PDA

View Full Version : The horror!

zzstarz13z05
August 11th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Today when I was at work i had my hair in double dutch braids. I was looking at my ends and saw a rather coarse one which was darker than all the rest.

So I decided to yank it.

To my horror, it got darker and darker and darker as it got to the scalp and it eventually went to BLACK!! I have very blonde hair. It was so coarse, and there were tree-type splits near the root! The splits themselves were 1" long! :agape:

I saved it, its in my purse somewhere. Tomorrow in the light im going to try to take a picture. But I was absolutely HORRIFIED.

RancheroTheBee
August 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Whoa! What a freaky hair. I would love to see this.

Aer
August 11th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I have dark auburn hair, but I pulled out a dark black coarse hair before too. I've spotted some gold blond in there before too. I don't think it's too unusual. I was actually little hopeful that maybe I would get more of those dark thick hairs, because mine is so fine, I would prefer some thicker strands, and I would like to have dark dark hair for a change. It could be hormonal, or it could just be genetics, I was explaining in a different thread that I used to have redder hair and I have very dark eyes, and was told that you had to be blue or green eyed to be a natural redhead, but if thats true, something went awry because the Crow or cherokee in me forced the celt parts to make room for my dark eye color. Maybe this is whats going on with your hair.

aksown
August 12th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I actually toyed with the idea of changing my stats when I discovered a black, coarse hair among a group of red, light brown and blonde hairs. I don't think that counts though. ;)

Flynn
August 12th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I think it was RoseRedDead who gave these a name for me: Head Pubes.

Everyone has 'em, they're normal.

jera
August 12th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't freak out about it too much. Coarse hair is usually dry which is probably it was so badly spilit. I think if I were you, I'd do some more oilings to help hydrate your hair. But one occasional coarsie is no reason to panic. Stress causes frizzy coarse hairs to sprout on heads that are otherwise smooth. :pumpkin:

Shadow
August 12th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I think it was RoseRedDead who gave these a name for me: Head Pubes.:rollin: .

JamieLeigh
August 12th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I've come across one or two coarse blonde hairs on my head. I was born with dark hair, and have never had blonde at all, not even colored it that way. They're not silvers or greys, since I have a couple of those as well and they look lighter and feel finer. I know it can't be sun-lightened, because one of them was on the underside of my hair, and was blonde from root to tip. I yanked that one to look at it. It's weird!

rockey
August 12th, 2009, 09:00 AM
vow amazing

GlassEyes
August 12th, 2009, 09:05 AM
"Head Pubes" are normal.

However, with a 1 in split at the ROOT, I'm curious to see this. xD;

sweetestday
August 12th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I've always been a natural blond as well, and I have found several dark, coarse hairs in my head over the years. I always hoped my hair would turn dark, but it never did.
Hey, I found my very first grey a couple weeks ago! I was pretty excited about that. :)

Peregrine
August 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I found a shed hair like this. Dark brown (darker than normal), coarse and kinky all the way from root to tip. I thought I had damaged it in some way. Although how I damaged only one hair I couldn't figure out.