PDA

View Full Version : Ahh Help me!!!

Maddy25
August 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I am VERY impulsive, its bad (Im getting a tattoo on Saturday that I decided this week on...). And I am very bad when it comes to my hair, I change my mind ALL the time and I have a one track mind once I decide I want a chnage! I want it long, that isnt the issue, the issue right now is after trying to grow out my virgin blonde hair (I have about 3 months of growth) I want to dye it soooo bad! Im also thinking about getting my fringe back. I am a dye addict, although I stopped once I joined here I just love to change things up.

The hair colour and fringe I want are from one of my fave gals
Zooey Deschanel (http://www.buzzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/zooey_deschanel_20081208.jpg)
Zooey Deschanel #2 (http://www.la-story.com/upload/2008/12/zooey_deschanel_shines_at_the_yes_man_movie_premie/zoey%20close%20up.jpg)

Ive had this sort of before but not as dark and when my hair was shorter...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3575&pictureid=46162

I dont know....should I just try to forget about this insane craving to go back to that and stick with trying to grow it natural like Im doing? Or do you guys think it looks better dark with the fringe? I find the dark makes my blue eyes pop more....What do you think?

Currently http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/Photo506.jpg

amaiaisabella
August 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I think the dark would look great on you, but if the blonde is your natural color, beware the need for frequent root touchups. One of my friends said it looks like your hair doesn't start at your scalp when you have lighter roots :)

It's always easier to go darker than lighter so be darn sure when you do it- there are lot of lightening threads here but it's a time-consuming process.

Maddy25
August 13th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I think the dark would look great on you, but if the blonde is your natural color, beware the need for frequent root touchups. One of my friends said it looks like your hair doesn't start at your scalp when you have lighter roots :)

It's always easier to go darker than lighter so be darn sure when you do it- there are lot of lightening threads here but it's a time-consuming process.

Yeah when I used to go dark often I would have to bleach my hair until orange and then do it again till it was blondish, its such a pain but I love both colours!

SimplyViki
August 13th, 2009, 12:19 PM
You know, I can't tell if the first two pics are of Zooey Deschanel or Katy Perry. :p I like Zooey, not too keen on Katy's songs, though. :D

Anyway, cute hair pics, but I'd advise you to hang in there, keep growing, see how you like your hair in its natural state. That's what I'm doing, anyway. I'm bound and determined to grow my hair all the way out to natural, and see what I think of it. I might end up dying my hair burgundy again once I do that, cause I absolutely adored the way it looked on me, but I want to see how my hair is in its completely natural state, especially now that I'm more aware of how I'm treating it.

Maddy25
August 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM
You know, I can't tell if the first two pics are of Zooey Deschanel or Katy Perry. :p I like Zooey, not too keen on Katy's songs, though. :D

Anyway, cute hair pics, but I'd advise you to hang in there, keep growing, see how you like your hair in its natural state. That's what I'm doing, anyway. I'm bound and determined to grow my hair all the way out to natural, and see what I think of it. I might end up dying my hair burgundy again once I do that, cause I absolutely adored the way it looked on me, but I want to see how my hair is in its completely natural state, especially now that I'm more aware of how I'm treating it.

hehehe its Zooey Deschanel, I love her!

spidermom
August 13th, 2009, 12:21 PM
How about using one of those very temporary colors that comes out in 6-8 washings? Of course some of those linger a bit longer than they're supposed to, especially if your hair is porous, but it would definitely be more amenable to frequent changes than using permanent dyes.

I think you look terrific with fringe but should keep it on the light side so as not to lose much of your thickness.

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
HONISTLY, you should give the 2 week rule a shot, I too am VERY impulaive about my hair, and am forever in need of a change, Bangs/fring are easy, they grow quick enough, but your already 3 months into growing your virgin hair, I say stick it out a bit, I didnt like my color until recently (15 months of no chemical coloring, Its finally long enough that I really want to see it longer. although your natural color isnt to dramatic from your color now. I used some clip in extentions I dyed to add in some color and that really helps with the dyeing problem...Good luck!! I say cut some bangs and see how that goes for a while then maybe do the color if you HAVE to...personally I like the blonde better on you

Bellalalala
August 13th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I say this all the time: WIGS!

Go buy yourself a gorgeous shiny wig with a fabulous fringe and rock it until the impulse passes.

The yellow of blond hair really emphasizes blue eyes. Not so much in photos, but in person it is quite stunning.

I have been from blond to dark and back again, fringe to growing out fringe, long to short, etc sooooooo many times. Always changing my mind, and always regretting the move a month later.

As I type, I am wearing a waist-long purple wig because I have been dying for funky coloured hair.

Merlin
August 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Personally, I like the natural blonde - the dark bob does look good on you, but I'd stick with what you've got now.

Bunnyhare
August 13th, 2009, 02:26 PM
i think you looked beautiful with the darker hair,but maybe since you admittedly like to change alot one of the other options given here would be better so you could pop back into your natural color..a wig, clip in colored pieces,temporary color...then you could have different styles too, if you did a wig or 2...i think you should give your hair time to grow in naturally but i understand the boredom issue...sorry, i guess that was as ambiguous as advice comes huh?HEEHEE

lawyermom
August 13th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I'd stick with what you've got now until it gets as long as you like and the decide. I know that isn't as much fun..... can't you play with something that isn't as permanent? Makeup maybe?

WelshLocks
August 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
As another impulsive person here I must say wait for a week.I like what other people have said about you'll be dying it a lot because of your natural hair color.I love Zooey Deschanel and her hair is lovely.I think you could pull off any color hair.I suggest(personal opinion)that you maybe heanna-indigo your hair instead of box dye.It will last longer and I believe the red would be a beautiful color on you.

