View Full Version : What are they actually called?

April 14th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I've heard these called both Dutch braids and fishtail braids, but I've heard both those terms refer to other things as well: Dutch braids to a kind of French braid that's done the other way, and fishtail braids to herringbone braids.

So what are these ones called? They're basically a French braid with two rather than three strands. I can't find a picture and I don't have one myself, but I can take one if you guys don't understand what I mean.

April 14th, 2008, 09:11 AM

Dreamweaver calls them a twist, I call them a rope braid. They make pretty buns when you twist them up!