PDA

View Full Version : How do you dry your hair?

AJoifulNoise
April 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Okay, you just got done washing your hair (whatever the method) and your hair is dripping wet. What do you do now? Special towel? Special shirt? What's your after shower routine?

When I first get out I wrap my hair up in a towel. In the process of dressing, this towel comes off.

I have 4 cotton shirts that I never wear out of the house. They are my cleaning/hair drying shirts. They absorb well and dry quickly. 99.9% of the time I dry my hair while wearing these shirts. Basically, I leave my hair alone until it is mostly dry or completely dry. Sometimes I add some oil to the ends right after the shower. I try not to comb it until it is dry.

AlleyKitten
April 15th, 2008, 12:49 PM
My hair is finishing up drying right now, so I figure this is a good time to post here!

First, I gently squeeze the excess water out of my hair in the shower. Then, I wrap my hair in the towel I used for my body to get out of the shower, and bend at the waist to let my hair hang over the front of my head once I take the towel off. I run the towel down the length of my hair, sometimes squeezing a bit. After a few runs with the towel I'll fingercomb a bit to break up the biggest chunks that are hanging together, on the theory that more surface area will get it to dry faster. I continue to squeeze and run the towel over it until it's no longer dripping from the tips, then I oil the ends with coconut oil and flip my hair back onto my back with a smaller towel laid on my back. I'll usually wrap it up into a sort of towel bun while I'm getting dressed, and then leave it down until it dries -- right now I have it over the back of the couch so it won't get my (ok, my boyfriend's, I'm stealing it) nice sweater damp. I don't comb it until it's dry, as a general rule, and I try not to put any hairties in it. Sometimes I'll braid it, for braidwaves, but most of the time I just let it dry down.

amaiaisabella
April 15th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Well, I carefully comb it out, then I put it in a backwards Turbie until it is only slightly damp. I usually take it out and put a dab of oil in my hair to smooth it out. I don't think I'm going to do that anymore, since several posters have told me that fades the color in the hair.

Sometimes I do the Saran Wrap and quickly blow dry, but rarely. I'm trying to avoid it altogether :)

Tapioca
April 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I gently squeeze out as much as possible in the shower, then put it up turban-style in a microfiber towel. It stays that way for about a half hour while I get dressed and stuff. Then I let it down and comb through some modified Kimberlily defrizz spray. At this point it's still damp, but it doesn't get my shirt wet. I let it air-dry down the rest of the way.

amberdakota
April 15th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I wrap my hair in a towel until it is just a little damp, then I gently comb it out. Letting my hair dry all the way before combing it is a recipe for disaster for me, unfortunately. :-(

Jorchet
April 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I apply products on soaking wet hair, wrap my hair into a towel aka plopping/plunking (example of it on Jessicurl's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2qD38ZYX6A) youtube channel) and leave the towel on for 30 mins - not longer for me, bad results! lol! - then take towel off and airdry.

Riot Crrl
April 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I do forbidden things. If I am wearing it up or air drying it, I blot/squeeze (but not "rub") it with a normal terrycloth towel. Then I'm done drying it. If I want to wear it down someplace where it would be bad to show up with wet hair, I diffuse it for five minutes! Mua ha ha.

TheHuman
April 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I wrap my hair in a towel and squeeze once. I drop the towel, put on clothes and let it air dry. I may comb once or twice after it's a little dry. If it's cold I keep my head in the towel a little longer. I've only used a blowdryer 10 times or so in my life.

Kunzang
April 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I lean over in the shower with my hair over the back of my head, squeeze out excess water, then wrap it in a super-absorbent turbine that twists and buttons in the back. I leave it on for about half hour, while I moisturize, brush teeth, etc. When it is soaked, I take it off and let my hair air dry. I keep a small towel on had to squeeze out the water in the ends, otherwise it drips. I usually wear a sweatshirt to keep myself dry.

Blueglass
April 15th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Wrap it in a towel, then comb, because it's very non-tangly, the I have a ceiling fan in my room. I turn the fan on high to get a little breeze or if it's warm I go outside.

Wanderer09
April 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I fingercomb it, drape a towel over my shoulders, and let it air dry & do its own thing for as long as it takes...

Curlsgirl
April 15th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I usually blot it a bit with either a microfiber towel or regular towel, then I bend over and scrunch in my products (usually KCKT and KCCC), scrunch some of that moisture out with my "Curl-ease" towel, dry my bangs if I am going to with a blow dryer and "place" the hair sort of where I want it at the crown and sides. Then I let it dry by itself and scrunch out the crunch usually with some coconut oil.

Occasionally I'll diffuse a bit but it tends to cause frizz.

Legend
April 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I let it air dry overnight and basically leave it alone.

Sarahmoon
April 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I usually wear a bathrobe after showering and keep it on for some time, putting my hair in the hood so I don't leave a trail of water when I walk around. Then when I get dressed while it's not dry yet I put my hair in a braid or bun.

Gylfi
April 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I squeeze the excess water out in the shower and then wrap it in a towel. I twist the towel and wrap it around my neck like a big scarf for about ten minutes. It's usually dry enough to wear loose without getting my shirt wet by the time I'm dressed and ready to face the world :)

1nuitblanche
April 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I usually wrap it in a towel and squeeze some of the water out. Then, I put it in a loose bun on the top of my head and go to sleep. In the morning, I take out the bun and let the rest air dry.

Alaskanheart
April 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I try to be gentle and pat it with the towel I dried off in .then I go to my husbands closet and steal one of his hanes white shirts and I put the headhole around my neck and then bring it up to cover all arounf my hair, then I get on the computer or do some chores for about 30 minutes before I take it off, I dont comb and I let it dry. I might put some oil in it while its still slightly damp.

HollowHannah
April 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I squeeze all the excess water out of my hair in the shower. Then I wrap it in a towel for a few minutes so it's not soaking wet. Then I just leave it alone to air dry. Except when I'm going to school when I just do a loose french braid.

