PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood actresses or LHC members

jera
August 6th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Whose hair do you prefer. Hollywood actresses or LHC members? Why?

I used to love Angelina Jolie's long tumbling waves until I joined LHC and envisioned all the damage she was doing to her hair. I used to try to style my hair like her too. What a damaged disaster. :(

I also loved Kristen Stewart's hair in Twilight. Then I found out it wasn't all hers. Burst my bubble. :poot:

Miranda Otto ( who played Eowyn in TLOTR trilogy ) had the hair I most envied and wanted to emulate. But it turned out to be just a wig. :o

So, after much deliberation, I vote for LHC members' hair. It's real, it's healthy, it's long, it's frequently shiny, it's always inspiring, and it's forever beautiful. It's like a fairy tale kingdom here, full of beautiful long haired ladies and errant knights.

:cheese:

Bunnyhare
August 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
i though Miranda Otto really had long hair?
I agree with you though,the hair here is amazing! and i am aspiring to grow down to where it stops by itsself!
I used to think Lara Croft had long hair, HA! i watched it again recently and it is just waist length!:0)

Lemur_Catta
August 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
From what I have seen from the various signature's pictures, I prefer LHC members' hair :D
The amazing hair we see in fantasy movie, as you have said, is often an illusion, either a wig or extension. And in most "modern" movies hair is not that beautiful, IMHO :D

Anyway I do absolutely love Giselle's hair in Enchanted :D

Reptilia
August 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I love Amanda Bynes recent hair... however they're extensions.
I also love Kristen Bell's hair in Hero's. I think it's real? lol
And I'm a big fan of the Reese Witherspoon bangs!

However, I aspire to more LHC hair then I do celebrity hair. More or less because I know it's real, lol.

Naamah
August 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I admire the hair of LHC members more. Because it's healthier, it's real, and it's just gorgeous without having to load it up with products and using heat.

jera
August 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
From what I have seen from the various signature's pictures, I prefer LHC members' hair :D
The amazing hair we see in fantasy movie, as you have said, is often an illusion, either a wig or extension. And in most "modern" movies hair is not that beautiful, IMHO :D

Ha ! Me too. Her hair was beautiful:p
My opinion about what's beautiful and what somehow falls short has really changed too since I joined LHC. Now when I see hollywood actresses with all that fake styling it looks so contrived and really not pretty as I used to think. Most LHC members would make better hair models IMO. :)

spidermom
August 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
This is like being asked a question after having a shotgun leveled at your face. Surrounded by LHCers, what can I say except LHC hair?

I revisited a scene in the movie Michael awhile back because I wanted to see the long beautiful hair of the waitress in that bar scene, and my hair is longer now! I was so surprised.

marzipanthecat
August 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
LHC members.

Honestly, I look at just the little pictures people have on each post, and I am so impressed!

Also - as a few people have mentioned - I may really like an actor's wig, but that is not really hair...

Syaoransbear
Sometimes LHC members, sometimes models. You can bet that pretty much every actor doesn't have 100% real hair because everyday they have their hair styled for 2 hours before they can film anything. Tonnes of damage, tonnes of breakage, and absolutely no way they can maintain a longer hair style

I never idolize the fakeness of hollywood actors, but I really love the hair in shampoo commercials! (despite being some of the most fake hair of all~)

BlndeInDisguise
Definitely LHC hair! It's great being on here and knowing that people here do their best to take good care of their hair. :)

kmoc123
August 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Julia Ormond in "First Knight"...I am sure her hair was a wig or extensions but it sure was pretty!!! I love that kiss she goe from Richard Gere, too...he about sucked her face off...LUCKY GIRL!!!

pink.sara
August 6th, 2009, 05:01 PM
LHC! All the beautiful hair on here is far lovlier than any hollywood wig or advert extensions :D

Ever noticed on the bottom of shampoo/colour adverts the disclaimer "styled with some extensions"?

Or do they not do that in America? Interested to know!

Nyghtingale
August 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
The LHC!! Hollywood uses wigs, extensions, and tons of products to reproduce what we have. :p

GlassEyes
August 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Eh.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like LHC hair but...just because their hair may or may not ahve grown out of their scalp, doesn't mean it's any better or worse than our own. Sure, it didn't grow out of their head, but I don't think having extensions is all that bad.

That said, I do prefer LHC hair because it seems more shiny in general, and I like shiny hair. xD; Might just be all the flash though.

