PDA

View Full Version : sleeping in turbie twist?

Sarah4983
August 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Is this bad for any reason?
I'm half asleep already in bed on my laptop and my hair is damp but drying in my turbie twist and I don't want to get up to brush it out etc...

julya
August 8th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I've slept in mine and I don't think it causes any trouble.

Sarah4983
August 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
hehe yay! thanks for the quick reply. I shall try it and report if it has any negative or surprisingly positive effects.
I've never let my hair dry all the way in these things. Should be interesting to see how it turns out in the a.m.

Carolyn
August 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I can't see that it would cause any harm unless your hair winds itself around the button. Mine has a button and loop. Maybe yours doesn't. I'm sure I'd lose mine in the middle of the night as I toss and turn.

longhairedfairy
August 8th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I think it's probably okay as long as it doesn't pull.:) Where is the best place to get one of those?

Carolyn
August 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I think it's probably okay as long as it doesn't pull.:) Where is the best place to get one of those?
Sally's usually has them and Dollar Tree has their own version.

heatherdazy
August 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm curious to know what your results are!

And to whomever asked, you can buy them at Sally's.

Nyghtingale
August 8th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Sleep well...:sleep:

~GypsyCurls~
August 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I've slept in mine a couple of times, and had no problems.

Teacherbear
August 8th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I've slept in mine a number of time. My hair doesn't dry all of the way, but it never damaged my hair (that I know of).

'nighty 'night!

Coriander
August 9th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I fall asleep in mine all the time. The only issues I have is with my tossing and turning, so I usually wake up with the thing still wrapped around the length of my hair but it's fallen off my head completely. I haven't noticed any damage, though.

Nevermore
August 9th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I'm going to be the oddball here-I slept in the turbie once and I kept waking up to the snap of breaking hairs :( Normally, my hair is fairly damage resistant, so I have no idea why it hated the turbie so much.

Ryanne
August 9th, 2009, 02:22 AM
The times I slept in mine were fine.

redneckprincess
August 9th, 2009, 06:25 AM
when I do a DT I sleep with a plastic cap and a turbie twist on my head a couple times a month

Cheros
August 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I slept like that the other day, didn't notice any ill effects. I guess the only issue would be if it's too loose, then the wet hair might catch and pull etc. As long as it's tight enough to not move but not too tight that you can't go to sleep there shouldn't be any problems.

@Nevermore
What kind of towel did you use, and did you tie it on tight ? Not trying to insult you in any way, i'm just wondering what might have caused the damage.

Sarah4983
August 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks!! I remember sleepily pulling it entirely off my head at some point because it was loose and about to fall off anyway.

When I woke up this morning my hair at the front of my head was standing straight up and the crown was very flat. haha

Never again. :o

Cheros
August 9th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Sounds like an amusing sight :p

Nicoliee
January 20th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I hate sleeping in mine! I'll wake up with it half off my head!

bluesnowflake
January 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I have noticed that leaving my towel in more than 5 minutes or so makes my hair frizzy and unmanageable, but I think I'm in the minority in that respect. It shouldn't damage your hair as long as you're not a really rough sleeper.

Kherome
January 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I don't know this for sure, but I'd say it's a bad idea. I mean, it's terry material, so its going to cause a lot of friction if you move around at all. You know how they say that you should use a satin pillow case because cotton causes friction? I'd think the turbie would be way worse than a cotton pillow case.

GRU
January 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Just FYI, this is another "zombie" thread... the original post is over a year old.

pepperminttea
January 20th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Just FYI, this is another "zombie" thread... the original post is over a year old.

Thanks for the heads up, there has been a lot of them lately.

GRU
January 20th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up, there has been a lot of them lately.

I've noticed that too. It's annoying to take the time to read a thread and give a lengthy response only to find you're talking to someone whose issue was resolved a year ago!

MrsGuther
January 20th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I have been meaning to get a turbie twist and try it out. I wasn't sure where to buy one though. I didn't realize that the Dollar Tree has a knock off version. Sounds like the Dollar Tree turbie twist may have my name written all over it. :)

Dark Queen
January 20th, 2011, 11:28 PM
LOL, resurrection. Well for those who still aren't sure, I sleep in mine fairly often and if anything it helps prevent the hair from pulling before it's had time to dry. I also oil my hair just after washing it, before putting the towel on so I'm sure that helps if there were a friction problem. Overall I find the towel helps give the oil time to soak up and the hair always feels great the next morning. Hope that helps someone :)