PDA

View Full Version : Some more longhair ad...

free_hug
August 7th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Looks like Garnier wanted to reach out to long haired customers, and though many of you might have seen these, they re new for me - so let me share:

A cute-and-funny one, with a gorgeous blond mane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YygtVIFfLb0

And an ad for India, where women traditionally keep their long tresses - i totally drooled over this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExZ8Wte2zkE

Enjoy!

Cheros
August 7th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Looks like Garnier wanted to reach out to long haired customers, and though many of you might have seen these, they re new for me - so let me share:

A cute-and-funny one, with a gorgeous blond mane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YygtVIFfLb0

And an ad for India, where women traditionally keep their long tresses - i totally drooled over this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExZ8Wte2zkE

Enjoy!

Such destruction, such beauty. I remember this from aaages ago.

And wow, I'm in love :p

Stephichan
August 7th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I've seen the first one before, but it's been quite a while. I was using Garnier for a short while, then switched to VO5 because so many people raved about it on the forums and because it was on sale where I do all of my grocery shopping. I may ultimately end up switching back to Garnier.

cockerspaniel9
August 7th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Wow, such beautiful hair! hm, maybe I have to try their shampoo and conditioner now :p... haha

windinherhair
August 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I had seen the first commercial but not the second one. Really beautiful hair... but like with all commercials and ads, makes me wonder how much they enhanced it.

SimplyViki
August 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I've been drooling over the first one for ages now.

I. Want. That. Hair.

Too bad mine'll never look like that without flatironing first.

Anje
August 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Wish there were any truth to the first one... Unfortunately, I think her hair even keeps changing lengths through the commercial. Starts a bit above classic, and I think when it's tied to the rail, it's significantly longer than her arms!

Aeon F.
August 7th, 2009, 02:32 PM
:shocked: both have beautiful hair- but I'm LOVING the indian one. Her hair is so thick and dark and (of course) Loooooong!! Goregous!!!! I wonder if it's real.. :p

82exoticbeauty
August 7th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I've seen this on commercials before and then youtube. I had to pause where the girl on garnier long & strong commercial! I had to flip it back and forth! It does seem longer when she tried pulling her hair out when it was tied! When she was running before that, her hair wasn't even long, it was right at classic length! Does it seem odd? I don't know if it is a wig or not just by identifying the hair!:confused::)

rogue_psyche
August 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
My friends have a joke about the first one. We always say, "I'm gonna tie this b*tches hair in a knot!" in a growly voice whenever it comes on.

That second one is kind of racy! You see how he runs his hands down her hair to where her backside is...

Beatnik Guy
August 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I hadn't seen the second one. :)

ETA : here's another (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfNSpVhJ168&feature=related).

Darkhorse1
August 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I LOVE that model's long, thick blond hair and always think of Igor when I see that ad.

Do we know if that model's hair was real? Because I'm pretty sure the shot where it's tied, the hair is not real. It looked a bit too shiny to me, but I believe the model does have long, long thick hair. :D

Sissy
August 7th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Ok, those vids are both beautiful, dream hair! However, is there any ingredients in this Garnier Fructis conditioner that would actually yield these results. For example, the commercial claims we would see up to 80% less breakage. What magical ingredients would help the product achieve that? I am very curious to know as if there was such an ingredient I'd look for it in ALL my products!

Amara
August 7th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Wow, gorgeous hair!

LittleOrca
August 7th, 2009, 05:49 PM
That's the garnier I use... :D

The Indian one was great. I remember seeing the first one on TV some time back.

LittleOrca
August 7th, 2009, 05:51 PM
ETA : here's another (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfNSpVhJ168&feature=related).

Someone actually posted this in the comments section:

wonder how she got such long hair!!

:brickwall

That was a cute commercial too though :)

Shufro
August 7th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I loved the commercials i want a guy to enjoy my hair like that as weeeell im so jealous hahahahhaah i have to buy it im convinced :D

aksown
August 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Ooooo... I might be tempted to switch products but I can't use Garnier. The one and only time I tried I ended up with the mother of all headaches for three days. :( Just not willing to chance it again.

camirra555
August 7th, 2009, 09:53 PM
That second one is kind of racy! You see how he runs his hands down her hair to where her backside is...

Haha! Thought I was the only one who noticed this. I was like "oh my!"

free_hug
August 10th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Hey all,

Small update on these vids: no, the hair is totally NOT real for either of them. No, you don't have to consider switching for Fructis haircare stuff - even by simple logic, you can guess the actresses weren't strictly using Ganier products for the last 7 years :D The product didn't even exist when a now 3 or 4 foot hair started out from the scalp...