Roseate
August 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hollywood/model hair can look crazy gorgeous in pictures, it's true.

But that's pictures, and hours of styling, and buckets of silicone. Some actors and models may have real live nice hair, but the vast majority have hair that looks great for exactly as long as it takes to click the shutter.

I think we have more staying power here!

RancheroTheBee
August 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
LHC! All the beautiful hair on here is far lovlier than any hollywood wig or advert extensions :D

Ever noticed on the bottom of shampoo/colour adverts the disclaimer "styled with some extensions"?

Or do they not do that in America? Interested to know!

I've never seen anything like that, actually.

The Drood
August 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Easily LHC, you girls (and guys) have amazing hair.

Euphony
August 6th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I used to think Lara Croft had long hair, HA! i watched it again recently and it is just waist length!:0)
Isn't it funny how perception changes? I've rewatched movies/shows with people in it that had such long, beautiful hair - to find that mine is far longer now.

There was some kid show on the other day on a channel that had been left on the tv. I was working on the computer so wasn't paying attention, but one of the characters was about 16 or 17 and she had waist length hair. I watched it for a bit and realized every time they showed her either from the front or back, her hair was facing the front. Such as if she was facing the camera nearly all of her hair was over her shoulders in front of her, if her back was to the camera all of her hair was behind her.

I thought that was kind of funny. It shows how much is realized in the beauty of long, healthy hair. It was a redeaming quality of hers that they wanted to make sure was captured to it's fullest.

LHC or celebrity. I've had the pleasure of seeing probably 20 LHC members in real life - definately LHC hair.

LittleOrca
August 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I love LHC's hair of course, but Ashley Argota has some amazing hair as well :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3597623939_8f77bb5bfe.jpg

She apparently donated some to LoL (10 inches) :rolleyes: and this picture was I guess before that event. Sadly, on the True Jackson website (the show she is currently on) her hair seemed to be BSL in the front now. :( I hope her hair is still all there.

LittleOrca
August 6th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Ug, I found the cutting pictures:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3403/3597630025_6ee1181fe1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3406/3598437258_0dbb3b47e8.jpg

What a loss to great Hollywood length. :sad:

Kiraela
August 6th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Mostly, I prefer LHC hair because I can actually hope one day to attain shiny, soft hair like that. There's no way I can afford the styling it takes to get most celeb hair. That said, I do adore some of the red carpet updos I've seen!!

Speckla
August 6th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Both? Neither? My own. Why do you ask such hard questions? ;)

lhangel9
August 6th, 2009, 10:01 PM
LHC has my vote!;) IMO there's way too much fake hair in Hollywood i.e. extensions, wigs, weaves, etc. After all the focus is on acting. There's nothing wrong with them, but I'm much more comfortable with my own hair. Imagine being on a date and someone who wants to run their fingers through "your" hair and their fingers get caught in a weave or they accidentally pull your hair "off":D I know I'm being naughty, but I'm also nice:bow:

Wanderer09
August 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
LHC hair, definitely, although I do love some actresses' hair in movies (LOTR, for example) despite knowing it's not real. Eowyn and Arwen are two of my hair idols...

SimplyLonghair
August 6th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I like LHC hair the best, because it is real. I look at all of the lovely heads of hair, and know just how much time and attention went into it and I am awed.

Hollywood hair only takes a few hours and some big bucks. :shrug: not so impressive. Hollywood is IMO it is the reason that some people think that their hair is not right. They are so used to seeing all hair as being thick and full and all one length. And like many other Hollywood images, not all can aspire to achieve the look.

Some have fine hair, others thick I think that each kind has it's own special loveliness.

Here at LHC we have many wonderful heads of hair that represent all hairtypes and lengths and styles. I salute their diversity! :thumbsup: :happydance: :cheese::cheese::cheese:

LHC Rocks! :rockerdud

Laylah
August 6th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I love both looks, but personally I'd rather have LHC hair since you can wake up every day to your real hair, rather than have to spend all day at the stylist cutting off hair, adding back extensions, curling, straightening...etc. It's just more practical to attain, I guess.

