PDA

View Full Version : Latest Compliments!

heatheradair
August 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
What's the nicest thing that someone has said about your hair lately?

Today someone from Livejournal said that they are using a picture of my hair as their desktop background. I thought it was very flattering!

missmagoo
August 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Wow, that is seriously flattering!

I was at a party the other night and had a hairdresser compliment me on my curly updo- I was pretty happy since rockin my wavy hair without any blowdrying is taking some courage!

SimplyViki
August 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I got a compliment today! :D A girl I know who also has long hair (hers is just barely waist) noticed my hair today, and said "oh, wow, your hair is so long! You've got me beat now. Are you ever going to cut it? I wish my hair was as pretty as yours, I have to flat iron mine to get it to look decent." (Yes, she gushes like that in person, I don't think I'm even doing it justice). I know she didn't mean anything bad by asking if I was going to cut it, it was just curiosity, so I told her I trimmed it regularly, but I wasn't planning to cut it anytime soon. I also assured her I was sure there was something she could do with her hair texture, and offered to teach her a few updos or something. Who knows? Maybe she'll take me up on the offer at some point. :D

heatheradair
August 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM
It's so nice to hear the positive things people say!

Keep regaling me with your anecdotes, please :D

redcelticcurls
August 11th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I traded compliments with a 3b woman I saw at work. We both had hair that turned out well despite the humidity. We had a 5 minute conversation about hair gel, which is something since we had never seen each other before, and she was visiting from out of town.

kdaniels8811
August 12th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I was asked yesterday if I was donating my hair to locks of love! I do not think my hair is that long so I took that part as a compliment but replied, no, my goal is tailbone length. Why? because I finally can, now that I have learned to care for my hair so it grows. So maybe it is getting long, just looks short to me (smile!)

Ryanne
August 12th, 2009, 04:18 AM
In the changing room at the gym an old grey lady, who works there, looked at my English braid and told me my hair was beautiful.
When I was at my friends house, who before told me my braid was pretty, she suddenly asked her mother what she thought about my hair. The mother said how she already noticed it, and that it was beautiful.

JamieLeigh
August 12th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I logged in to Facebook today to update my status about our baby bunnies...and I had a comment under one of my photos, "You are a long hair goddess!" I think a lot of my FB friends just added me because of my hair, but hey it's nice to hear anyway. :)

young&reckless
August 12th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I told my coworker yesterday that we would be togther today (he has been off for a week and a half on some millitary training thing and I was suppose to be off) and I recieved a text back asking me to where my hair down so he could pet it.

Note: I don't mind when people I know and like pet my hair and we are a very close deptment. He's like a really big, little brother.

RuthieAnne
August 12th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Aren't little old ladies the best? :) They always say "Don't ever cut your hair, honey!"

I had an interesting experience at the mall the other day. I was passing a group of tweenage boys and one of them said in passing "Nice hair!" It was interesting because that age group is usually very rude and prone to giggle and point.

God bless,

~Ruthie

Amara
August 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hmmm, haven't had any lately! :(

eyesofsummer
August 12th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I was at the gym a few days ago. I had just finished my 2-minute shower/rinse thingy, and was taking my hair out of the top-of-the-head bun I use to keep it from getting wet. An older woman was sitting down drying her hair in front of the sinks, and she looks over and says "Can I have your hair when you're done?" She then went on to say that she loves curly hair and that it makes me look "very Pre-Raphaelite ". I had such a grin on my face for the rest of the day! I love hair compliments :)

ladylibra
August 12th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I almost always wear my hair pulled back, partially for work but also partially because it's just less work. :o

Today I wore it out and 3 of my neighbors who always see me with it up remarked on how much they loved my hair. "Why don't you wear it like that more often, it's gorgeous!" :D

nmarie33
August 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I did the braided beehive for a family event the other day. My two cousins' wives, who both have probably the most heavily processed and worked-over choppy 'dos I have ever seen, complemented me. Each of them asked my how long my hair was ("it must be soooo long and thick to make that crazy bun!) and how long it took me to do it (probably 5 minutes?) It felt pretty weird that the two "trendiest" people there commented about my hairdo, which was probably the most old-fashioned looking thing in town that day, but I took it as a compliment. Ha!