Gumball
April 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM
How do I dry my hair? Well since it air dries I'd have to go with patiently. Hehe. Depending on how much time I have after the wash before I have to actually go out and do something sometimes I sit in my undershirt or sometimes I'll braid it, put on a shirt and go out. So long as nobody hugs me and causes my back to shiver from the cold I manage pretty well.

willowcandra
April 16th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Wrap in a towel for ten minutes or so then leave loose till dry, no touching.

If I have to go out or o to bed I will gently detangle with my rake comb (mason pearson) and Bun to go out or braid to go to bed...or make a sleep tale if I want it to dry straight.

My hair is just plain nasty when wet and really easy to damage so I try not to touch it much. I wash it gently upright though so I make very few tangles anyway.

ETA: I wash upright and like to keep my hair that way. I do the first twist of a log roll and hold it aginst my head while I turban the towel so all my hair fits under the towel without tangling. When I take off the twoel I gently squeez the towel around the length.

Newniepg
April 16th, 2008, 03:29 AM
I am only a newbie, so my routine isn't firmly set- I will be experimenting with some of the previous answers! At the moment, I wring out the excess water and cover my hair with a buff for an hour or so, it seems to work ok.

eadwine
April 16th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Wrap it in a standard towel for a few minutes, and then let it hang and airdry. It's usually dry within an hour or two.

Shell
April 16th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I detangle when wet in the shower, the rinse again, taking care not to disturb my part. I squeeze out excess moisture. I put my hair in a standard towel turbie style, by folding my hair a few times and laying it on top of my head, then wrap. I leave it this way for 5-15 minutes, depending on my schedule. Then I take it down and scrunch/blot a bit. Then I pin the very front Curly Girl style so that when dry it stays out of my face. I can air dry from here, keeping a small towel on hand to continue to scrunch/blot the ends, which are very drippy for up to an hour. Lately, I've been using a ficcare to put it into a modified bunnytail (just one twist and let the tail hang down--it bears no resemblance to any bunnies I've ever seen). I still need to blot the ends, and it gets "straight" at the top, but the ends still curl nicely, and I don't get soaked while it dries. The pins at my hairline can be removed, so I can go out this way. I generally take it down and redo it a few times to let it air out. It takes about 5 hours to dry.

Loviatar
April 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I wrap mine in a towel when it's soaking wet, then hang my head upside down and fingercomb some aloe gel through my bangs. Sometimes I also fingercomb some Goth Rosary conditioner through the length and ends.

Then I flip my head the right way up, comb my bangs back with a wide-tooth Mason Pearson comb, and fingercomb gently through the length. I then leave it to air dry, down, for as long as it takes to dry.

Only when it's fully dry do I comb it properly.

vindo
April 16th, 2008, 09:02 AM
-Sqeeze out excess water.
-Wrap in towel for 5-10 mins.
-Take off towel and do some head-banging which untangles the hair and gets more water out.
-Let Air Dry until damp.
-Detangle with wide toothed comb.
-Let dry some more.
-Comb first wide toothed and then fine toothed comb.

Voila!:)

lora410
April 16th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I gently squeeze out the excess water, pat gently to get it to the damp state, apply oil, and gently comb.

helynhighwater
April 16th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I wrap mine, 'turbie style' as I understand it, in a standard towel for a minute or two while I finish up in the bathroom, then gently squeeze it with the towel before putting the towel up. A tiny amount of conditioner plus a little oil gets added from the tips up to no higher than the ears while it's still wet or at least damp, but my hair will be otherwise left alone until it's dry again and ready to be combed. My wet hair hates to be even fingercombed and combing wet will suck all life out of it so that it dries to become limp as cooked spaghetti, only less appetizing.

JKRBeloved
April 16th, 2008, 05:02 PM
1. Turning off the shower, I gently finger-rake out the tangles while I'm in the shower, and my head is upside down.
2. While upside down, I rake through some leave-ins, then gently scrunch with a micro fiber towel several times each section.
3. Lay out the mf. towel and plop my upside down hair onto it, fastening it to my head, turban-style.
4. Then I turn the water back on in the shower, rinse off the rest of me, and leave the towel on while I use body and face moisturizers, dress, and do my make-up.
5. Then (20 min. later?) I gently take off the towel, while head is upside down, scrunch in a bit more leave-in product, then lift up straight and check out the effect.
6. Usually then I take a hair stick and, using a hand mirror to see the back in my bathroom mirror, I lift all around, to arrange the strands nicely.
7. I put several finger-curls around my face with bobby pins, then let it air dry, but I usually take out the finger curls before they are totally dry, otherwise they seem to get a bit firzzy.

tennies
April 16th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I pat dry with a towel, and air dry. Sometimes I comb it, sometimes not.

zelah
April 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I get as much water out as I can, then put it up in a microfiber towel. I'll leave the towel on for about 5 - 10 minutes, just to take out any excess water. If I leave the towel on for longer, that's just keeping it wet longer. Then I take the towel off. Sometimes I'll rake my fingers through the ends to find any tangles. If my hair starts leaving water marks on my shirt I'll go ahead and squeeze out some more water or pat it again with the towel. It gets mostly dry pretty quickly, within about 15 - 20 minutes (it helps to live in the desert), but it doesn't get fully dry for a few hours. I don't put my hair up or anything until it is almost completely dry, just because I don't want those strange kinks in my hair afterwards!

psvzum
April 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I put it in a microfiber towel while I get dressed. Then I comb with a very wide tooth comb, add product, bend over and scrunch. Then I air dry.

harley mama
April 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I plop with an old tee shirt for about 30 minutes. Then, I just shake it out and let it finish air drying.

Lixie
April 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I squeeze as much excess water out of my hair before getting out of the shower, wrap my hair in a towel and leave it for about ten mintues, comb it out then leave it loose to air dry.

seadaughter
April 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Squeeze out the water, put it up in a towel for 5 -20 min. Then take it out, make my side part, do not comb it at all, sometimes not until the next morning( I wash usually at night) but definitely not until it's fairly dry.