Of course the majority of people here would say LHC hair, since we're all LHCers ourselves!

jera
August 7th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Sometimes LHC members, sometimes models. You can bet that pretty much every actor doesn't have 100% real hair because everyday they have their hair styled for 2 hours before they can film anything. Tonnes of damage, tonnes of breakage, and absolutely no way they can maintain a longer hair style

I never idolize the fakeness of hollywood actors, but I really love the hair in shampoo commercials! (despite being some of the most fake hair of all~)

LMAO. :D I like the hair in shampoo commercials too. I wonder if that's real.:o

jera
August 7th, 2009, 02:45 AM
LHC has my vote!;) IMO there's way too much fake hair in Hollywood i.e. extensions, wigs, weaves, etc. After all the focus is on acting. There's nothing wrong with them, but I'm much more comfortable with my own hair. Imagine being on a date and someone who wants to run their fingers through "your" hair and their fingers get caught in a weave or they accidentally pull your hair "off":D I know I'm being naughty, but I'm also nice:bow:

Ha ! I've thought that exct same thing myself. :D One of the things I admire most about LHC members' hair is that is it's both beautiful and 100 % REAL. It doesn't get better than that.

:cheese:

toodramatik
August 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I love Nicole whats-her-face's hair from *****Cat Dolls.

Other than that... I don't like any celebritys' hair. I prefer LHC members.

Madame J
August 7th, 2009, 07:08 AM

Heh. The last time I watched Enchanted, I realized that Gisele's hair reminded me of a shorter version of Nightshade's.

There are so many beautiful heads of hair here, it would be hard to choose movie hair over real hair. That said, Lara Croft was my hair icon in college, when I had waist-length hair.

Fiferstone
August 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I definitely prefer LHC, especially because members are so willing to share with one another what they actually do to have their hair look like that, and it looks like that in real life. It's achievable, and liveable.

melikai
August 7th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Miranda Otto ( who played Eowyn in TLOTR trilogy ) had the hair I most envied and wanted to emulate. But it turned out to be just a wig. :o

Is this for sure true?! :cry:

Overall, I like most LHC hair better, although there are a few people in Hollywood who do have nice hair. With the majority, it is more the illusion of nice hair that is created, through extensions, silicones, styling etc. I'd be really curious to see what actors would do with their hair if they were allowed to choose how they wanted it.

Rhona Mitra from Boston Legal has/had really nice longish hair, but I noticed after the first season they seemed to straighten it more and use more silicones on it, to make it appear smoother. I didn't like it as much at that point, personally. :shrug:

Lilli
August 7th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I have a hard time with celebrity photos because they always look so perfect, but this thread has helped me remember that it requires a ton of work and damage to look like that. I should read more of those "celebrities without makeup" tabloids so I can feel better!!!

JamieRose
August 7th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hmmm, I used to think Carmindee off of 'What Not to Wear' had really pretty hair until I joined tLHC... and got HD tv. Her hair is friiiiiied! I prefer any natural, healthy hair, either Hollywood or tLHC.... though that generally leans toward the latter, of course. :)

MsBubbles
August 7th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I mean, don't get me wrong, I like LHC hair but...just because their hair may or may not ahve grown out of their scalp, doesn't mean it's any better or worse than our own. Sure, it didn't grow out of their head, but I don't think having extensions is all that bad.

I do not hold the same opinion on extensions. I hate that celebrities use them. I hate that Katie Holmes can get her long hair cut into a Mom hairstyle and then decide it was a big mistake, but just show up on the red carpet with hair extensions...and all the media say how great she looks. But that's just sour grapes on my part.

Also, I like that I can jump in a lake, the ocean, a pool, a shower, or tip my head upside down or run my hands through my entire length and not worry about pulling my extensions out or revealing glue, clips, etc.

I prefer LHC hair over celeb hair any day of the week.

freznow
August 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM

She apparently donated some to LoL (10 inches) :rolleyes: and this picture was I guess before that event. Sadly, on the True Jackson website (the show she is currently on) her hair seemed to be BSL in the front now. :( I hope her hair is still all there.

Awww nooooo! I loved her hair!

getoffmyskittle
August 7th, 2009, 11:17 AM
LHC for sure. But if I ever go short again, I want a cut like Angelina Jolie's in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. :uhh:

LadyLongLocks
August 7th, 2009, 11:26 AM
LHC of course! All REAL! I love seeing everyone's hair here :)

I do like seeing the Hollywood styles, but the extensions make me mad for 3 reasons.

1. They will damage the real hair when they come out.
2. Someone else who had REAL long hair cut their hair and sold it or donated it.
3. They hardly grow their own hair long and depend on the fake hair.

