PDA

View Full Version : 6 Months of Growth!

KajiKodomo
August 12th, 2009, 12:38 PM
This isn't 6 months since I started growing my hair out, but it shows the growth I have had since February 14th of this year (Valentine's Day!).

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2694&pictureid=47560
Before. Dyed black and pretty short.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2694&pictureid=47559
After. Color remover and dyed over to get a color that ended up fading to one or two shades lighter than my natural color. Really wavy when left to dry (I scrunched a bit to get this because I had brushed it straight; I wet it down at work and scrunched a bit to get a more natural look; when it dries naturally, I have some pretty tight spirals in the very front).

I can see the growth! I'm excited that I've gotten this far already. When stretched, my hair reaches between my bottom lip and my chin.

I'm starting to run into another awkward stage, as I can't brush my hair completely straight anymore. It ends up frizzy on the bottom if I do so, so I'm going to have to either let it dry wavy, or find some sort of middle-ground. :cheese:

I tend to try to get it straight because at this length, it ends up kind of wild if I don't (as you can see in the above picture, haha). :D

Lady Mary
August 12th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Cute! It looks great, congratulations on your progress so far! :blossom:

melrose1985
August 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
WOOT! congrats on the growth!

redneckprincess
August 12th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Thats awesome growth!! and I know you trimmed some also right? Just think 6 more months....

LutraLutra
August 12th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Well look at all those waves coming in, you're making great progress. :cheer:

freckles
August 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
congratulations :)

eshta
August 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Great progress!

Your (close to) natural color and the added lenght really soften up your face.

Just keep growing and taking good care of it and you'll soon be out of the akward stage and well on your way to updo-able lenghts :D

KajiKodomo
August 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

Angie, I did trim some from the back since the first picture, but just to make sure I have an even hemline. I'm not interested in the "mullet" look, haha! :D So I suppose it would be a few inches longer in the back if I wouldn't have done that, haha.

LaFlor
August 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Great progress! I like the lighter color a lot better.

serious
August 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I like your waves, look very cute on you.
Congratulations and happy growing!

KajiKodomo
August 12th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks!

The compliments on my natural (or close to) haircolor are great, because I keep having moments of doubt whenever I look at the old pictures of me with the long black hair. I really don't want to have to deal with the upkeep of black hair, and hair dye makes me itch as of lately, so I don't want to deal with that either!

Thanks again everyone! :D

Renbirde
August 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Have you tried using bobby pins to hold it flat to your head while it dries? Or tying a scarf over it to keep it flat? It should dry straight...

;) I think, at least. I've never had hair that short.

Kiraela
August 12th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I love that color on you! It really suits you. The photo is absolutely cute, btw. The hair works very well with those glasses!

KajiKodomo
August 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
My problem isn't the bulk of the length. That dries straight just fine. The ends try to wave up, and I'm afraid that pinning them might end up leaving creases in them if I can even get the pins that far down.

I'm probably just going to let it do it's own thing from now on. I can sort of pull it back. In about two more months or so, I should be able to do a half-up without any pieces falling out, so that'll help a lot.

My hair likes me better when I don't try to make it do something it doesn't want to, haha!

redneckprincess
August 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM
My problem isn't the bulk of the length. That dries straight just fine. The ends try to wave up, and I'm afraid that pinning them might end up leaving creases in them if I can even get the pins that far down.

I'm probably just going to let it do it's own thing from now on. I can sort of pull it back. In about two more months or so, I should be able to do a half-up without any pieces falling out, so that'll help a lot.

My hair likes me better when I don't try to make it do something it doesn't want to, haha!

ha ha I hear ya there...LOUD AND CLEAR!!:cheese:

ChrissieM
August 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
your hair looks really cute and you've gotten some nice growth. I like the softer color as well, and I LOVE your glasses!

Sissy
August 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM
congrats on your 6 month growth! Keep on growing!

Garnet66
August 12th, 2009, 04:32 PM
You've had some great growth so far. Congrats on your grow-aversary.

klcqtee
August 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I love it brown! Also, I'm so happy for you! You've been through some weird stages, but you'll hit a few more before you reach APL, so keep up with what makes you happy, and remind yourself of that later on!

KajiKodomo
August 13th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks everyone! These glasses have clear lenses in them (my prescription is so weak the the eye doctor told me that I don't even need to wear glasses, so I just bought a cheap pair of frames from Claires of all places).

klcgtee, thanks! Ugh, I'm very familiar with the stages of growth, unfortunately. Haha, this is only my third time growing out since I joined in 2003. I'm not looking forward to the next few stages, it seems like from here on out that I don't have quite as many though, which I'm loving.

Very soon I can put it all half-up (still a few pieces which aren't cooperating (sides and front mostly; is this because of thickness? i.e. my hair doesn't lay very flat when I try to pull it back so my hair has longer to grow before it can all be contained?), then I'll just have to wait until I can get the last few pieces from the back into a full ponytail. Once I can do a full ponytail, I know that it's easier from there on out. I'm almost there!

Thanks again everyone! :D

JamieLeigh
August 13th, 2009, 04:44 PM
What a difference half a year can make! It looks very nice - I love the waves! :flower:

KajiKodomo
August 14th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Thank you! :D