Brianna
April 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Squeeze out water, then put it in a towel for as long as I can be bothered. Then I comb it, fluff it out a little, and let it airdry. :)

Anje
April 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Well, if aloe gel becomes a regular part of my routine, I'll need to work it int this somehow, but this is what I do now:

Gather hair into low (unsecured) ponytail, fold length back over my head. (This prevents tangles, as opposed to simply turning my head upside down.)
Wrap towel around head turban-style.
Dry off, apply deodorant rock.
Turn head over. Take off towel. Flip it over one long edge, so the opposite side and dry long edge are now on top.
Re-turban hair.
Do other stuff for a few minutes...
Let hair down, comb it, let it air-dry.

shell78
April 18th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I squeeze out excess water in the shower, then apply leave-in and gel, scrunching out water. Then I scrunch with my inverted Twisty Towel (the smooth side) to get as much of the water out as I can. Then I pick one of the methods below...

Air dry: Clip up the front so I won't touch it too much and wait.

Diffuser: Diffuse the roots for 5 minutes, scrunch the ends again and wait for them to finish air drying.

Overnight: Scrunch / "plop" into my Towel, twist and sleep. In the morning I diffuse if my roots need it and scrunch any crunch I've gotten from the gel with my inverted Towel.

KaeleyAnne
April 18th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I gently squeeze the water out of my hair in the shower. After getting out of the shower, I gently squeeze/blot out some more water using a towel. Usually I either let my hair hang loose to dry or I put it in a bun, depending on my mood and if I'm going anywhere or going to bed before it drys all the way.

aney
April 19th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I squeeze what I can in the shower then put it in a turban and when the excess has been absorbed I just let it hang down my back until it's dry!

Gecko
April 19th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I squeeze out excess water, twist up gently into a sort of bun, then wrap a towel around it. After I put on lotion I let it down and air dry.

rosieposie
April 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM
gently squeeze out excess water, oil the length with a drop of EVOO, comb with my fingers and wrap a towel around my shoulders until dry. Sometimes I am very bad and use a blow dryer, but I try my hardest to let it air dry 95% of the time.

lacereza
April 19th, 2008, 07:56 AM

ole gray mare
April 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
Blot it.
Comb it.
Braid it.
Smile at it.
Go to bed.

khyricat
April 22nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
pour hibiscus tea rinse over it, wait a few, letting it drip in the shower, then gently squeeze with hands... if I'm not going anywhere, or not dressing for the day right away, I leave it at that, if not, I wrap in the same towel I dry my body in and squeeze lightly, then I oil my body and run excess through hair, then go about day.. if I'm wearing something light colored, and not doing a night wash I try to let it dry first... I am experimenting with doing some daily WO washes between real washes.. if I don't wind up using hibiscus each time I will let it air dry completely even if it gets my back wet...

Amie

Islandgrrl
April 22nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Totally depends on where I am. Probably 90% of the time I shower and CO my hair when I'm at the gym, so time is usually a little crunchy.

If I'm at the gym, I gently squeeze as much water from my hair as I can then fold it up on top of my head and wrap a towel around my head. It stays this way until I'm dressed, when it comes down and I either finger comb it or use a really wide-toothed pick thing to break up the chunks and get any major tangles out. Then it goes into a loose cinnabun to dry. Whole process takes less than 10 minutes and leaves my hair in a very wet bun.

If I'm at home I do the same first few steps, but my hair stays up in the towel much longer, depending on what I have to do - I almost always wash in the late afternoon if I'm at home, because it's when I give my sweet DD her bath. I do take it down to do the de-tangle thing, but then it goes right back up into the towel, sometimes until right before bed, when I braid or bun. It's just moderately damp at this point.

It ALWAYS air dries, though, no matter what. In summer when it's warm, I might sit on the deck in the sunshine for a while and let it dry in the sun.

Gutterfayrie
April 22nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
I scrunch it with a micro-fiber towel as soon as I get out of the shower, then wrap it in the same towel for about 30 minutes while I drink coffee and do intrawebs stuff in the morning take towel off, let it hang down on drive to work, then put it up in bun.

flapjack
April 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
If I showered at night, I will let it air dry a little while I do other stuff, shake it loose (it will make huge, thick clumps otherwise), braid it WITHOUT combing and then go to sleep.

If I showered in the morning, I will let it air dry while I get ready and eat, shake it loose and sometimes comb the bottom 4-5 inches carefully if they're twisting around themselves. Then I will either put it in some kind of updo or braid(s) or leave it down. Most of the time it's down.

Usually I comb before my shower, so combing after isn't necessary unless it's misbehaving and such.

Shypii90
April 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
It generally varies a bit how I dry my hair, but the basic method is the same.

After slightly wetting it, I let it air-dry with some finger-combing.
After full conditioner wash, I comb it carefully, mess it up, and let it air-dry without finger-combing usually.
When I'm getting ready to go out and have to have gel or mousse in my hair to style it, I blot it loads with a dry towel. Then I "style" it.

When I'm at home, air-drying is fine. My curls stick together and compress and my hair looks very frizz-less and shiny!

When I go out it's another story. Walking to the bus stop dries most of my hair (wind always comes at the wrong time). By the time I get to the place desired (no products in my hair), I'll have a full-on afro! Finger-combing grows this afro even bigger. Hahaha.

Eden Iris
April 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Squeeze with a towel while still in the shower. Use that towel to dry my body. Wrap hair gently in that towel and get out. Stand under heat lamp in bathroom taking care of other toiletries. Pull towel off, do a half-hearted finger comb. Ignore for twenty minutes to half an hour, then add coconut oil to the length, comb, and put up for the day. It's usually still damp when I take it down about an hour before going to bed.

Minx
April 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I pat dry the excess off, then finger comb it into a loose bun or braid.

I'll bun if I want my hair to look it's best and I'll braid if I want it easy to manage.
I never leave my hair down to dry. The results are hideous!! :lol:

mommyofatoz
April 24th, 2008, 01:25 PM
When I get out of the shower and my hair is still dripping wet, I apply a bit of AVG & glycerin, then plop it in a microfiber towel I bought from walmart. After I have finished dressing and applying moisturizer/foundation, I then take it down to let it air dry.

