PDA

View Full Version : Very funny reaction followed by a compliment

Euphony
August 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I was at the grocery store the other day putting my groceries on the belt. I turned to the grocery cart to grab more to put on the belt and I realized this woman was staring at me. She was about 55 or so, short hair. She kept staring and staring and her mouth was gaping open...very wide.

I dress a bit weird on occasion (though I think I was pretty normal that day ;)) so I didn't figure she was staring at me that way because of my attire. But I've learned (yes...it does happen a lot) when someone is staring at me I stare back, right at their eyes until they realize I'm staring. She finally looked me in the eyes, she got this almost dreamy expression on her face and the biggest grin and said 'your hair is gorgeous'. I'm really not sure if she actually noticed the length, she started raving about the color. She said 'it must be natural' I told her it wasn't and that it was henna, then her mouth dropped again and she stared at my hair some more.

It was a little odd, but really cute. I thanked her immensely.

Carolyn
August 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
She was mesmerized by your hair! That's pretty cool! At least she was polite and complimentary and didn't mention LoL or try to touch your hair.

AmyJorgensen
August 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
That's too funny that her mouth was open. I had one of my friends who hasn't seen me in a while tell me my hair was "epic" looking the other day. Clearly he hasn't seen the LHC.

going gray
August 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM
How sweet, a pretty special compliment. By the way, your hair is amazing, it is gorgeous!

The Drood
August 7th, 2009, 08:11 PM
The facial expression with the compliment makes it so much better :)

Just wonder why, if she loves hair that much, why is hers short O.o? Did she buy into the older ages mean short hair?

camirra555
August 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
That's nice! I had a coworker tell me my hair was looking longer today. IT was one of the few days that I didn't wear a bun or ponytail. It's always nice to have someone else admire your hair or notice that it's growing.

RancheroTheBee
August 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Awww! That's really sweet, actually.

RavennaNight
August 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Awww! She was completely engrossed! What a nice compliment, but Did she catch any flies? :lol: Just kidding.

Tressie
August 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Well, of course your hair IS gorgeous! :D She was obviously stunned by the richness of your beautiful locks and the awesome color! Congratulations!!

Now, you can say with authority that you have "jaw-dropping" hair!! :agape: LOL!! It's true!!!

xovictoryxo
August 7th, 2009, 11:26 PM
aww thats sweet :D

ladylibra
August 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM
:laugh:

I do the "stare back" thing too! I always got stared at as a kid and it used to make me self-consious. It's funny, sometimes people get caught up in what they're staring at and kinda forget it's rude until they get caught.

Usually if something catches my attention that's stare-worthy, I try to strike up a convo with the person. Doesn't always work, but I feel it's better than staring at them all day like a weirdo. ;)

swanns
August 8th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Aww even if it was a bit odd, I think it was still so nice of her to compliment you like that!

Euphony
August 8th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Now, you can say with authority that you have "jaw-dropping" hair!! :agape: LOL!! It's true!!!
Oh that is funny, I hadn't thought of it like that!

:laugh:

I do the "stare back" thing too! I always got stared at as a kid and it used to make me self-consious. It's funny, sometimes people get caught up in what they're staring at and kinda forget it's rude until they get caught.

Usually if something catches my attention that's stare-worthy, I try to strike up a convo with the person. Doesn't always work, but I feel it's better than staring at them all day like a weirdo. ;)
I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one that does that!

One time in college I was wearing a favorite skirt and top that matched and my Birkenstocks. It was an almost ankle length skirt and the material looked like a red bandanna. I was riding the elevator up to the top floor of the psych building and there was a gentleman in the elevator that must've been in his 70's, the whole ride up he stared at my skirt and I stared right back. Finally he realized I was staring back, his face got red and all he said was 'nice skirt'. I thanked him and laughed so hard on the inside!

JamieLeigh
August 10th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats on the compliment! You do have some amazing hair. :flower: