PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite Shoulder Length and Layered...

Sammybunny711
April 15th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hello LHC peoples! Long time no post, I know but I have a question. My hair is in this freakish in between stage where it is almost to my shoulders but my shortest layer is at mid-ear to lower-ear. I can get most of it back in a low pony tail but not all of it. I was just wondering if you ladies had any nifty ideas for cool stuff to do with it right now because leaving it down all the time is DRIVING ME INSANE! :o) Just wondering. :luke:

amaiaisabella
April 15th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe half-up? That's a way to get a lot of hair out of your face.

Lamb
April 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Gosh do I know what you're talking about. I was struggling with this through the winter - now my hair is all one length, as much as it is possible for a curly, and the hemline is just slightly below my ears, same length as in Octorber, just not layered.
You have some options:
1. even it all up to one-length (be warned, this is considered "drastic" but for some people, it works)
2. headbands
3. claw-clips or sidecombs: if you can make a ponytail, use sidecombs to smooth back the shorter strands. YOu can also use sidecombs if you leave your hair down.
4. French braid (you should be able to do one now, starting high to get all your layers in).

Presto
April 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I just pulled out an old pic on this other thread, when my hair was about the length (all sorts) that you are talking about. Click here to see. (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/083a.jpg)

Oh yeah, my favorites were headbands and claw clippies. The headbands that work best with my hair have comb-like teeth on em, and you have to pull them back out of your hair by pulling forward, not combing through. Eeek! Tangles.

jojo
April 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
hi,
how about twisting sections and pinning it up, this is what i used to do and it looks nice and funky too!

brok3nwings
April 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
i think that coloured and diferent acessories goes really well with that stage...

Patrycja
April 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I'm having the same problems my my longest layers are about a inch from BSL(finally!!!)
I go to www.longhairloom.com and just do variations on their styles to meet my own specifications.It doesn't always look neat and tidy but who says it has to be?? :p

jojo
April 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
exactly, i kind of like the messy look

chrissy-b
April 15th, 2008, 06:19 PM
my hair is about the same length with layers and almost the same type too.

what i usually do is separate my hair like i'm going to make two pigtails, then twist my hair into a half-bun type thingy and secure each with a coupla clips and maybe bobby pins if i need them. it works really well and looks pretty cute too (sorry, i don't have a pic).

also, the best thing i've found to keep layers back is to do this updo when my hair is damp and coated with oil, leave-in, or my homemade conditioner/shea/aloe butter. you're protecting your hair while securing the layers. works great for me.

DecafJane
April 15th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I own about 6 different cheap claw clips that I cycle through. They keep my hair up and keep me sane. :)

Pegasus Marsters
April 15th, 2008, 06:32 PM
My hair is the same length really (cept I have bangs) and you should be able to ponytail most of it by now. Headbands are always an option and a half up should work! Even pigtails would be cute!

Paliele
April 30th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Ooh, I remember this stage! It was/is awful (my shortest layers are about chin-length now). I got tired of having it in my face all the time, so I cut myself some eyebrow-length bangs and did two french braids every morning. They were mighty alien-shaped at first, but I eventually got decent at them. :)