They can even buy fake buns!
(you know what I mean, but in Hollywood it could be both kinds)
:laugh:

Now I find myself always wondering if the Hollywood hair is real or fake, instead of just admiring the look.

Aisha25
August 7th, 2009, 11:28 AM
But if I ever go short again, I want a cut like Angelina Jolie's in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. :uhh:
:draw:Dont even think about:whip:

Tanuki
August 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Extensions don't bother me, and neither do wigs. Why, you might ask, because they afford a person the opportunity to do with their hair that which nature never intended, and attempting to do on their own would just lead to damage.

I love those multicolored extensions you see in some movies where the characters are supposed to be punk or sci fi. and some artificial wigs let you have that crazy spiked hair I adore. Then again, five minutes, hair oil and gel are what it takes to get my hair to behave in the morning.

I'm not above the silicons... I've used them before and with a nice cleansing shampoo (stop hissing people, it's not hair acid) they come right out. Then again, my hair is PRETTY resilient. I used to shampoo daily without frying (hurray for short hair and a greasy head)

That being said, I guess I kind of enjoy the hollywood hair just because I know it's a fantasy and can ignore the reality of extensions and wigs

windinherhair
August 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I would say LHC members. :) On LHC I know that no one here is going to ask me about extensions. This is all real! :cheese:

missfortune9335
August 7th, 2009, 02:08 PM
well about a month ago I would have said celeb hair for sure, but now that I've seen all these photos.... w.o.w. !! lol, there is some really beautiful hair on here! I must say I find so much inpiration on LHC (in the form of envy! lol)

Ryanne
August 7th, 2009, 02:22 PM
LHC members, I like that it's natural and real.

annuscka
August 7th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I'm sort of torn - I get these brief stints of wanting Blair Waldorf (well, Leighton Meester) hair (mainly the colour, but the curls too). But then again - even when my hair was short enough to hold any curl, I never could bother. And nowadays I just won't go there. So while I can think shorter (APL/BSL - which is oh SO short, right...) - is gorgeous when styled in a, well, style - I myself want it long, natural and usually braided. I could never bother with all the product and the curling even if I didn't care about damage. But shorter can be very classical - sometimes I feel like I have boho hair and not the clothes to go with it. But I prefer it that way :D

jera
August 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I would say LHC members. :) On LHC I know that no one here is going to ask me about extensions. This is all real! :cheese:

That's the way I feel exactly. :D

yellowchariot
August 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM
With the short time that I've been here browsing around at different hair types, I'm going with LHC. I've lurked here in the past, and as previously stated, this place is "for real"! It wouldn't surprise me if these so-called magazine editors lurk on here as well to incorporate ideas in their articles and take credit for it! :writer: This place is packed with too much info, but that's a good thing!

jera
August 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM
LHC for sure. But if I ever go short again, I want a cut like Angelina Jolie's in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. :uhh:

Though I've always liked Angelina's hair, I hope you decide to keep your hair long. It's too beautiful to chop. ;)

prettigurl
August 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Lhc members! Stars use extensions to pull off the lengthy locks that come natural for some of us.

Sissy
August 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I prefer LHC members' hair as many time the actresses have extensions or maybe even wigs!

Jinx2234
August 7th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I agree with everyone else, I prefer LHC hair because its healthier and more beautiful. As a rule, I think Hollywood hair tends to look fake.

theskeletonkey
August 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3597623939_8f77bb5bfe.jpg

I was going to mention her!
I think hands down, LHC.
BUT! There are a couple of actresses that have amazingggg hair.
Whether it's real or not.

getoffmyskittle
August 7th, 2009, 11:08 PM
:draw:Dont even think about:whip:

Though I've always liked Angelina's hair, I hope you decide to keep your hair long. It's too beautiful to chop. ;)

Thank you! :smooch:

redcelticcurls
August 7th, 2009, 11:20 PM
You know, thinking about it, I can admire both.

I like looking at the styled hair seen in movie roles. I like seeing period styles. I like seeing Sci-Fi fantasy styles. I like seeing sleek styles that my hair would never pull off. I like seeing interesting colors I could never pull off. I enjoy the variety and seeing how an actor or actress can look with so many different hairstyles. It doesn't have to be real or attainable for me to enjoy the aesthetic or variety.

I can also enjoy the aesthetics and variety here; they are just of a different type.

