View Full Version : just a random thought...question?

redneckprincess
August 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
(*thought bubble from yours truley....)

:cheese:Is my hair softer and shiner because of what I am doing to it, or because of what I'm NOT doing to it?

Fencai
August 8th, 2009, 12:46 PM
oooooooooooooooo good one!

I have to think (personally) that it is a combination of both.
Of all the GOOD things that you ARE doing to it
and of all the BAD things that you're NOT doing to it

redneckprincess
August 8th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I asked my husband this morning (on the way to his barber) he said probally because of what I'm NOT doing to it, but I thought Id ask around here with people who like their hair and dont get it cut off once a week, lol alright not that often...
Im sure it is a combination of both really but I wonder what plays more of a roll...ya know?

Speckla
August 8th, 2009, 12:57 PM
It might be softer if you're not using heat or chemicals like you used to. Your true hair texture might be showing now. :D

Teacherbear
August 8th, 2009, 01:00 PM
LOL, great question! It is the chicken/egg issue, isn't it?! ;)

Either way, I'm glad you have softer hair! :)

hydrangea
August 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I believe it is probably softer because of what you are NOT doing to it. I say this because my hair seems softer closer to my scalp. This is the hair that has not been "tormented" by heat or chemicals. The ends of my hair seem a bit fried and much less soft.

spidermom
August 8th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'd say it's what you're NOT doing to it more than anything. I have (I think) finally grown out and cut off my old heat-abused hair, and my hair is soft most of the time all the way to the ends. I don't do anything to it anymore. I don't even oil regularly like I used to when I still had bad ends. I have my stylist do a deep treatment (Joico K-Pak Reconstructor) on it about once a year, and that's it. Good care goes a lot further than treatments in my experience.

Silver & Gold
August 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Yes!

(Must obey the 10 character rule.)

SimplyViki
August 10th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Probably what you're not doing, as others have already said. If only all of my hair were as nice as the hair closest to my head!

jennylouwhoo
August 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM
id say for my hair which has been chemically dyed since i was 13 that my ends still need help to feel good but my roots dont need as much help so id say its both for me

pink.sara
August 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM
id say for my hair which has been chemically dyed since i was 13 that my ends still need help to feel good but my roots dont need as much help so id say its both for me

Exactly! Leave that new growth alone and CWC the ends something chronic in my case! :)

LaFlor
August 11th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Definitely both. It's all part of babying your hair... what you are doing and what you aren't.

Spike
August 11th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hmmm . . . personally, what I'm NOT doing to it is making a difference.

Used to have a pixie, and drive a convertible. Since my hair wasn't long enough to tangle, I let it blow in the hot dry wind. What the heck, I was going to need a trim soon, right?

Then I started letting it grow. Reached a point where blowin' in the wind meant a messy head of knots, so began bunning and covering.

Now I can tell when I miss a strand! That bit will be rough and dull till the next oil and conditioning treatment, while the rest is shiny from roots to tips.