PDA

View Full Version : my hair right now

RockerChick
August 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM
OK so it's been a little while since I last posted when I totally hated my hair...I am starting to like it again, I have decide the grey isn’t so bad, you can’t really see it I was just panicking and I have discovered that by plastering it in flax seed gel it gives it tons of body. I have also stopped scrunching my hair dry and the bits that were breaking off have stopped breaking off and are growing back, It's also way long, I can almost sit on it, It still needs thickening up though and has loads of split ends so I really want to get a cut and cut longer layers into it which it currently has but is very unkempt, it’s also annoying because its straight in the back and wavy in the front so when I style it...well...I can't style it basically so am wondering two things...seeing as I have no work coming in and can’t afford a trip to the hairdressers, can I cut my own hair...just trim it and tidy it? It really needs it. So does anyone have any tips on blow drying and styling my straight /wavy hybrid hair.

RockerChick
August 14th, 2009, 05:22 AM
OK so it's been a little while since I last posted when I totally hated my hair...I am starting to like it again, I have decide the grey isn’t so bad, you can’t really see it I was just panicking and I have discovered that by plastering it in flax seed gel it gives it tons of body. I have also stopped scrunching my hair dry and the bits that were breaking off have stopped breaking off and are growing back, It's also way long, I can almost sit on it, It still needs thickening up though and has loads of split ends so I really want to get a cut and cut longer layers into it which it currently has but is very unkempt, it’s also annoying because its straight in the back and wavy in the front so when I style it...well...I can't style it basically so am wondering two things...seeing as I have no work coming in and can’t afford a trip to the hairdressers, can I cut my own hair...just trim it and tidy it? It really needs it. So does anyone have any tips on blow drying and styling my straight /wavy hybrid hair.

this disappeared so I'm bumping as I really need advice right now!

pinchbeck
October 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yes you can cut your own hair. Just make sure you take off the same amount with each section you grab and make sure your hair is taught when trimming. When the split ends are gone you'll feel great! I don't know about layering your hair yourself unless you are knowledgeable about layering techniques.

It might be an idea after you trim the splits off to avoid using heat on your hair with the exception of perhaps drying the scalp area a wee bit while learning to love your hair the way it is without having to style it. Keep up the oiling!

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Check this out - a lot of members here cut their own hair with great success.

http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/