PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Hair

Eden_Rayn
August 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I am getting married October 10th and I am at a loss as to what to do with my hair. I really do not want to make a appointment with a salon. I should be at or a little past APL by than. It is a small church wedding with a autumn theme. I am wearing a floor length gown with cap sleeves. I am looking for anything from down, half up, or updo I am at a loss.

SOoooooooooooooo any ideas on what to do with a autumn wedding?

Eden :pumpkin:

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Lilli
August 7th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hi Eden. For my wedding, I wore my hair in a low, round bun. My hair was BSL then and I wish I had not done that because my hair was so pretty, and with it up in a bun, I simply looked sort of bald in photos. I know you don't want to go to a salon, but maybe you can practice some long, shiny, loose looks, and maybe do a little wreath or crown of fall plants? Whatever you do, I vote for down.

amaiaisabella
August 7th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I'm just past APL, and theoretically I think the hair is long enough for a crown braid, even though I've never managed to actually do one :p You could do that and leave the rest of the hair loose, which always looks pretty. Congrats on your wedding!

Madame J
August 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Congratulations! You're actually getting married on my anniversary, so I love autumn weddings. I would go with a half-up. Your dress sounds very sweet and feminine, with the cap sleeves, so a half-up with a pretty clip (maybe see about a custom NightBlooming hair brooch in a fall theme?) would go nicely. Maybe do some rag curls to add interest.

Personally, my hair was chin-length, and I blew it out myself for my wedding -- that was pre-LHC for me! Good luck.

Queenie
August 7th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I've still got 10 months to go, but I'm planning to do a half up. Best of both worlds! :D
Congratulations!

heatheradair
August 7th, 2009, 09:13 AM
My hair was the same length yours is now for my wedding. I did my hair myself - my profile picture is what it turned out like (or if you're a newbie like me and can't see everyone's profiles: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/maybe2k3/callum%20and%20heather/wedding/IMG_2406.jpg ). I did use heat styling/hairspray, but I figured that it was worth it for my special day. You can also see that I had several inches of "virgin hair" at my roots with the rest of it peroxide damaged... it would have turned out nicer if I'd been willing to redye. But at that point I'd already started on the path to healthier hair and wasn't going to erase several months of work!

It was exactly what I wanted, and it only took a curling iron, a bit of hairspray, 3 or so bobbypins, and some baby's breath.

HairColoredHair
August 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I've decided I'm wearing a headband-ish thingee and doing rag curls down the back if/when I get married... seems nice and soft and feminine.

prettigurl
August 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM
You could do loose curls or waves and wear it down.

peachrose
August 7th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Curled and then pinned partly up is a really pretty look at that length. Mine was about APL too and I wore a half up with curls. I went to a salon but that was before I joined, although it is only one day of heat styling. :flower:

Backliteyes
August 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I think this depends a lot on what sort of jewelry you are planning to wear. Larger, more ornate earrings/necklace would be better with an updo or at least half up. If you're going simple on jewelry then they won't be competing with your hair for the spotlight.

Kat
August 7th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Are you wearing a veil, or no? If so, what style?