Aisha25
August 7th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I dont know about hollywood even new bollywood hair sucks now :( its like everytime I see a commercial there hairs is sooo thin, every single one of them. I never seen any actress on tv with thicker hair than me. So I dont like any of them,ill stay with LHC thank you:D

love you skitts:inlove:

mwedzi
August 8th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Overall LHC. All the hair boards, really. Which isn't too surprising considering they are forums dedicated to having beautiful hair. ;) However, I think the girl with the blonde wave/curls on iCarly has lovely hair:
http://icarlys.com/wp-content/up/video.jpg

Aer
August 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I like hair in period pieces, but LHC members are a better inspiration hands down.

enfys
August 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hollywood film hair wins, but LHC hair over the actual actresses.

Wigs don't bother me in films, but it's silly when they then wear them or extensions afterwards, after filming.

Jason
August 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM
When I'm seeing incredible hair in movies I try to suspend my disbelief along similar lines of enjoying a fantasy setting without worrying about whether it's actually possible. But there's really something to be said for knowing that LHC hair is real. It can be appreciated even more because of that.

RoseRedDead
August 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I like both. One is real, the other is not. I'd rather have the real stuff on my own head, but the other kind is nice to look at too.

going gray
August 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Easy to answer this, LHC of course, Hollywood is plastic & fake, you have no idea what's real!

Fireweed
August 8th, 2009, 05:33 PM
LHC because here you can see every hair type possible well cared for and long.

shadowclaw
August 8th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I love the hair in most period pieces and a variety of fantasy movies, and there used to be a girl with lovely hair on a display for Garnier at Walmart. I'm pretty sure her hair wasn't real, though.

My answer to the question: LHCers. The hair is far longer, and despite not being slicked with 10 pounds of silicone and having professional stylists, everyone has beautiful hair and creates beautiful styles. Plus, we even have some unusual colors amongst our members, and the shades of red I've seen here are absolutely amazing.

lundmir
August 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I used to lust after Nicole Kidman's hair in Moulin Rouge. Then I found out it was a wig... LHC of course! I can admire the Hollywood styles but I aspire for the inspiration I've seen here.

jessie58
August 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I love it all, whether it's real or extensions or coiffed for hours by a professional. If the end result looks good, then it looks good. I admire the time and effort and care that LHCers put into their hair care but pretty hair is pretty hair to me.

hennaphile
August 8th, 2009, 10:26 PM
LHC and a few folk on screen :) , but those folks had wigs :P

longhairedfairy
August 8th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Oh, LHC hair! No contest! It's gorgeous AND it's real! :)

AprilElf
August 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM
LHC hair! :thumbsup:

With Hollywood hair I go - "Ooooh, pretty", but then I realise that it's fake, or styled to within an inch of its life. (LOL! Thanks for bursting the bubble, LHC!)

And thanks to LHC I now sigh sadly whenever I see someone in real life with heavily styled hair, and imagine how much better they'd look with long, naturally healthy hair. ;)

girloctopus
August 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I have to say that I prefer the care and concerns of LHC members with their hair over the extentions and overly processed hair of Hollywood.

With that being said, I watched Definitely, Maybe today, and I just love Isla Fisher's red hair. Gorgeous. I wonder if it's her natural color?

Feli
August 9th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I definitely find the hair of LHC ladies (and men!) far more attractive than what you see in the movies. For a start, really long hair is just pretty rare and you don't tend to see it often in Hollywood. I love the fact that there are so many people with long hair gathered together in this forum.

jera
August 9th, 2009, 01:50 AM
LHC hair! :thumbsup:

With Hollywood hair I go - "Ooooh, pretty", but then I realise that it's fake, or styled to within an inch of its life. (LOL! Thanks for bursting the bubble, LHC!)

And thanks to LHC I now sigh sadly whenever I see someone in real life with heavily styled hair, and imagine how much better they'd look with long, naturally healthy hair. ;)

You've expressed what I feel about Hollywood styles sooo well. :pumpkin:

At LHC, I've found an inspiration which never ends. Everyone here is so original, with their own methods, recipes, colorist ideas, nutrition tips etc. Maybe that's why I prefer LHC. It's not homogenized. Everyone's hair screams individuality as well as beauty. :D

sexyjacksparrow
August 9th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I have to say that I prefer the care and concerns of LHC members with their hair over the extentions and overly processed hair of Hollywood.

With that being said, I watched Definitely, Maybe today, and I just love Isla Fisher's red hair. Gorgeous. I wonder if it's her natural color?

