PDA

View Full Version : my hair was bleached for 6 hours

inWaiting
August 10th, 2009, 04:20 PM
my hair was to about the bottom of my ribcage, i went for consultation at a salon, they checked my hair and said it would be totally safe to go blonde and "it won't be any worse than it is now" my hair started falling out like melted plastic. It is now shoulder length and BRIGHT ORANGE AND YELLOW!! I am so sad, I always had great hair and now it's terrible. I did not know the procedure was to have it sit in bleach for 6 hours, i thought it was about an hour process. Anyhow, i joined this site for inspriration and support. This happened a week ago I have been using some products that have strengthened my hair and really decreased the breakage. I have never looked this way before though and it is so difficult. I took my long locks for granted. and it was so thick i had to fold a headband in half for ponytail, now i can just use a regular ponytail holder. I know it will grow but this is so terrible. Not to mention when the owner seen my hair was falling off my head he took over i thought great he is going to help it.....he did much worse damage. he started round brushing with a blow dryer on high and hot, then he flat ironed it and kept spraying it. i said isnt this bad for my hair he says nope you have good hair i said i see chunks just flying off. he got it to "look" ok then started taking pics of me with cell phone. he did more damage to hair i could have treated gently and nursed, just so he could give appearance that its not so bad and take pictures so i could not sue him!!!!

spidermom
August 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Oh dear; that's terrible. It probably seems like it's going to take forever to have good hair again. I hope the time passes quickly for you. Welcome to our fun little community.

jennylouwhoo
August 10th, 2009, 04:28 PM
i am so sorry for you.

inWaiting
August 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate the support. so many people say its just hair it will grow back but the truth is, it is our way to express ourselves. and currently my hair says nothing about me or my style, i am walking around with my hair in a bandanna. i just wish there were a miracle for overnight length. but i have to say i am wearing giant earrings now!!! have to have something that makes me feel feminine still. i think thats what i lost, the feeling of being a soft woman. :(

Renbirde
August 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
D: Oh NO! That's horrible! When I got highlights a few years ago, my hair got nasty after less than 45 mins. of bleach-- what were they thinking? :hugs:

Glad to hear that you've found ways to control the breakage, though. Have you seen Nightshade's damage article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79)?

inWaiting
August 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM
no i have not but i will look now. thank you