Jadetive
April 24th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I just blot it dry, apply a serum/oil at the ends and let it air dry.

No need for detangling. As long as I go to bed with it dry, I wake up with more or less straight hair.

nienna42
April 24th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I squeeze out the excess water in the shower, then wrap my hair up turban-style for several minutes. I use a regular terry towel, but I try to be gentle with it. The only part of my hair where I ever see damage is in the very tippy-tips of my ends, and they're too long to get wrapped up in the towel at this point anyway. Since I don't seem to be doing any damage, I can't see the point in spending money on a microfiber towel. :shrug:

After that, I braid my hair, and it stays there till it's dry. Takes it about 24 hours to dry that way, so sometimes if I want to speed things up a little, I'll take it down when it's getting close to dry. That usually takes several hours off the drying process.

Deborah
April 24th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Wrap in turbie towel for a few minutes. Remove turbie. That's it.

icydove
April 25th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I put a cotton t-shirt on my head to soak up the water for about 30 minutes or as long as time permits. My hair typically takes a long time to dry, so this really helps cut the time down and spare my clothes from major soakage. My hair tends to be a little wavier, too.

Microfiber towels make my hair frizzy :rolleyes:

Medvssa
April 26th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I put it in a towel for a moment, but not long or it becomes a frizzy mess. I just leave the towel over my shoulders because my hair soaks a lot of water and drips, which is not so nice unless it is very warm ;P

Melein
April 26th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I put a towel over it for a few minutes, then leave it to air-dry. I used to leave it overnight before combing, but since I stopped using cones it has become very difficult to detangle if I do, so I try to wash it in the morning so it can be completely dry before I comb.

At the moment, the only time my hair is down is when it is drying!

Sofoulee
April 26th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Well, when I'm in the shower, I semi-rinse all the conditioner out of my hair, gently squeeze the water out and twist it up off my neck and clip it there while I dry and dress.

When I'm ready to style I take down my hair and blot it a little more and add my conditioner, I use an olive oil hair masque as a leave in. I finger it through while detangling, then add mouse and spray gel.. (there are quite a few steps with the styling that I'm leaving out here!) haha, when I'm finished applying product, I plop the hair with a towel and scrunch upsidedown capturing the hair from ends to scalp.

When I'm through with that, I just let the hair air dry with as little touching as possible. I do scrunch it while it's drying, but I don't run my fingers though it or brush it at all. I flip it from one side of my head to the other while it's drying for a natural part.

GlassEyes
April 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I'm an oddity in that I just walk around until my hair dries.

Sometimes, very rarely, I'll rub some of the excess water off with a towel, but usually I just shake my head doggy-style (no perverted comments xD D<), spray with a leave-in, apply oil to the length, and leave.

tiny_teesha
April 26th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I squeeze it and wrap a towel around it for a minute, then flip the towel so i use all 4 surfaces (top side a, bottom side a, top side b, bottom side b)
Then i oil and let it air dry. VERY rarely i blow dry it quickly to leave it barely damp if i need it dry in a hurry on the cold setting pointing downward. And i've straightened my hair breifly 3 times in my whole life! But hair has to be dry to do that! lol

Gwaihiril
April 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Squeeze water out with my hands, then wrap with a microfiber towel and put up on my head, kind of like turban, but slightly different. I take the towel off right before going to sleep and let my hair lay out behind me, usually on top of a towel that's on top of my pillow. I don't move around much while I sleep, so I don't worry too much about giant tangles developing.

Velvetine
April 27th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Squeeze water out with my hands, then wrap with a microfiber towel and put up on my head, kind of like turban, but slightly different. I take the towel off right before going to sleep and let my hair lay out behind me, usually on top of a towel that's on top of my pillow. I don't move around much while I sleep, so I don't worry too much about giant tangles developing.

As above except I use an old t-shirt on the pillow as a towel makes my hair too frizzy

Irishred
April 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I was in the shower down my back. I gently squeeze/blot my hair with my body towel. After I dry off, I wrap my hair in my MF towel (if I can find it) or my regular towel. I don't flip my hair over to do this but keep it in that same upright area and fold the towel up and folding the length under. Usually this last until about 20-30 min when it falls off. Since I can usually schedule a wash for when I don't need to go anywhere. If it is during the day I just let my hair be to air dry. If it is cold our or sometimes when I just feel like it, I will blowdry on low/cool until my scalp is dry and the length is about 75&#37; dry. If at night before bed, I will toss my length over my pillow (and hope it stay there LOL). Most of the time I comb only when my hair is 90-100% dry unless I am combing it 'straight' (better than blow frying it).

I don't like to bun or braid wet hair as it tends to stay that way. I will if I need to though like to go out unexpectedly or if I want to try for some added waves. I rag curled once and it came out nice but didn't last long.

ETA: I like to add a leave in either before or after I wrap in a towel. That is if I remember and have the stuff handy at the time LOL.

socks
April 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I squeze some of the water out in the shower and wrap as much of my hair in a towel as I can. I bun it after I get dressed, and don't le it down until the evening, when I let it air dry. I fingercomb it when it's almost dry, then bun it again as soon as I notice it start to frizz so that I can preserve its waviness before it turns into a frizzy mess.

Angellen
April 28th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I wash, squeeze as much water out as possible, put up in my turbie, and about 20 minutes later take it down and let it airdry.

If it's freezing, I try to bundle up and airdry, but I have been known to use a blowdryer (always on 'cool') if it's just too cold. I'm thin and don't tolerate cold well.

Sana
April 29th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Is drying necesary? I sometimes let my hair stay wet all day by tying into a braid or a bun. I only dry when I go to work...am part-time. I am wondering if it's ok to let my hair stay wet like this? i do it because i like how it feels when it is sort of wet. I also apply some shea & jojoba to the ends after my daily co wash.

