck! Woo hoo for updos! :hollie: Pretty hair on a pretty lady! :blossom:

Charlotte
August 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I think that your new photos are lovely. I really like the gibson tuck - it's so elegant and feminine. With a smile like yours, no-one would even notice your (very teeny) turkey neck. :flower:

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
LHC friends are so wonderful!!!!!!! Even my turkey neck feels better! I really appreciate all the nice comments. They have given me a boost. I think as my hair grows I will try out other styles from the book. Then by the time I'm a real long hair I won't be inept at hairstyles. .:flower: For my dear LHC friends.

Zéphine
August 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Your hair is so beautiful and shiny!

JamieLeigh
August 13th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Hehehe, I commented on my favorite! :flower:

patience
August 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
So pretty! Soon you'll have an array of updos to show us. I can't wait.

...and I must say, I'm always in awe of you're signature pic, oh so shiny :cool: