PDA

View Full Version : My ends are dry?

mary1965
August 12th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I switched to cone/ate free shampoo and conditioner. Baking soda DID NOT WORK and if I don't wash my hair every three days I have break outs.

Any good products/ non-gross natural remedies I can use for this?

Anything oil based (mayonnaise, oil, etc) are out because they are bad for my face.

templeofvenus
August 12th, 2009, 01:22 AM
I use products from this line sulfate and cone free

www.nakedbodycare.co.uk (http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk) many other products gave me skin issues, rashes etc but these are awesome! I use the sensitive shampoo and the smooth conditioner. If you live in the uk boots sell the range. If you live elsewhere you can order from the website.

Shadow
August 12th, 2009, 01:39 AM
It's a pity you can't use oils - Emu Oil has done wonders for my ends. They used to be all scraggy and now they're pretty much perfect. I only use one drop of it and smooth it over my ends after styling though (and I can be pretty breakout prone myself) and I've never had a problem with breakouts from using it on my ends :)

Leoneska
August 12th, 2009, 04:57 AM
I always thought oils were bad for my facial skin (overly sensitive and tends to develop comedones). Now I bought Japanese camellia seed oil for my hair (as a leave in) and I also apply it on my face every night. Wow, my ends got so smooth, and my skin so soft!
Camellia seed oil is also recommended to fight first signs of ageing and acne scars, btw.

Angharad
August 12th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Maybe honey (as a conditioner) for softening your ends after you washed your hair? It softens my hair; just leave it in for five minutes and then rinse.

Charentais
August 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I can relate to the breakout problem!

Recently, some members here suggested to me that I wash my face AFTER I condition/conditioner only wash.

I'm trying this out. I've also had to add a second, store bought acne cream to my routine.

Charentais
August 12th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Sorry for the second post:

You might try Fruit of the Earth aloe gel on your ends, if the thought of oiling them concerns you.

I've got the acne issue too, but I still oil my ends. But anyway, the aloe might help!