HeatherMae
April 30th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I wrap it in a towel just until I am done getting dressed. Then I take the towel off and put leave in conditioner on and put it back in a pony tail, and it eventually dries then. :) Some times I comb it and some times I don't.

mommy2one05
April 30th, 2008, 09:03 AM
After I am done with the s & c then I wring the excess water out then I use a towel to kind of blot dry ( not rub ) and then I use a detangler and comb out with a wide tooth comb and then I put a towel on my back and let the hair hang loose. It still has what I call frizz when it is done drying and sometimes it has more wave..ahh.
The other day I went to a local salon and got a deep conditioning treatment and the girl used a blow dryer on cool ( she said it would not defeat the purpose of the conditioner on my very dry hair). So is a blow dryer on cool ok to use on your hair, or does it still cause damage that way ( I dont have one but was thinking of getting a cheap one) ?

Haith
April 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I wrap it in a towel until I get dressed, let it airdry until its almost completely dry then I bun it loosely for an hour or so. This combats frizz and preserves/enhances my waves.

jojo
May 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
if i am not off to work or going out, i just comb my hair whilst rinsing, blot my hair with a towel and just leave it to dry, takes about 3 hours with me, if im off to work its blotted and bunned and thats it!

if my hair is on the dry side, then i will put some camillia or coconut oil on mixed with a little AVG

Haldir
May 18th, 2008, 08:15 PM
This may seem silly, but I've recently taken to headbanging or windmilling my hair dry... well, most of it, and then I just leave it to air dry. It works, and it's fun! :P

blue_nant
May 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Stand in the shower to drain a little.
Squeeze out water from hair.
Use microfiber towel and wrap hair in towel and make a bee butt out of it.
Dry the rest of me.
Fart around 10-15 minutes.
Unwrap towel and stand in front of herb cabinet, open jojoba oil, and orange and clove essential oils. Mix in the palm of my hand. Apply to lower half of hair.
Then I loosely bun it, all loopy and curly.
(Sometimes I even cap the oils again.)
Usually I loosely braid it for bed, again w/o any combing except fingercombing.

talula_fairie
May 18th, 2008, 10:21 PM
To be totally honest, I do forbidden things too. I rub the heck out of it with a towel and then *gasp* blow dry.

But it's really short right now, so it doesn't matter that much. I've just experimented with not blow drying and it actually is working out ok. I have wavy hair though the waves don't seem to be showing up much when it's this short, so I guess it's alright to air dry it. Usually I used to blow dry it straight because I liked it straight better, but I think I am going to have long wavy hippie hair in the future.

Nynaeve
May 18th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I do one of many things:
a) wrap it up in a towel and let it sit for a couple hours then take it out to let it dry the rest,
b) braid it and pat it with a towel,
c) twist it up in a turbie towel thingy,
d) shake it out like a lion, then braid it, or
e) blow dry (about once a year)

(There are probably more I can not think of at the moment. hmm.)

n3m3sis42
May 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM
When I first get out of the shower, I wrap my shower towel around my hair and pat the outside of the towel just to blot off the drippiest moisture. Then I take the towel off and detangle with a comb. If there is any excess moisture, I lean over the shower and squeeze it out gently with my hands. I put it up in a microfiber towel turbie while I am getting dressed, and if I have time, I sit around with it like that for 10-20 minutes. Otherwise, I just take off the turbie and go. I don't really mind going around with wet hair.

morgwn
May 19th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I have found I can barely touch my hair with a towel as it makes it too frizzy. So I just squeeze a bit of water from my hair and then let it drip-dry for the first little bit when I have the towel wrapped around me or my terrycloth robe on. When it gets to just damp and is starting to dry in some areas I often just put into my day's updo, as often it's often easier to make my hair cooperate in an updo when it's still damp. I'll also put in coconut oil if need be right before putting it up.

noelgirl
May 19th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I have found I can barely touch my hair with a towel as it makes it too frizzy. So I just squeeze a bit of water from my hair and then let it drip-dry for the first little bit when I have the towel wrapped around me or my terrycloth robe on. When it gets to just damp and is starting to dry in some areas I often just put into my day's updo, as often it's often easier to make my hair cooperate in an updo when it's still damp. I'll also put in coconut oil if need be right before putting it up.

I've found the same about towels, and I avoid putting them anywhere near my hair because they just rough it up too much. I also usually squeeze the water out with my hands before letting it air-dry. If I have time, I leave it down for the time it takes to dry so that the waves can fully form, but if I have to run out the door then I put it up. When I first had bangs cut, I would blow-dry just the bangs since they were so short and left to their own devices they'd get all big and '80's-ish, but now that they've grown a bit, I usually find that if I just push them to the side and put a pin in them, they dry nicely on their own.

eresh
May 19th, 2008, 07:21 AM
After the final rinse I squeeze the most water out with my hands and wrap it in a normal towel.
Dry myself, use bodybutter etc etc, when I'm done with all this I take the towel off and squeeze a bit more with the towel, fingercomb and after that gently comb.
Braid and put up.
If I let it down to dry my clothes will get wet all the way down.
Plus I like braidwaves :-)

florenonite
May 19th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I lay an old t-shirt on a bath towel and wrap the two around my hair like a turban. The towel absorbs water whilst the t-shirt keeps the frizz at bay. After I get dressed I take it down and put oil on the ends, and then my hair's generally up and down all day. If I left it up to dry it would never get dry, but if I leave it down it tends to get in the way, so I leave it down when possible and put it up when necessary.

Chamomilemaiden
May 19th, 2008, 12:55 PM
After the final rinse I wrap my hair in a towel (no special one), but I donīt twist it. Sometimes I squeeze the hair. After a while I put the towel over my shoulders (mainly because I have to use a bigger towel now and it tends to get heavy after a while, and I donīt want to get my back wet). Then I remove the towel and let it fully dry. I comb the hair when itīs dry, sometimes I fingercomb before itīs completely dry.

In case I washed hair in the evening. I wrap them in the towel, again without twisting. And when Iīm going to bed I unwrap the towel and lay the hair beyond my head on the towel. I comb in the morning. But I wash my hair in the evening only when itīs necessary.

Teilani
May 19th, 2008, 10:29 PM
My drying routine is generally something like this:

- Once it’s washed, squeeze out excess moisture as gently as possible,
- Wrap a microfiber towel around the length of it sitting flat on my head and back (I try not to wash or brush it upside-down for the tangles that engenders) and blot away more moisture,
- Keep it wrapped for a while (about ten minutes?) and then let it loose to air dry,
- If I’m good and able to keep my fingers and combs out of my hair, I don’t comb it out till it’s at least two thirds to three quarters dry,
- At that stage, I comb it out, and probably add a bit of aloe and jojoba oil to the hair from just below the nape of the neck all the way down,
- Brush out the hair to finish distributing the oil once it is dry, and hopefully,
- Put it up.

If I have to leave the house before this process is done, I put my hair in a single loose plait with a bit of the aloe/jojoba mix to help discourage fly-aways as it dries.

LilyMunster
May 20th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Aquis or turbie towel wrap for about half hour. Then down if staying in the house for the day or, up, if I am going out. French twist or cinnabun. Something that covers the ends.

silverwoods
May 29th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I tend to wash it at night, just before bed so it can air dry while I sleep. If I want more waves, I put it up in a loose scruncie (topknot style) and then sleep.

centurytoolate
May 29th, 2008, 11:56 AM
During warm months I towel out the major moisture and then let it dry on it's own. Winter months I have to blowdry at least part way cause I live in an old, cold house in the mtns and it just aint happening!

Phalaenopsis
May 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Squeeze it out, sometimes a towel around it and then just airdry. As easy as it can be :)

Saranne772
May 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I twist the hair gently whilst still in the shower to remove the majority of the water. I then put all my hair in a turban towel until the towel becomes sopping wet. I then remove it and test the dampness- if it is still very drippy I repeat with another turban towel (I have 6). After removing this I put a large towel around my shoulders and let my hair air dry

PrincessColene
March 22nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
I typically squeeze it out in the shower, wrap it in a microfiber towel while I dress,then air dry.

Nanni
March 22nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
I squeeze it a little bit and put it up in a microfiber hairtowel for 5 to 10 minutes. Then I take it down to fingercomb it and let it airdry.

LHGypsyRose
March 23rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
After gently squeezing out the excess water, I wrap it in a towl while I dress. Then I drape the towl over my shoulders and down my back and my hair layes on that as it air dries (to keep from soaking my clothes). Or if I sit down on the couch, as it dries I will drape my hair over the arm and let it drip dry:D

kwaniesiam
March 23rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
I lightly detangle with my widetooth hairsense comb then wrap it up in an Aquis microfiber towel for 10-15 minutes. After that I let it down to airdry the rest of the way and fluff or fingercomb a bit if it needs it. Sometimes (and very rarely anymore) I'll blowdry on a cool, low setting.

AmyJorgensen
March 23rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
I squeeze out excess water in the shower, put it up in a towel for 5 min...then detangle/leave-in spray, brush, and airdry.

joyfulmom4
March 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
I just squeeze the excess water out and wrap it in an ordinary cotton terry towel. I prefer larger, but thinner towels (long enough to cover all my hair length, but not too bulky and heavy) so I usually reach for some of our cheapo Walmart beach towels (which are surprisingly soft). I wrap my hair up in the towel turban-style and leave it there for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour (depends what I'm up to). Then I take it down and comb through it with a wide-toothed hair pick. After combing, I wear it down until it's as dry as possible, then put it up. Some days it stays down until it's completely dry. Other days, I bun it while it's still damp. I really hate putting my hair up when it's more than a little damp though. Wet hair is not kind to my scalp.

laybackspin1993
March 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
I comb it out first with a wide tooth comb then with a finer one. I then add some Aussie Hair Conditioner/ Firzz Cream. If im going out (most days) i let it dry out a bit for 1/2 an hour or so. Then I blow dry it on high speed but low heat. After blowdrying I brush it with a paddle brush to shape it so it's straight then I blast it with cold air and add a bit more frizz cream :S.

On days when im not rushing out of the house for school etc, i just let it dry naturally.

dulce-de-leche
March 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
I put my hair up in a towel for a few minutes then let it down and either walk around my garden inspecting my flowers and plants while my tangled hair is air drying or I just sit in front of my fan and let it dry that way but I enjoy the garden method better :)

JamieLeigh
March 24th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I use either my turbie twist or a micro-fiber towel, whichever is clean and ready when I reach my hand around the corner of the shower stall and into the linen closet. :p I keep it in a loose turban style for about 45 min, and then take it down and either air-dry it or bun it. If I want wavy hair, then I leave it alone until it's dry, then detangle with my wide-tooth wooden comb. If I want straight hair, starting when it's barely still damp, I comb through gently with my fingers, every five minutes or so until dry, then use my BBB to soften it.

Copasetic
March 24th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I squeeze out a bit of the excess moisture right after I shower, and after that I do nothing to it. I just let it air dry. I have tried putting it in a towel to soak up some more moisture and speed up the drying process, but that leaves my hair really frizzy.

marzipanthecat
March 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I squeeze as much water as possible out whilst I'm still standing in the bath, then I wrap my hair up in the nearest towel I can reach (wrap it up turban style) and then leave it for a minute or two, so a bit of excess water can get absorbed by the towel. Then I take the towel off, shake my hair down (it's usually kind of messy by now) and brush i out, then I do NOT brush it again until it is pretty much dry (so for about an hour). I do not use hair dryers, it makes my hair kind of dry and impossible to manage (I have tried using it on the cold setting, it does not help!). Considering I have fairly long hair, and it is quite thick too, it only takes around an hour to two hours to dry.

babbleball
March 24th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I squeeze out the excess water and then I comb it to set the part. If I don't set my part when it's soaking wet my cowlicks (I have 3) go nuts and I have weird bumps sticking up everywhere and I will forever be pushing bangs out of my face. After all that I let it airdry and that's it. I have no issue with going (almost) anywhere with dripping wet hair and a damp shirt.

jay0
April 22nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
I usually squeeze out as much water as possible and let it air dry. If I'm in a hurry, I'll use a hair dryer.

viking_quest
April 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
I towel dry, then I wrap a different towel around my head which comes off after about 30 minutes and then I let it air dry.

rose_in_bloom
April 22nd, 2009, 09:56 PM
I gently squeeze out all the excess water (no towel drying! it damages my hair) then I comb VERY gently first with my fingers, then a wide-tooth comb. I put it up while it's still quite wet and that's it. I keep it wet for as long as possible to keep the smell of S&C in my hair, and also because my hair is happiest when it's damp.

