PDA

View Full Version : Scared about hairloss

CrystalStar
August 13th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Hiya everyone. I've been avoiding posting anything about my hairloss for ages, because I was hoping it was just a major shed but when I measured my hair thickness today I'm really scared... My hair used to be abnormally thick at around 5.8 inches (really! :p) but when I measured today I'm down to 4.3, and like I said I'm scared and don't know what to do about it. I'm only 16 so it isn't a post-partum shed or anything, and I eat very healthily and exercise alot so I have no idea what could be causing this! I dread having a shower because there are always at least 50 hairs clumped in the drain afterwards, and a 6 months ago I barely ever shed a hair, let alone 50! Thing is, I'm not waking up with clumps falling out..It's just gradually thinning more and more!

I guess I was just hoping that someone could reassure me my hair is going to stop, and possible suggest things they've tried to stop it or suggest a cause or just something! Thanks loads

free_hug
August 13th, 2009, 01:35 AM
One, attentive explanation: you're growing up. Other, please correct me if i'm wrong (could easily be:) ) but as far as i can see many little girls have big hair, and it gets sort of more "moderate", or not so extremely thick as they grow up. So maybe it's something entirely normal, and it will stabilize at a thick, but not so extremely thick state.

Monsterkitti
August 13th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Mine has lost thickness as Ive got older, when I was pre teens I had a ridiculous amount of hair definatly iii but now Im in the ii range, It could just be an adjustment because of your age as free_hug suggested?

Apart from that I havent really got many ideas im afraid.

CrystalStar
August 14th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Thank you for the input :D

I'm going to try all these vitamin regimes and eating even healthier...I'm determined to not lose my thick hair

Aditi
August 14th, 2009, 04:13 AM
I know how you feel dear, right now my mom is going through a very huge shed bald patches are beginning to be seen and she is completely freaked out about it. For time-being she is applying a herbal hair oil regularly on scalp, avoiding brushing or combining her hair as far as possible, not using any elastics to tie her hair and she is applying a vitamin E capsule on her scalp every once in a week. These are not remedy but doing a little bit helpful in saving as much hair as possible.