Yes, Isla Fisher's a natural red hair. Her first major role was in Home & Away (Australian soap) in the mid-nineties. She was my first 'hair crush' (pic of her in H&A http://hem.passagen.se/danielho/shannon1.jpg) and still is one of them.

I too love LHC hair because it's real and know how much effort goes into caring for it. However, that doesn't mean I don't love hair in movies even though I know it's not real. I still enjoy that it looks pretty. Likewise, I still see pictures of actresses etc in magazines and think they look pretty even though I know that they only look THAT amazing because of make-up, lighting, re-touching etc.

Kerry xx

Redheaded Raven
August 9th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Definitely LHC hair!:cheese:

LaFlor
August 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I used to desire the look of long shiny flat-ironed hair and voluminous waved (with a large barrel curling iron of course) hair. But in the end it is all fake and damaging *sigh*

I guess I spend so much time on here that I really prefer the look of LHCers. It's natural, it's LONG, and it's achievable for me.

atina
August 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
it has to be lhcs hair :D especially for me the hennaed ones lovely red locks. i loved the hair of isla fisher in home and away as well btw i'm now a henna head myself only done it once so far 3 weeks ago but as soon as bf returns in 2 weeks i will do it again cant wait and this time i wont be so nervous lol

BranwenWolf
August 9th, 2009, 01:52 PM
LHC members, hands-down.

I've never seen so much beautiful, healthy hair.
Celebrities seem to cut, dye and fry their hair all the time.

I use to want straight-ironed hair but now waves are in. Now I want my hair to do what it does naturally.

MermaidGirl
August 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Without a doubt, LHCers hair all the way!

jera
August 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I used to desire the look of long shiny flat-ironed hair and voluminous waved (with a large barrel curling iron of course) hair. But in the end it is all fake and damaging *sigh*

I guess I spend so much time on here that I really prefer the look of LHCers. It's natural, it's LONG, and it's achievable for me.

LOL. :D I remember how that felt. Desiring long, stick straight, hair. OMG, has my opinion of what constitutes beautiful hair changed. :eyebrows:

marajade
August 9th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I will say this. . it is nice having a team of people making sure your hair looks perfect all the time.

I wish there was a way to enjoy shorter hair. Bella from Twilight made me want to cut my hair, but it was a fleeting impulse. Especially since I found out it was a hairpiece and it takes a lot of heat styling to get it that way.

I love old fashioned/romantic styles and I think there are a lot of those types of styles here on LHC.

Kaileida
August 9th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Hollywood hair doesn't look good to me anymore. It's always so thin and frayed and unnatural looking. I actually winced at a picture of Jennifer Aniston the other day, and even celebs who are well-known for their gorgeous hair (Angelina Jolie) don't do it for me.

JamieLeigh
August 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I definitely prefer the natural look to the fuss of styling any day of the week! LHC for me!!!! :cheese:

s-a-m-a-r-k-a-n
August 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
Generally, I don't enjoy actresses' hair, but I love Liza Snyder's hair in "Yes dear":) It's shiny and healthy looking.

apynip
August 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
I love Evanna Lynch's hair in the harry potter movies (i'm a HP nerd sorry yall). Her hair is so pretty granted they are extentions more than likely(if they arnt i would love her all the more). But its past waist length and so wavy.

but the hair i see here is so very pretty and natural. Many of yall have such volumous healthy hair its amazing.

But i only have one celebrity i oogle over the hair of and sooo many i just love looking at here. So. probably this communities hair.

Hiriel
August 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
I love Evanna Lynch's hair in the harry potter movies
Evanna Lynch is gorgeous overall. She's a great Luna.

[ /nerd]

violetka
August 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I like some of the actresses hair. For example, Julia Stiles' hair is very nice. But I cannot take away the hair from the woman and look it separately.
There are some hairs in the forum which are also gorgeous, but there are some that are just normal everyday hairs.
Generally it is very hard to sustain natural hair when you are an actress/model, since their hair gets tortured a lot due to their profession.

But I am more a fan of gorgeous men (with or without long hair) and my attention and adoration goes to them. By the way, I will not notice the hair of a guy if I do not find him handsome.

Wicked Princess
August 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
Extensions don't bother me, and neither do wigs. Why, you might ask, because they afford a person the opportunity to do with their hair that which nature never intended, and attempting to do on their own would just lead to damage.