Peter
April 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
I squeeze out excess water in the shower then wrap my hair in a towel for 5-10 minutes. I can't figure out how to make a turban so I just cover my hair with the towel then twist it a bit and put it on top of my head. :p Then I blowdry on low or warm for a few minutes. After that it's just air drying.

lynnala
April 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
I wrap my hair in a towel while I oil up my bod, then let it loose to air dry.

DarkChocolate
April 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
I gently squeeze excess water out of my hair then let it air dry. After it is dry I finger comb it.

embee
April 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
I wrap my hair in my microfiber towel (which I got from drblue on LHC!!) while I'm still standing in the tub. I keep it in that towel for a while - maybe half an hour. Then I take the towel off and let my hair drip a bit, blotting it with the towel. I usually put on a sweatshirt so the dampness doesn't get to me. After the hair is airdried for a good while I comb through it carefully with my wide-tooth comb and pin it back with a claw clip until it is dry enough to put up and go about my life. ;)

Carina
April 23rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
I use a microfiber towel when I dry my hair.When it is a little bit damp I apply my leave-in.But I never detangle without a leave-in in my hair.I need that slip.My favorite comb is the wooden one from the body shop.I tend to blowdry maybe once a month if I am in a hurry.

princess
April 23rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I wrap my hair in a towel at first and dry it as much as possible. Then I discard the towel and use another dry towel and this time I keep it wrapped around my hair as long as possible say about half an hour. Then I discard that too. and shake it and detangle it with my fingers. I let it air dry. I do not use a hair dryer.

Shermie Girl
April 23rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
I gently squeeze excess water out of my hair, then put it up in a micro fibre turbie for a few minutes. I let it down, add leave in if using and comb then oil, if oiling. (I don't use leave in and oil at the same time, as my leave in is coney.) If I have time, I just let my hair air dry. If I am in a moderate hurry, I dry in front of a gently blowing fan. If I am in a tearing hurry, I haul out the old blow dryer and go to it on low or medium heat low or medium fan speed, gently finger combing as I go to prevent tangling. When I do blow dry, I make certain the air is never warmer than what is comfortable on my face. :D

I can't wait until my hair is long enough to damp bun, again. I used to looove damp bunning. *sigh*

rhubarbarin
April 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
After my final rinse I bun my hair loose at my nape with an hairband, then gently squeeze excess water with a regular towel. Once it's no longer dripping I unbun it and scrunch in a little gel, then air-dry. Very easy.

LadyDi
April 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
I squeeze out the excess water with my Curls Like Us towel, then apply my leave in. I can't get a comb through my hair without a leave in. Right now I just use a wide tooth plastic Goody comb, but looking to get the wooden comb from the Body Shop that I keep reading about. Then I just let it air dry. No touching after it's dry though. Curly hair does not like to be touched when it's dry or it will frizz like nobody's business!!!!!:afro: When I was little, my mom used to "lovingly" refer to my hair as a rat's nest. :sad

eshta
April 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I squeeze out excess water and use a plain old shirt wrapped turban style, after 5-10 min. I switch to the dry side of the shirt and then leave it loose to air dry. Once it's completely dry I'll comb, oil and bun.

Tweak=]
April 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Heya,
i usually wrap my hair up in a small towel and then brush out the rest of the water :)

aahavaa
April 26th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I comb or brush it once after I finish rinsing it and put it in a turbie towel for about 2 minutes.Then I lay a clean towel over my shoulders, remove turbie towel and let hair dry loose without touching it.If I scrunch while its drying it will actually frizz more so I don't touch it except to maybe separate with fingers where hair is tanglling or something. Takes about 2 hours to dry fully.

mira-chan
April 26th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I do Finoriels towel wrapping method with an aquis microfiber towel. Wrap towel around the hair in a tube length wise then around the head. Once it's not dripping wet I usually braid it so it's out of the way.

tevta
April 27th, 2009, 10:46 AM
hmm, since I have a disaster now (bleached my hair one year ago), I am very careful. First I tap my hair with an ordinary towel, then I take my soft fleece like towel, make a "tower" on top of my head and go to sleep. After 8 hours I wake up with nice, glossy curls....and after two hours they are ruined :(

effe
April 28th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I squeeze out excess water while in the shower. Then wrap it with a towel/t-shirt. I will let it sit for 15 minutes or so. I will remove it then comb only the temple area very gently in order to create a smooth front section. Then I will let it hair dry.

Tap Dancer
April 29th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I gently squeeze out the excess water and leave it alone. (Up until a month or so ago I combed my hair when it was wet, but now I usually don't until it's dry.)

cassie_g
April 29th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I put it up in a towel till the towel is as wet as it's going to get and then I braid or bun my hair. It's usually not dry till the next day or the one after that. I very rarely let it air dry loose.

losgan
April 29th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I flip my head over (we'll see how long I can still do this) to shake out some of the excess, and while I'm upside down a put some conditioner on the ends.

