PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hair Lovers!

lengthy_locks
March 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I'm Sarah, I'm new here, and I joined because I'd like to grow my hair really really long and I just don't know how to care for it properly. :rolleyes:

My hair is very thick, and is prone to split ends. Plus, I have very very hard water and the iron buildup I get is rediculous! I've got a lot to learn... and I look forward to learning from you!

Oh, I am 17-years-old, and I used to have butt-long hair until I was 12 when I got it cut to a bob which I hated! Since then I've had it longer than shoulder length with lots of layers.

Gumball
March 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the LHC! There's so much information that you'll pick up here that I'm sure you'll be on your way to happy hair times very soon. You'll have all the support you'd ever want or need here, too. Everyone is very friendly. I'll be seeing you around!

AJoifulNoise
March 9th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Welcome to the site, Sarah! Butt-length, eh? I've never had hair that long. It's a dream to me. I'm sure you can grow it back to there. This is the perfect place to learn how to care for it. And, the people are pretty spiffy, too. :D

lionshoney
March 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hi, nice to meet you *waves*.

lengthy_locks
March 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks guys! I feel welcome already! I'm sure I'll find answers to all my questions here. My first one (I was trying to find a thread to put it under but...?) is how to use the "calculators" in my profile... the ones that have drop-down selectors where you're supposed to put how thick or how curly your hair is. I guessed when filling them out.

BlndeInDisguise
March 9th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys! I feel welcome already! I'm sure I'll find answers to all my questions here. My first one (I was trying to find a thread to put it under but...?) is how to use the "calculators" in my profile... the ones that have drop-down selectors where you're supposed to put how thick or how curly your hair is. I guessed when filling them out.

This explains it: http://www.network54.com/Forum/246853/message/1051514625/Fia%27s+Hair+Typing+System+%28what+those+numbers+a nd+letters+mean+in+our+signatures%21%29

I'm new here, too, but welcome, anyway! :p

MelLuna
March 9th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Welcome!:)

yogachic
March 10th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Welcome Lengthy Locks!

lengthy_locks
March 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
This explains it: http://www.network54.com/Forum/246853/message/1051514625/Fia%27s+Hair+Typing+System+%28what+those+numbers+a nd+letters+mean+in+our+signatures%21%29

I'm new here, too, but welcome, anyway! :p

Thanks so much! That definitely did the trick. I absolutely love how long that girl's hair is in your picture! She couldn't have it much longer, could she?