Good luck!
*yes to the question of bangs.I love the look but can't keep it up for long.

going gray
August 14th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I agree entirely with "lawyermom".....you should wait & concentrate on something else.

wintersun99
August 14th, 2009, 10:51 AM

silencepainter
August 14th, 2009, 10:56 AM
It is just hair. *ducks and covers*

Do what suits you! I think the fringe looks great on you.

Because you like to change your hair up so much I think you should stick with temporary color. This way it will wash out and won't require bleaching when you change your mind. I wouldn't think temporary color would be all that damaging anyway, and I believe there have been treads listing brands that are less damaging than others.

LaFlor
August 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I think the fringe and the darker color look great on you, but I think you should grow out your natural hair first... then try some semi-permanent darker colors. Atleast then when you want to try another color you know it is all going to fade out and you'll be back to natural again without having to grow it all out. I have tried that before and I loved it, because I know that I didn't have to bleach all the color out of my hair and I could try another color if a couple months if I wanted to.

adiapalic
August 14th, 2009, 11:13 AM
hehehe its Zooey Deschanel, I love her!

Me too :) I love her in Almost Famous, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Go-Getter, and other stuff. I wanna see her in (500) Days of Summer next. :flower:

ETA: You could actually look a lot like her with the dark hair/fringe. I like your hair blonde too though

adiapalic
August 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
oops! replied to my own when trying to ETA the other! :flower:

Deborah
August 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I think your natural hair color is MUCH more lovely! Your beautiful face glows with wonderful delicacy and soft color that disappears behind the darker hair and bangs. Frankly your face appears chubbier with the bangs. :couch: You are a natural blonde! Don't try to blend into the crowd of brunettes. Be who you are.

I hope I have not hurt your feelings. That is certainly not my intention. :flower: It is just hard to see a truly beautiful girl deliberately change her appearance in a way that is not beneficial to her. (If I sound motherly, please forgive me. I'm 56, so maybe I am becoming too bossy or opinionated as the years pass. I don't really know.)

Roseate
August 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I like the fringe look, though I'd recommend using the 2-week rule anyway- if you really like it, you still will in 2 weeks.

I like the darker color too, but it looks to me like your natural color actually is a little darker than what you've got now, right? If you dye, use a deposit-only with NO peroxide so you can still go back to natural if you want. The demi-perms with low peroxide will still change your base color, and you'll lose all the progress you've made towards getting your natural color back.

Unofficial_Rose
August 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
You have that lovely blonde naturally? How I envy you.

In fact, if you'd dyed it to achieve the blonde, I still think it's prettier.

Thinthondiel
August 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I think the darker hair looks lovely on you, and I disagree about what Deborah said about you looking chubbier with bangs... you looked like you had fuller cheeks in that first pic, yes, but IMO that's not a bad thing, and you definitely didn't look chubby. Besides, I don't think that was because of the bangs, but because of the shorter hair.

I guess I shouldn't say this, being an LHC-er, but I must admit I prefer the darker hair and the bangs on you (yes, I'm an enabler). I'm a bit impulsive myself when it comes to hair... a couple of months ago I suddenly decided I wanted bangs, so I grabbed a pair of scissors, went into the bathroom and voila - I had bangs. I think maybe that was before I joined LHC, but I still haven't been a member long enough to get rid of my "It's only hair" attitude.

ETA: This is only my opinion, of course... you should do what you want, I was just saying what I think looks nicer. :)

jivete
August 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I'm going to echo the wigs recommendation. I like to switch it up too, and if I'm going to "fake" it, I'd rather fake shorter hair than longer because it's something I could do if I really wanted.

Though I do faux dreads from time to time, but that's more a costuming thing...

twilight_faerie
August 14th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm going to repeat what so many others have already said: two-week rule. However, I think you should do what makes you happy. If you're not happy with your natural color, dye it. It's YOUR hair, it's there for your enjoyment, do to it whatever will make you happiest. But if you think there's a chance you'll regret dyeing it, I'd suggest thinking long and hard before you do it. I don't think asking everyone's opinion on which color looks better is going to give you an answer to what you should do. You're not gonna get a unanimous vote.

Anje
August 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I really like the natural blond on you -- in the picture, I'd say it makes your eyes pop more than the dark hair does. I also prefer the no-fringe look, but I'll readily admit that I'm biased toward no bangs in general. (OK, I also tend to prefer natural colors on people, yet I keep hennaing my own hair. Go figure!)

Be strong. Like some others have suggested -- really temporary washout dyes and wigs are your friends! Have fun with them.

Merlin
August 14th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Me too :) I love her in Almost Famous, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Go-Getter, and other stuff. I wanna see her in (500) Days of Summer next. :flower:

/sad old git threadjack

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a radio series in the 70s and a book.....have nothing to do with anything else....

/end sad old git threadjack

theskeletonkey
August 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM
In my opinion, I think you should go for it!
It would look so pretty on you.
I'm also super impulsive when it comes to hair, so I know how you feel.
Do what makes you happy! I'm going to second the person that said....it is just hair.

Deborah
August 14th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I think the darker hair looks lovely on you, and I disagree about what Deborah said about you looking chubbier with bangs... you looked like you had fuller cheeks in that first pic, yes, but IMO that's not a bad thing, and you definitely didn't look chubby. Besides, I don't think that was because of the bangs, but because of the shorter hair.

I did not say that she looked chubbier, just that her face looked chubbier. You said that her cheeks looked fuller. I think we said the same thing. :)

I agree of course that Maddy should do whatever makes her happy. Heck, she can dye it green if that makes her happier! I just think she may not like it into the future unless she is happy dying her roots green every month or so. :p