Then I twirl it up in a towel, and leave it on while I lotion (about 5 minutes). Then it comes down and air dries.

tina1025
April 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
After washing my hair I put them up in the towel and after about 10-15 mins i fan dry my hair :)

pineapple pea
April 30th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I pat/gently squeeze the water out with my hands first, then a towel, then I comb with a wide comb, and a less wide comb, and then air dry! When air drying, I frequently use a headband to keep my hair back from my face. This equals more 'body'.

chelles2kids
April 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I will usually wrap an old, thin beach towel around it till I get out and get dressed.
Then I take it out and take a very wide toothed comb an detangle, then it goes up into either a loose bun on top of my head (to sleep) or I'll do a more slicked back looked bun if I'm washing in the morning and just need to get it up and out of the way for the day.;)

HotRag
May 1st, 2009, 05:07 AM
I wrap it into a towel for 20 minutes, then comb and let dry.

Bianca
May 1st, 2009, 05:17 AM
Well, I just started following the CG method. So I scrunch in gel in soaking wet hair, diffuse for at coulpe min, (just to get better waves). Let airdry, when totally dry, scrunch out the crunch from the gel. Voila, no more frizz :p

Marika
May 1st, 2009, 06:25 AM
I squeeze the excess water out with my hands and then gently with a towel. Then I add some leave-in conditioner/coconut oil and leave my hair alone until it's dry.

Misha
May 3rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
After washing, I keep it wrapped in a towel while I do other things, then wide- tooth comb it out, then air dry and lightly oil before putting it up.

Rhea
May 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
I let my hair in 3 towels -one after another- dry , then air-drying .

clairenewcastle
October 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I've answered this in another thread but here goes again!
Once I turn off the shower spray I gentley wring my hair out in my hands before wraping a towel around it for a few moments. Drips and I go not go well together!!!!!
Then I run my fingers through it, comb it with a wide-tooth comb, divide the parting and leave it to air-dry.
Actually I think I put more details into this post on hair drying than the other one.....

colibri
October 4th, 2009, 09:28 AM
i wrap it in a towel for 5-10 minutes and let it air dry

jasper
October 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
My hair drys itself :cheese:

I wring it out over the tub and put a towel around my shoulders and my hair over it then I sit down here at my desk and read some LHC.

23_seconds
October 4th, 2009, 08:07 PM
||||||||||

HildeMV
October 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
First I squeeze some water out and then I make a turban with a towel on the top of my head. It doesn't usually stay there very long. I take it off and let the rest air dry, and I don't use a blow dryer.

hmmruka
October 4th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Depends on how much time I have. If I have an hour or so I like to plop if I don't have time I get it as dry as I can with a towel and usually have to put it in a bun to dry because I have to wear my hair up at work.

Kris Dove
October 5th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I squeeze the excess water out my hair first, then rub my scalp with my microfibre turbie towel, then wear it. Then- and this is my one mean thing I do to my hair- I blow dry.

I apply a little heat protection serum or leave-in conditioner to the ends first, comb my hair into it's parting, and start with my bangs, using the highest setting on my dryer for those, as they stick up if I leave them wet any length of time. I then put the dryer onto the lowest heat setting to do the rest of my hair, lift sections of it up and blast it at the roots.

thunderlilies
October 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Nothing too special here... I squeeze dry my hair with a regular old towel, then I (sometimes) bun my hair until it's dry then comb it out. OR, after the towel, I comb it out carefully and let it air dry. Like I said, nothing fancy :-P

LoversLullaby
October 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
After my shower, I wrap my hair in a towel. In the process of getting dressed the towel comes off. At night I let it air dry, but if it's in the day I blow dry it on the cool setting.

Hiriel
October 7th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I squeeze the water out in the shower, then I normally plop it with a microfiber towel in an effort to get more waves. I like plopping, because the way you put the towel keeps cold wet hair up and away from the body, and the towel stays there :)

emeraldfaery
October 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I sqeeze the excess water out and for the most part let it drip dry with a towel around my shoulders. If I need it dried faster I turbie it up in a towel.

Stubborn
October 15th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I usually just headbang a bit in the shower aftr the water is turned off. Then I carefully press the towel on my head and then let it air dry.

WritingPrincess
October 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Turn off the water, squeeze out a bucketful of water, and wrap the towel over my head and around my hair, lengthwise. Twist a bit to hold the hair in, use the free end to dry myself off, and hang up the towel. Then I get dressed and, most of the time, go to my room where there's another towel. I squeeze a bit more water out, and then usually leave it down to airdry, fingercombing if I have the patience. If not, I comb it gently. I try to detangle before it's dry, because it seems to break less that way.

Ravenmoon
October 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I use a towel to get all the excess water out of my hair and then just let it air dry.

Talma
October 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Lately, put it in a braid or a bun and let it air dry. Takes a couple of days though.

Sissy
October 18th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I gently wring excess water from my hair. Then I wrap it on my head in a microfiber, very soft, towel made for hair drying. I wrap myself into a towel and go get dressed in the bedroom. Then I take the microfiber towel off and go back to the bathroom and smooth in my leave-ins. Then I finger comb and use my seamless wide tooth comb to detangle. Then, I usually brush my hair and let it air dry. Once in a while, I will blow dry my hair after it's almost completely air dried... this happens when I"m ready for bed and my hair is still moist and I'm feeling chilly. I hate going to bed with a damp head.

Shar2
October 26th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I wrap my hair in a piece of silk fabric for a few minutes. Then I detangle and braid my hair and let it dry in the braids.

marzipanfuntime
October 26th, 2009, 12:22 AM
How do fine but abundant, straight haired people air dry their hair? I get a greasy look and heavy feel at the roots if I towel squeeze and comb out, even without my usual leave in hair lotion.
(Sorry if it's poor etiquette to ask a question in an answer this question thread).

Bambii
October 30th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I squeeze some of the water from my hair, gently. Then, I apply moisturizer and/or oil and let it airdry.

Smitts
October 30th, 2009, 08:48 AM
while still in the shower. I take, like the length of a ponytail, and squeeze the water out (gently of course).

Then I take a towel and press down on the top of my head. On the part where you would make a ponytail I gently squeeze that in the towel. The I run a wide tooth comb through my hair and squeeze the hair once more with the towel.
The rest I let air dry.