PDA

View Full Version : This should help me get through the next 6 mo or so...pic heavy?

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I was talking yesterday about clip on extentions, so I decided to take a drive to Sally's and look around...Guess what?? They dont make extentions in my colors (at last not their, the lady said to try an ethinc store) so I did the next best thing...I bought a light brownish pack and a blonder pack (both at 8"long)...took them home and dug out my leftover jars of manic panic..I cut the track to size colored the hair and hot glued some clips on.

Come to find out they are perfect length for clip in color ♥ I love how they turned out...I dyed the auburn ones with the vampire red (pictured below) and the blonde ones with a midnight blue.( no pics yet, I didnt have enough clips to attach those just yet) this is so cool I think I will buy more clips, color, and maybe another track of hair so I have interchangeable colors. eventually I (my hair) will out grow this length, but it should be non-damdging fun until then.:cheese: and if im still liking it then maybe I will but the next length hair and dye those...This way I can have color one day and not the next..

picture time!!! :D (say :cheese:)
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/stuff%20hair/Picture004-1.jpg no added length...just color

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/stuff%20hair/Picture005.jpg (you can see how bad my layers are here, blah :p )

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/stuff%20hair/Picture007-1.jpg and they wont fade because I take them out to sleep, shower, and swim..

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/stuff%20hair/Picture011.jpg yes I straightened my hair...but I didnt know how I was going to do them (clip-ins) so I dont think I will need to next time

I'm totally wearing these this weekend to dj my friends wedding....

the pics here arnt that good or blended in, i was just in a hurry to share with ya'll

freckles
August 13th, 2009, 11:36 AM
wow. They look gorgeous. Are they comfortable? I might think about clip-in colour myself, since if I wasn't so scared by dye I would love cool colours.

LaFlor
August 13th, 2009, 11:37 AM
That is a really fun idea... and a nice way to get through those in-between days when you just need something special to make you feel better about your hair.

ericthegreat
August 13th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Wow, that truly is a cool undercolor effect you got goin on there! You know, Jessica Simpson has her own line of hair extensions that you can order online. Here's the link: http://www.hairuwear.com/jessica.aspx?pgID=996

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 11:39 AM
yep, quite comfertible actually,( but you have to remember I did years with glue in ext.) I only needed 2 peices one around above my ears and one at the crown

spidermom
August 13th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Enjoy (more words for the server).

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Wow, that truly is a cool undercolor effect you got goin on there! You know, Jessica Simpson has her own line of hair extensions that you can order online. Here's the link: http://www.hairuwear.com/jessica.aspx?pgID=996 Yep I seen those but decided not to go with them this time, I got the track kind at sallys for like $8. a pk and the clips i had a few and bought more 3 in a pk for like $2.

Quixii
August 13th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Wow, they look really good! I've never been interested in clip on colour before, but now I kind of am.. :hmm:

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I will have to take a pic of the clips and the track later when I take them out..

Thanks all, I put the pics in my album too

SeaShell
August 13th, 2009, 11:53 AM
those look awesome! I have the Paris Hilton extensions and they keep me going too!

Heidi_234
August 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hot glued? :shudder:

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hot glued? :shudder:
Hot glued the clips to the hair track....cliped (like a barrette) to my hair

Garnet66
August 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Wow! Those look wonderful in your hair. I love how the color stands out but really goes with your color.

Demetrue
August 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Great idea! I love clip-ins, they are so versatile.

Bianca
August 13th, 2009, 01:15 PM
It looks great :p

Heidi_234
August 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hot glued the clips to the hair track....cliped (like a barrette) to my hair
Ah! *phew* I was scared there for a sec. :)
When I had colorful extensions I braided them in the underlayers, can't say it's hair-friendlier though :rolleyes:

Bellalalala
August 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I would never have been able to get through growing my hair out without clip in extensions and fun wigs!

Just a tip though, I sew the clips to the tracks to make them really secure. Hot glued clips can detach pretty easily because the metal is bent back and forth. The last thing you want is your extensions hanging off your head because the glue detached from the clip!

Chrissy
August 13th, 2009, 01:36 PM
That looks great! I'm lovin' the colors.

Medievalmaniac
August 13th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I'm confused...your hair looks blond in your pics...why would Sally's tell you to try an ethnic store? And why wouldn't Sally's have blonde extensions...?

Bellalalala
August 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
From my experience, ethnic hair stores have MUCH better selection of hair than anywhere else.

The ones I've been to have just about every exact shade you could imagine, in a bazillion different levels of quality and length.

Wicked Princess
August 13th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Oh wow...it never even occurred to me to dye extensions...that IS an excellent way to get some color in your hair without having to dye or mess around with temporary dye in your hair...