I love those multicolored extensions you see in some movies where the characters are supposed to be punk or sci fi. and some artificial wigs let you have that crazy spiked hair I adore. Then again, five minutes, hair oil and gel are what it takes to get my hair to behave in the morning.

I'm not above the silicons... I've used them before and with a nice cleansing shampoo (stop hissing people, it's not hair acid) they come right out. Then again, my hair is PRETTY resilient. I used to shampoo daily without frying (hurray for short hair and a greasy head)

That being said, I guess I kind of enjoy the hollywood hair just because I know it's a fantasy and can ignore the reality of extensions and wigs

This! :flower:

You know, thinking about it, I can admire both.

I like looking at the styled hair seen in movie roles. I like seeing period styles. I like seeing Sci-Fi fantasy styles. I like seeing sleek styles that my hair would never pull off. I like seeing interesting colors I could never pull off. I enjoy the variety and seeing how an actor or actress can look with so many different hairstyles. It doesn't have to be real or attainable for me to enjoy the aesthetic or variety.

I can also enjoy the aesthetics and variety here; they are just of a different type.

And this too! :flower:

I think you two sum up my feelings better than I ever could. I certainly appreciate and respect the amount of care and love that goes into LHC members hair, which is why I vote for the LHC in the end. But in general, as far as just looking goes, I can admire both worlds. :)

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 22nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
I kind of love Helena Bonham Carter (http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/08/23-End/helena-bonham-carter.jpg)'s hair in her care-free-but-beautiful styles.. but over all I much prefer LHC members.. Nightshade, CinnamonCurls, Hypnotica just to name a few :)

Amraann
August 22nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Although I sometimes see an actress with pretty hair I think it sets an unnatural goal for young women. (They then think that all that goop and extensions are what to strive for)
Most do not have a on call stylist or the money for all that goop and crap ... furthermore its all so damaging.
But of course in our consumer driven society damaged hair generates money.
(you need to then buy products to hide the damage or pay someone to cut it etc etc)
Its definitely a money making empire.

I prefer natural real healthy hair. So LHC it is!
I do not really have a problem if someone wishes to trash their own hair with extensions or whatever but I find it sad that most who do so really are just wishing for what many of us here have naturally. (through time and patience)

Quahatundightu
August 22nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
I love Barbie Xu (http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8196/scan00183gv.jpg)'s hair!! As far as I know it's real :)

For me it's hard to choose! I love seeing long styles in Hollywood, fake or not. But LHC is awesome because it's attainable for many of us, and the hair itself is definitely healthier!! :D LHC has always been the best hair inspiration for me

Bellona
August 22nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
I'm one of those people who used to constantly take pictures of celebrity "hair" to the salon to try and get my hair cut that way.

My most recent disaster made me (finally) realize one thing: My hair is MY hair, and it's not going to look like anyone who has a whole team of people working on her hair and giving her extensions.

So, now, I definitely prefer LHC members' hair. Some members have styles I could actually obtain without a ton of goop and a flat iron, not to mention they are gorgeous looking :)

Fractalsofhair
August 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Depends on the celeb and the LHC member. There are some celebs with hair I envy(not thinking of names off the top of my head) and some with horrid, clearly fried hair. With LHC, the same rule applies. I like a blunt hemline and am not a super fan of the 1b/2b range of waves personally, so for some of our members(who are sweet and often have cool hair colors etc, I just like either defined curls or straight hair personally!), I might not wish I had their hair as much as a celeb with hair that I like. However, in terms of haircare, I prefer the LHC hair syle. Wash every so often, use tons of oil and conditioner, put up, trim only as needed, and let it grow. A lot easier than having to flat iron daily.(IMO!!!)

adiapalic
August 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
When I was little, I had a fit over the women in Braveheart. The one William Wallace married (Catherine McCormack), and the princess (Sophie Marceau)'s hair. These inspired me to grow my hair out.

I think I'm partial to LHC hair because it's much more realistic than hollywood hair. Although, despite extensions/wigs, etc... I still think it's nice to see long hair portrayed in films.

ETA:

I wanted to add some links to photos of their hair. :)

Murron MacClannough- long, fine straight hair:
http://movie.zing.vn/Movie/resources/upload/image/2009/04/Braveheart-movie-02.jpg

Princess Isabella- long, thick wavy hair:
http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/braveheart/_group_photos/catherine_mccormack2.jpg

Medievalhair
August 23rd, 2009, 12:38 AM
I loved princess Isabella's hair from Braveheart. But I would say LHCers hair any day.