PDA

View Full Version : My one year and 23 days anniversary

lawyermom
August 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I started here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=17520&albumid=1481&dl=1216860037&thumb=1
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=17521&albumid=1481&dl=1217361650&thumb=1
and today am here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1481&pictureid=47587
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1481&pictureid=47588
(sorry those bottom pics are so big!)

I fight myself every day with the urge to chop it off. It's such weird hair - it's thin - I do not have a lot of hair by any stretch of the imagination - and it's all curly underneath but only slightly wavy on top.
Cut it? Don't cut it? Do a happy cheese dance? :cheese:

serious
August 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
It looks shiny and healthy.
Don't cut it!:)

Medievalmaniac
August 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I agree - don't cut! It's beautiful, and you've worked so hard to get here!

LawyerGirl
August 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Happy cheese dance. :) And don't cut it... it's pretty. :)

spidermom
August 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Do you wear some half-ups to show off that curly under-layer? (I don't do half-ups myself.)

Your hair has grown a lot in a year and looks good.

Garnet66
August 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Your hair looks GREAT! I would definately not cut it. It's grown out beautifully. Congrats on your anniversary.

ipickee
August 12th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Don't cut it! I'm a serial cutter, & I've regretted it pretty much every time. Put it up, forget about it, and one day when you wear it down, it will hit you how good it looks!

EtherealOde
August 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM
It is so pretty, how can you cut it? Just imagine what it is going to look like in another year! :toast:

KarpatiiSiv
August 12th, 2009, 05:53 PM
You've worked so hard to get here and it looks lovely. Definately don't cut!

going gray
August 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Oh I'm getting on the band wagon here.

DON'T CUT YOUR HAIR!!! After going through all those strange awful stages, you'd think of cutting it again..NO NO NO..that is exactly what I did in June & I'm SO sorry now!

By the way, your hair is very pretty, wear it up more if it's frustrating.

melrose1985
August 12th, 2009, 07:41 PM
It looks really good! Why do you want to cut it? are you not used to the long hair?

SeaShell
August 12th, 2009, 08:18 PM
its beautiful...don't cut it, I know from experience you will want it long as soon as its short again!

Dachsdragon
August 12th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Its beautiful! Don't cut it.

templeofvenus
August 13th, 2009, 12:59 AM
my hair actually looks like your texture and everything just the colour is different. I am not as far as you yet I am at the grown out bob stage :confused: past chin now and urge to cut gets to me at times as I am used to having a !style! and this feels like its just doing its own thing. DO NOT CUT it looks great and is giving me hope for my hair too :)

wackyredtangles
August 13th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Its so pretty! Even if its true that you have thin hair it looks like it has plenty of body in your pics.

I vote don't cut if there's a poll, but of course its your head and you should do as you like.

Monsterkitti
August 13th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Oh it looks good, dont cut :)

LutraLutra
August 13th, 2009, 02:32 AM
You've made great progress, don't cut it, it looks great. Honest. :)

FaeryTails
August 13th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Please don't cut... you've made such amazing progress. Your hair looks great!

SimplyLonghair
August 13th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I think that it is lovely. I would vote not to cut. You have gotten through some of the worst part of growing from short to longer. Just hang in there. I think that fine hair looks better long, as you can do so many more styles and as you get more length your bun will expand. So it is all good! :thumbsup:

pink.sara
August 13th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Here's another one! Don't cut it!

You've come so far in just a year and have really beautiful hair in a lovely colour... plus just think in another year it will be past shoulder well on its way to APL :D

Have you tried little twists and pinning the top up to show your curls? I'd go with Spidermom's suggestion and play with it a little to ease the boredom!

freckles
August 13th, 2009, 04:46 AM
don't cut it! it looks great!

redneckprincess
August 13th, 2009, 05:49 AM
fantastic growth..no dont cut it it looks good!! ♥

Rentlle
August 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
wow, it grew a lot :D

lawyermom
August 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Wow, thanks you guys! For what it's worth, you have convinced me to keep on growing it out. I think your collective NOs! were just what I needed (much to my husband's chagrin - he tells me not to cut it every day LOL!) Spidermom and others suggested half-ups or just wearing it all up - honestly I haven't done it yet. It looks so much thinner when it's put up (and more importantly, I don't have any toys.) I still have quite a bit of layers - especially the bottom inch or two (that's primarily what I've been wanting to chop off). I'm hoping when the top layers grow down a bit more I'll be a solid ii instead of hovering on the edge.... Maybe I'll go ahead and get a small hairstick and give it a try.

SimplyLonghair - thank you for thinking to say that thin hair can look better longer. The exact opposite has been drummed into me by countless hairdressers over the years. It's been a slow process getting their voices out of my head!

melrose1985 (I grew up in CT - and graduated in 1985 YIKES!) I think maybe it is in part that I'm not used to it - that and I just keep hearing people with my hair type aren't supposed to have long hair. I have no confidence in it yet.

Again, a hearty thanks to each and every one of you for taking the time to stop by and giving me some support. Your efforts are much appreciated :)

JamieLeigh
August 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Let it grow, if it's not on your nerves or in your way too badly. In your photos, it looks gorgeous, and very shiny! And I know that sometimes when hair gets longer, it starts behaving differently, and you might like it better farther down the line. Hairtypes can even change!! :D

Whatever you decide. :)

Shorty89
August 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM
It looks pretty to me and you've grown a lot in a year. :)