Curlsgirl
August 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Today I went through a drive-thru at a bank and the girl said that my hair was beautiful and her dream hair and that she would give her right pinky finger to have hair like it. :)

Honestly I was a little embarrassed she went on so much. :o

Oh and about little old ladies! They are the most free with compliments I think. I was in Dunkin Doughnuts the other day and one came over to my table and said she had seen my french braid from outside before coming in and how beautiful it was. :love: I get a lot of braid compliments, even just plain English braids, from older people. I think it's something they don't see that often anymore and maybe it reminds them of younger days.

spidermom
August 13th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Last week DD, her friend, my grandson, and I were having lunch at Olive Garden Restaurant. I had my wet hair in a braid. The people behind us told me that my hair was just beautiful, and my braid was "so thick all the way down." Actually my braid tapers quite a bit, but it was nice to hear anyway. (They thought my 1-year-old grandson was adorable, too, and "so well behaved.")

Jason
August 13th, 2009, 01:19 PM
What a complimentary thing for that person to say to you! I recently had 2 facebook friends say I look very metal so I took that as a compliment.:D I decided to use my current avatar photo here on facebook a couple of days ago. It's the first one that really shows my hair.

lovebug
August 13th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yesterday I was going out with a friend of mine and asked her to help me with my updo. She did, and then said:

"Your hair... it looks better than ever. The shine... and it feels good. How did you do it?"
(We both destroyed our hair in June ´08 with several bleaches. I had to cut it from shoulder lenght to chin, she went from chin to pixie)

:)

halo_tightens
August 13th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I'm not even to APL yet, but everyone at work is used to the chin-length angled bob I usually wore before deciding to grow out. I always wear my hair up now that it's long enough, but yesterday I had it down for a minute to re-do it, and a woman I work with exclaimed, "Your hair is getting long-- FAST!"

I grinned for an hour, lol. I'd certainly love to think that it's coming along quickly! :D

JamieLeigh
August 13th, 2009, 03:58 PM
My mom saw me with my hair down this afternoon, and said "Wow, your hair sure has gotten long again! It looks so much better than it used to." I took the positive side of the statement, lol, because my mom NEVER says anything nice about anyone unless it's blanketed with something negative. Besides, she's right. (Thanks LHC!!):p

I don't think she's seen it loose in years - I usually wear it up, because if I'm at her place, I've got all the kids in tow. :eyebrows:

going gray
August 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM
It feels so good to get a hair compliment & you got an awesome one!

marikamt
August 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Am having a party for myself... throw confetti....

Been endlessly trolling the net for "how I want my hair when I am done"...... found the PERFECT picture... showed DH and he said "it is basically like that now"...... WOW!!!! My "vision" of my hair was shorter!!!!!

InTheCity
August 16th, 2009, 07:23 PM
"Wow, I didn't know your hair was so long." from someone at my job whom I've never met before that day.
I must have started the day in a bun and let it down midday.

JamieLeigh
August 17th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I got two in the same grocery run, when my hair was loose and dry after a wash, lol. :D A little kid said, "Mommy is that Rapunzel?".......and a guy in his early 20s said, "That sure is a lot of hair." I said, "It sure is, especially in August when it's so hot out." He replied, "But it's really pretty!"

Happy hair day for me. :)

nmarie33
September 6th, 2009, 08:48 PM
What a complimentary thing for that person to say to you! I recently had 2 facebook friends say I look very metal so I took that as a compliment.:D.

That is a compliment. Your hair looks great. Rock on buddy! :evil:

Addy
September 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hmmm, haven't had any lately! :(

I think your hair is beautiful Amara! :) Don't feel bad... I haven't had any compliments recently either.