PDA

View Full Version : looking for LH salon in Dallas

shu217
August 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone know of a LH salon in Dallas? My wife used to use Bill Mahavier, but we lost contact with him. Trying to surprise my wife after being out of the country for the summer. Thanks. Tom

Flaxen
August 6th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Tom, it's been a long time! :smile:

Check out the list of salons in the VIT sticky at the top of the board. There's one in Plano. I'm not familiar enough with towns to know if any others are near you, but there are several in Texas.

shu217
August 6th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks for remembering me. Brends is past TB and approaching classic. The shop in plano is where Bill used to work. I was hoping someone from the area could recommend a current place that is lh friendly or speacializes in it like Bill did. There used to be quite a few of us who used him.

Teacherbear
August 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hey there!! I was wondering how you and your wife were doing! I hope ya'll are well!

I could have sworn I heard someone mention that there is a new GM person in Dallas, but I don't remember who said it or when. Perhaps it was at the D/FW meet last month, I don't remember. But who was it?! argh! I can't remember.

shu217
August 6th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hey there!! I was wondering how you and your wife were doing! I hope ya'll are well!

I could have sworn I heard someone mention that there is a new GM person in Dallas, but I don't remember who said it or when. Perhaps it was at the D/FW meet last month, I don't remember. But who was it?! argh! I can't remember.

Thanks for the reply. I remember when so many used to go to see Bill. Let me know if you remember where the shop is or the name of it. If there is a get together again in Dallas, let me know, we might drive over.

Teacherbear
August 6th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, you missed Lisajaney!! She was in Texas a month ago and we did a "tour of Texas." We were in Austin, Dallas, Houston/Galveston, and San Antonio.

I'll keep a look-out for who said that about a long hair salon in Dallas.

shu217
August 7th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Fox at the loom gave me a tip that he is on FB. I have sent him a message and we will see if he replies and if he is in business anymore. I was hoping someone could recommend somewhere in the Dallas area but no one has responded. Forgot about the socks! Who could forget those and the tiny space Bill worked in when we all met some many years ago. Thanks for your response.

LisaM
April 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I am looking for Bill, too. I found him on Facebook today and have sent him a message. I used to go to him and then lost touch with him when his cell number stopped working. He actually came to my house for a trim one time when he was between salons. I think that was about 4 years ago. I went to Jim Butchee in Plano once and was happy with him but he doesn't do the George Michael treatments. That was just too far to drive if I couldn't get the full GM treatment. I found a salon in Arlington (less than 10 miles from my house) that I'm pretty happy with for now. They at least respect my long hair and trim it just the way I ask. It's not the same as when Bill was around but it will have to do for now.

Hi TeacherBear! I don't know if you will remember me or not. I was at Bill's the day that a bunch of us ladies were there getting treatments and dustings together. I think that was in December 2005.