PDA

View Full Version : Nasty comments and bitchy remarks

HollowHannah
April 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I didn't know whether there one already but this thread is born out of my need to vent my anger about horrible comments about my hair. I'm welcoming everyone to come and bitch about people who moan about your hair.

For me, it's my dad's girlfriend and funnily enough my best friend. i get "grow up", "it's too long, it's not trendy, it's old fashioned" and the worst are either "it doesn't look nice on you" or "it doesn't do anything for you".

akurah
April 14th, 2008, 10:12 AM
If she's making bitchy or nasty comments about your hair, I'm not sure how much of a friend she is, let alone a best friend. :twocents:

Most people don't comment on my hair, but most people don't really care either.

mommy101405
April 14th, 2008, 10:13 AM
"it's too long, it's not trendy, it's old fashioned" and the worst are either "it doesn't look nice on you" or "it doesn't do anything for you".

I've spent a lot of time trying to be "trendy and fashionable" The only thing I've ever gotten is a hair cut and wardrobe I am sick of in three months.

spidermom
April 14th, 2008, 10:14 AM
You should ask her something like "Are you trying to hurt my feelings or does it just come naturally?"

Loviatar
April 14th, 2008, 10:15 AM
*waves to another Manchesterite* Hello!

It's your hair. Try to shake off the comments. If you can't, a forum favourite (probably better for your friend rather than a parent/step-parent) is 'I'm not here to decorate your world' - you don't need to cut your hair for someone else. Maybe you could talk to your dad and his g/f about it? Stating clearly that it upsets you or bothers you that they are making personal remarks?

Good luck.

SHELIAANN1969
April 14th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Tell em to wank off and worry about their own hair!!!

I am lucky, no-one has ever complained about my hair, if they did, they are sure to ger an "ear-full" or maybe an "eye-full" (lol)

BrianaFineHair
April 14th, 2008, 10:18 AM
You should ask her something like "Are you trying to hurt my feelings or does it just come naturally?"

HollowHannah, this is a PERFECT reply to both your dad's girl friend and your friend. You may not get any more hastle from them after you come back at them with this. ;) Say it nicely, not snotty though. Sometimes people need to know how ugly they sound.

Mely
April 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
You could just tell them to eat sh*t and die, but I guess that wouldn't be polite.
Maybe they're jealous of your hair.

SHELIAANN1969
April 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
You could just tell them to eat sh*t and die, but I guess that wouldn't be polite.
Maybe they're jealous of your hair.

HAHAHA, well they arent polite either!!! Hahahahaha

Moezland
April 14th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I didn't know whether there one already but this thread is born out of my need to vent my anger about horrible comments about my hair. I'm welcoming everyone to come and bitch about people who moan about your hair.

For me, it's my dad's girlfriend and funnily enough my best friend. i get "grow up", "it's too long, it's not trendy, it's old fashioned" and the worst are either "it doesn't look nice on you" or "it doesn't do anything for you".

Sounds like envy to me:shrug:. Just smile at her - it'll annoy her to no end and you'll have the upper hand. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with anything like that, but i agree with Akurah - she doesn't sound like a real friend to me.

Mely
April 14th, 2008, 10:29 AM
They might get the message if you wore these, LOL

<snip>

Jason
April 14th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I second that it could be envy. Your profile photo shows that you have gorgeous long hair. Perhaps they don't have the ability or patience to grow their own to your length. Try to not let their negativity affect you too much.

Blueglass
April 14th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Those sticks should have thier mounts washed out with soap. Most likely envy hallow.

wolf girl
April 14th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Others have been fortuante that they haven't said unkind things about my hair. I tend to be sharp tongued when I get angry or hurt. :whip: Mean things will fly out of my mouth before I can stop it. :(
I have to agree. Jealousy can be an ugly thing. :liar: Women, for some reason are vicious to each other. :shrug: Just remember if one person says negative things to you in the real world, you have a lot of friends in the virtual world at LHC that think your hair is beautiful! :agree:

Kuchen
April 14th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I think every single model in the glossies apart from Agnyss Deyn, Alex Wek and Erin O'Connor has below BSL wavey hair at the moment. So her idea of "trendy" is interesting.

lora410
April 14th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Wow I can see parents because most of us deal with that, but this is coming from your best friend?? I would seriously consider how much a best friend she is to constantly put your hair down. I for one wouldn't have anyone like that as my friend. Whenever I hear of people say their friends putting down their looks or hair I immediately think jealousy, or the fact they have to put you down due to their own lack of self-esteem.

PseudoScot
April 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Why don't you either...

Ignore it

Explain to her why your hair stuff is important to you so she can understand

Suggest you girls do some hair stuff together for fun

Show her some of the things you've learned

Think about how often you talk about it - maybe she's just not as interested and is bored? Not everyone likes hair talk like we do.

Other than that, just wait it out. But think about kind responses, not knee-jerk snotty ones. C'mon people, we're better than that here.

Eboshi
April 14th, 2008, 11:25 AM

Tell em to wank off and worry about their own hair!!!

In the interests of keeping TLHC family-friendly and "PG-13" this thread is closed.