My adoration mostly went for the Indian ad, being the dark hair fan i am. The actress in the ad is Diana Penty, and normally she looks like this: http://www.francismathew.com/Diana%20Penty2.jpg, and http://www.francismathew.com/Diana%20Penty4.jpg
Beautiful, isn't she? :) and sports APL to BSL hair, when it comes to reality.

No, i absolutely have to conclude that haircare product ads are not the least good sources for inspiration. They just practically never advertise their stuff on real hair. Maybe - 2 % of the time?

Fethenwen
August 10th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Garnier totally destroyed my hair and scalp a few years back :( I'm still not sure why though.

Chrissy
August 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I hate Garnier. When I used it I felt like I couldn't get it out of my hair. Maybe I should have diluted it. I just don't use it at all. Tried it once - done.

shadowclaw
August 10th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I used Garnier length & strength for a little while. It didn't really do it for me, though. My favorite will always be Aussie Moist before they changed the ingredients a few years ago and ruined it :( At least the 3MM still works, but I've gone coneless!

I never saw either commercial, but the hair is beautiful! I agree, the one from India is a bit racy at the end! And I always thought Indians were conservative. It's shame they didn't have the actors wear more traditional clothes. I find them to be very beautiful and colorful. Of course, they were targeting the youthful, hip crowd that follows western fashion.

Aditi
August 10th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I have seen all the ads given in this thread, i think that Sunsilk ad is totally gross. Most of the hairstylist dont advice to use Sunsilk as they use chemicals in their shampoos, Garnier is however a good brand.

earthdancer
August 10th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I started using Fructis Long and Strong as a last resort about 4 years ago when my hair was very short and still breaking off an inch at a time. I thought I was going to end up bald with my hair breaking off so fast. Then using Fructis L&S, for the first time in years, my hair was able to grow, plus it looked a lot thicker - I used to have a part down the back of my head because of my fine hair, but the Fructis cured that! I knew it was working when my hair got to shoulder length in just a few months.

Now it's called Length and Strength. I no longer use it exclusively since I found shampoo bars, but I still use it sometimes.

HairColoredHair
August 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Ok, those vids are both beautiful, dream hair! However, is there any ingredients in this Garnier Fructis conditioner that would actually yield these results. For example, the commercial claims we would see up to 80% less breakage. What magical ingredients would help the product achieve that? I am very curious to know as if there was such an ingredient I'd look for it in ALL my products!

I believe the disclaimer is (as it usually is with these claims) 80% less breakage (than with basic shampoo alone).

Of course most people get less breakage with conditioner...

Drynwhyl
August 10th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I remember it, it's a good one. The shampoo and condish are crap though. Totally dried my hair out ;S

Wicked Princess
August 10th, 2009, 07:57 PM
These commercials, while not picturing the actresses' real hair, are very pretty! They're certainly inspiring to me, anyway :) I've used Garnier in the past with no ill effects, but it also wasn't the best shampoo and conditioner I've ever used.

I have to say, I do appreciate a mainstream shampoo/conditioner portraying long hair as cool and hip - one can hope that it makes everyone who says that "long hair ages you" shut up!

longhairedfairy
August 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I used to use Fructis Long&Strong several years ago. It was really great. The only problem for me was that I think it weighed my hair down a little because my hair is fine.

nowxisxforever
August 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I LOVE that model's long, thick blond hair and always think of Igor when I see that ad.

Do we know if that model's hair was real? Because I'm pretty sure the shot where it's tied, the hair is not real. It looked a bit too shiny to me, but I believe the model does have long, long thick hair. :D

It can't be.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2eun3q1.jpg

nowxisxforever
August 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Someone actually posted this in the comments section:

:brickwall

That was a cute commercial too though :)

Sigh.
I responded to them, even though the video didn't load.

adiapalic
August 10th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I used to use Garnier Fructise Long & Strong! They changed the name to Length & Strength later... I feel it was because "Long & Strong" comes off as terribly suggestive, lol. :laugh:

I switched over to Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose though.

adiapalic
August 10th, 2009, 09:27 PM
It can't be.

http://i30.tinypic.com/2eun3q1.jpg

Haha, it would have been to her knees.

young&reckless
August 10th, 2009, 10:30 PM
[quote=adiapalic;716387]I used to use Garnier Fructise Long & Strong! They changed the name to Length & Strength later... I feel it was because "Long & Strong" comes off as terribly suggestive, lol. :laugh: [quote]

:disbeliefI never thought about that!

redneckprincess
August 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I have seen that first one several times...

MsBubbles
August 11th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I have seen all the ads given in this thread, i think that Sunsilk ad is totally gross. Most of the hairstylist dont advice to use Sunsilk as they use chemicals in their shampoos, Garnier is however a good brand.

Well then I guess I'm gonna be in for it down the road because the sunsilk pink bottle conditioner for thirsty ends is my conditioner of choice!