PDA

View Full Version : Stopping biotin = hair loss?

Sarah4983
August 6th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Did anyone who was taking biotin for a long period of time experience a lot of shedding after you stopped taking it?

Gumball
August 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I had a moderate increase in shedding after I ran out prior to buying a new bottle. By comparison when I started taking biotin my shed rate dropped.

Heidi_234
August 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I was taking B complex with very high dose of biotin, but I haven't noticed increased shedding when I stopped after 3 months. That said, I'm not the most observant person. :shrug:

Sarah4983
August 6th, 2009, 02:49 PM
The reason I ask, is because it happened to me a few years ago... I was just wondering if maybe it was just a coincidence, ooor....maybe there is some sort of connection.
I've been taking about 3000 mcg daily for the past couple of weeks and i'm wondering if I'll have to keep taking it to prevent shedding.

jera
August 6th, 2009, 02:54 PM
The reason I ask, is because it happened to me a few years ago... I was just wondering if maybe it was just a coincidence, ooor....maybe there is some sort of connection.
I've been taking about 3000 mcg daily for the past couple of weeks and i'm wondering if I'll have to keep taking it to prevent shedding.

I don't think it's a coincidence that you shed a lot. I had o quit due to migraines from the biotin. Now I eat swiss chard which contains more natural biotin than any other vegetable or food. B vitamins overall are excellent for hair strength and growth, but if you ever stop taking them for any reason, your hair can both whiten and shed excessively. :(

Is there any particular reason why you were thinking of quitting your biotin??:o

Sarah4983
August 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Nah, not really. It's just one of those things that I'm going to have to take forever... and worry about if I stop taking it for some reason.
Guess it's biotin for life :)

jera
August 6th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Nah, not really. It's just one of those things that I'm going to have to take forever... and worry about if I stop taking it for some reason.
Guess it's biotin for life :)

Why not? Your hair looks awesome. :p