PDA

View Full Version : How to tell a "halo" of new growth from normal regrowth?

hennaphile
August 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I have a ton of little hairs that stick straight up, even when I paste my hair down with oil or aloe. I also have a lot of short sections that wont grow out that look like a halo, but I'm wondering how normal growth appears in contrast to what would likely be new babies. Some of them stick five inches in the air like antennae :laugh: . It's almost like I have a little mohawk :cheese: but I can't tell if that's normal or a sign that maybe things will improve :eyebrows:

Thanks guys :flower:

spidermom
August 8th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure about the distinction between "normal growth" and "new babies". Growing baby hairs IS normal. You shed some and grow some every single day.

Rohele
August 8th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the difference between new growth and regrowth (to me they are the same thing? :confused: ), but when I had hair grow back from a huge illness induced shed I experienced a lot of synchronized regrowth. All of a sudden I noticed a whole bunch of 1" or so long hairs around my hairline and part, which continued to grow out together until they were long enough to blend into the rest of my hair. They stood straight up for a while (maybe like the "little mohawk" you're describing).

heatherdazy
August 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Are you doing some kind of hair re-growing thing? I have a client on women's rogaine that has gobs of short little hairs.

hennaphile
August 8th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I should clarify, what I meant was being able to tell the difference between a major growth after losing hair, vs the normal replacement that happens in a normal cycle.

I should also add that most of the hairs I lose are short, so I don't know if my short hairs will ever grow long enough to replace the hair I lost :confused: