PDA

View Full Version : Hair texture change?

Maddy25
August 6th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hi,

As some of you know I am working on growing out my natural blonde hair from chemical blonde and I was wondering if any of you who have been dyeheads for a long time noticed a difference in texture and hair type once you had all virgin hair? Im excited to see how my new healthy hair will turn out and I want to know if it will just stay the same or perhaps change (hopefully a bit more wave!).

Sarah4983
August 6th, 2009, 07:48 AM
About ten years ago I was having my hair bleached and during that time my hair seemed thicker, but also very dry.
As I let it grow out, the virgin hair was definitely thinner, wavier, shinier... It took me seeing that to realize how the bleach was damaging my hair all that time.
Then of course I had thick highlights done all over a year or two ago... hehe, resulting in the same "dry" feel to my hair. I think I've officially learned by now! :) My hair just can't handle being bleached.

redneckprincess
August 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
very much so, I have almost a year and a half worth of virgin hair growth..when I have a shed hair fall out and I take the tim to examine it I can not only tell where the color changes because of obviousness in color but in thickness of each strand too, I thought that was strange at first but I suppose it makes since.

Rohele
August 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I've only been growing mine out for just over 6 months, but my virgin hair seems somewhat finer, a lot shinier and softer, and I think its going to be less wavy than the dyed stuff. My hair seemed thicker overall when I was dying it too, I guess due to the dye roughing up and damaging the hair strands.

Laurel32
August 6th, 2009, 04:40 PM
My virgin hair is straighter, softer and much more smooth.

redneckprincess
August 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
shiner, yeah sooo much shiner, and softer ♥