PDA

View Full Version : A type question

violetka
August 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone, I am new here - joined yesterday and the whole day today I have been reading in the forum. I am very happy to have found your community. Your hairs are more beautiful than jewels ...and i am not a hair person.

I have been trying to type my hair but decided to ask, if someone can give an objective opinion. I looked at the visual guide, but still could not decide.

Also I cannot quite get what is the point of knowing your hair type ? Different hair types need different type of care and have different growth properties or?

This is my hair after washing and before brushing:
http://media.snimka.bg/3957/014169566.jpg

before brushing i am much wavier than after so i cannot decide whether i am 1c or 2a or even 2b.
My friend suggested 1c, but he is a guy..:D
thank you and sorry for the silly questions.

Quixii
August 13th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Welcome! :flower:
I'd call it a 2a, maybe a 1c/2a.
Like you said, the classification system is because different types tend to need different treatment. You can't treat curly hair the same as straight. (Well, you could, but curly hair is better treated as curly hair. :p )

Nypsy
August 13th, 2009, 11:44 AM
It looks like 2b/2c to me. I'd probably go with 2b.

EvaSimone
August 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
It looks like 2c to me. Possibly 2b.

You are definitely not 1c or 2a. You are definitely wavier than either of those. As you grow your hair might straighten a bit but as of right now you are way wavier.

teela1978
August 13th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I think I'd go with 2b, possibly 2c. If there's a few more ringlets in the back then 2c.

Rentlle
August 13th, 2009, 12:00 PM
love your hair.. but i'm not good @ typing..
just wanted to say that :)

violetka
August 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
thank you very much for your answers an the tips people :)
I will go with wavy self-identity and will treat my hair as a clear 2

Rentlle, thank you for the compliment:)
I love love your youtube vids.

Vermelha
August 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I think 2b/2c... Very pretty texture!

JamieLeigh
August 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I'd also agree with 2b/2c. You're definitely wavier than a 2a, which is where I am.