...I might have to try this the next time I go to a wicked party! :D

bakertwins2004
August 13th, 2009, 01:54 PM
CUTE! I wish my DH would give on the NO fake hair thing.

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I'm confused...your hair looks blond in your pics...why would Sally's tell you to try an ethnic store? And why wouldn't Sally's have blonde extensions...?
they have ALL shades, Sally's only carries a select few.

Oh wow...it never even occurred to me to dye extensions...that IS an excellent way to get some color in your hair without having to dye or mess around with temporary dye in your hair...

...I might have to try this the next time I go to a wicked party! :D

I never thought of it either, somebody once told me it was not possible...but I see a vidio on youtube and HAD to do it. because I love the colored hair but not all the time...

CUTE! I wish my DH would give on the NO fake hair thing.

mine didnt like the glued in ones, (he liked the length though) and he gave me a dirty look when I told him I bought some last night, but when I told him I would clip them in during the day and take them out at night he liked that idea...

Maddy25
August 13th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Wow those look so awesome! I would never have thought they were fake! Lots of coloured extensions are really plasticy and shiney but those look so real! Pretty! Great idea too, maybe I should try it <3

dernhelm
August 13th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Those look great in your hair!

:hmm: Very interested....So, how do they work? You just clip them in like barrettes? They can be curled with an curling iron, too, right?

JamieLeigh
August 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
That looks pretty cool! :D A very nice safe way to add a pop of color.

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Wow those look so awesome! I would never have thought they were fake! Lots of coloured extensions are really plasticy and shiney but those look so real! Pretty! Great idea too, maybe I should try it <3 nope their human hair and I colored them with some left over MP, I didnt like the synthetic kind and not sure if they would hold color as well

Those look great in your hair!

:hmm: Very interested....So, how do they work? You just clip them in like barrettes? They can be curled with an curling iron, too, right?
Thanks!! I didnt get pics cause their still in my hair but I super glued these kind (http://www.sallybeauty.com/extention-clips/SNAPCL1,default,pd.html)of clips to the track and clipped it to my hair...I love your siggy tag line by the way!! ♥ ETA oh yeah they are human hair so supposidly they can be curled, straightned, and blowdried...if needed

pixiedoo
August 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I have some clip in hair extensions lurking somewhere in a box that I've not used in ages. Seeing your pics makes me want to dig them out and dye them. They look really cool in your hair :)

klcqtee
August 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Very cute idea. I like how resourceful you are!

Backliteyes
August 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
This also seems like it would be a great idea if you just have thin or fine hair and want some extra thickness.

janeytilllie
August 13th, 2009, 07:21 PM
That's a very cool idea :)
They look great and pretty in your hair :D

Bellalalala
August 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Yep!
Human hair extensions can be heat styled, dyed, whatever you want!

However, if they are made of asian hair, they won't hold a curl as well as indian hair.
Extensions are also really great for adding volume and texture.

With crazy colours, I actually prefer the high gloss look of acrylic, but for natural colours, I use virgin indian hair and then dye it accordingly.

Sunny's in the states has an amazing selection, but I don't think they ship outside of the US and Canada.

yellowchariot
August 13th, 2009, 08:42 PM
That's so cool, and very creative! It does look natural!

Sissy
August 13th, 2009, 09:41 PM
hey those look pretty cool. I'd never seen anything like that before.

Elainehali
August 13th, 2009, 10:06 PM
oooh lucky!

They dont make extensions long enough for me. =( I was thinking about ordering some really long fake hair and making my own.

Thank goodness for the internet!

RavennaNight
August 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
How fun! That came out really good looking!

tinybabys
August 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
It looks really good.

melrose1985
August 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Wow! they came out great! It really looks good and doesnt look fake at all! It makes me want to go get some and do it! And great idea on glue for the hair to the clips... i was hand sewing them in each... it TOOK forEVER!!!!!

paper
August 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I love them. Very cute idea!

redneckprincess
August 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Thank you all... My husband came home from work and didnt say anything so I wated and wated and played with my hair a bit and he still didnt say anything (usually I cant s&d without him noticing) and finally I gave in and said something and he said "oh, yeah that looks really good, and that he was glad I found something fun to do with my hair (without doing anything to my hair) that will keep me from doing anything drastic...♥

marikamt
August 14th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Okay.... some info for the totally clueless (ummm... that would be me :D )

I like the idea of adding thickness/ Volume- Am growing out layers on BSL, ends look a bit thin to me... how does this work???? I have never done extensions so have no idea at all about clips, tracks, etc.....

redneckprincess
August 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
(sorry wrong post...)