PDA

View Full Version : Finally have a hooded dryer: How should I deep condition

Poetic
August 8th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Because I am only now just purchasing a hooded dryer after years of not having one I usually just put my favorite deep conditioner in my hair and let it set overnight. I then apply shea butter and coconut oil and do the same.

I am wondering for those who deep condition with oils, do you find it better to mix it with your favorite conditioner or apply them separately?:confused:

Thanks in advance.:)

redneckprincess
August 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I picked on up at a garage sale some time ago but have yet to use it, since I usually leave my DT in overnight. maybe when it gets colder out I will start to use it more

prettigurl
August 8th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I have a dryer too, but I'm too lazy to use it. I usually mix my oils in with my conditioner to kill 2 birds with one stone. It works out better that way because it rinses clean and it doesn't leave an oily residue. When I do oils by themselves, it takes forever to get all of the oil out.

spidermom
August 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM
My stylist puts me under the dryer for 20 minutes after applying a deep conditioning treatment, then plastic wrap (I'd use a shower cap at home).

Poetic
August 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks. :) I think I will do a deep treatment and sit under the dryer for 20 minutes. My hair is so dry from having shampooed it.:( But conditioner alone would not get my hair clean . . . too much product build-up